• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DHL problem???? Clearance Event

turpissima

23/12/13
Hello
it's me again. DHL needs the recipient adress. Should i give this information to them?
Im a bit confused, because the recipient adresse should be on the package?
If they not receive this informations, they will hold it for 30 days, after the 30 days, they will contact the shipper and if they also not receive any informations, they will destroy the package...
Can you please give me some support?
Cheers

Did you order to Switzerland with DHL?! Don't give any information unless your TD has told you so.

chronoswiss7

Horology Curious
11/1/15
Hi turpissima
No i ordered to Germany with triangle shipping UK.
So i will wait even if it will take a long time.
Cheers

Thehitman

RadDave’s Punching Bag
Supporter
Certified
25/3/15
Customs status says released but the package hasn't departed in 24 hours... :( move damn it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JLS1963

Renowned Member
22/2/15
Customs status says released but the package hasn't departed in 24 hours... :( move damn it!!!

Reminds me of the expression "A watched pot never boils".........get the double entendre there?
Good luck....this must be killing you!

Thehitman

RadDave’s Punching Bag
Supporter
Certified
25/3/15
It is!!!!!

diver4000

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
30/10/12
My package returned to the sender.
Toro will ship me a new one and I'm waiting for QC.

Hope I have more luck this time.

Greeting

Diver4000

Thehitman

RadDave’s Punching Bag
Supporter
Certified
25/3/15
Nice!!! My watch is still in customs but cleared.... Go figure! Lol

mark3

Renowned Member
27/7/14
Just curious as it never happened to me before but when a watch gets lost some way or the other; does the TD give you a new one back to you without additional costs?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk

diver4000

Banned
30/10/12
He will process a new order for me.
Hope I don't have wait too long this time.
I'll see.

Greeting

Diver4000

JLS1963

Renowned Member
22/2/15
Just curious as it never happened to me before but when a watch gets lost some way or the other; does the TD give you a new one back to you without additional costs?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G901F met Tapatalk
Each TD has his own policy on how they handle a lost or confiscated or dead on arrival shipment. It is up to the buyer to ask questions and clearly understand the policy before placing an order.
Some TD's require proof of confiscation (letter from customs). Others have a waiting period. Most TD's that have a website post their policy, terms and conditions for users to review.

rocksuper

Looking Around
17/9/15
StatusCUSTOMS STATUS UPDATEDTuesday,Further DetailShipment has been given a release by Customs.Next StepUnless there is an adhoc exam or a stop by another regulatory authority the shipment will proceed to delivery

its moving!!!!!!!!

I joined this forum just for this thread alone, I don't deal with the same stuff you guys do, but I do have some electronics shipping dhl from china which if inspected by customs thoroughly would probably be game over for the that package. It looks to me this particular day they were taking lots of packages in a different direction. I got the same message you got "clearance event" and got nervous, but than it started to move to "Customs status updated" the next day(9/15/15) and under 'further details' it states "Shipment has been given a release by Customs.", but its now stuck there since Tuesday.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 LocationTimePiece
12Customs status updatedCINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA
Monday, September 14, 2015 LocationTimePiece
11Clearance eventCINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 1 Piece

10Processed for clearance at CINCINNATI HUB - USACINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 1 Piece

I think it might be done.. I had more packages delivered since then, 1 on Wednesday(yesterday) and 4 today, but this particular one is still stuck and still no movement. Thehitman have you seen your package move at all again since the last update?

Thehitman

RadDave’s Punching Bag
Supporter
Certified
25/3/15
I joined this forum just for this thread alone, I don't deal with the same stuff you guys do, but I do have some electronics shipping dhl from china which if inspected by customs thoroughly would probably be game over for the that package. It looks to me this particular day they were taking lots of packages in a different direction. I got the same message you got "clearance event" and got nervous, but than it started to move to "Customs status updated" the next day(9/15/15) and under 'further details' it states "Shipment has been given a release by Customs.", but its now stuck there since Tuesday.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015 LocationTimePiece
12Customs status updatedCINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA
Monday, September 14, 2015 LocationTimePiece
11Clearance eventCINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 1 Piece

10Processed for clearance at CINCINNATI HUB - USACINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA 1 Piece

I think it might be done.. I had more packages delivered since then, 1 on Wednesday(yesterday) and 4 today, but this particular one is still stuck and still no movement. Thehitman have you seen your package move at all again since the last update?

Lol just for my thread?!? Well I spoke to DHL just now and they said the package is off hold and released by customs... They are backed up big time and it's just waiting in a bin somewhere to be given to DHL for delievery. My package is stuck there at released by customs but it should move soon they are just really busy that's why all these steps are taking so long... :/ my guess is they got hammered with packages those days.

gdelage83

Known Member
6/12/13
Man... I am more stressed reading this than reading a Stephen king book! Can't wait for you to receive it and put some victory pictures!!!

" I am Ron Burgundy?? "

toral

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/15
Hi Guys,

i just found out that I´m a new member of the DHL Clearance Club ..... :cryingbadly:

Thursday, September 17, 2015LocationTimePiece
8Clearance eventCINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA02:511 Piece
7Processed for clearance at CINCINNATI HUB - USACINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA02:511 Piece
6Arrived at Sort Facility CINCINNATI HUB - USACINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA01:541 Piece
Wednesday, September 16, 2015LocationTimePiece
5Customs status updatedCINCINNATI HUB, OH - USA22:24
4Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONGHONG KONG - HONG KONG21:331 Piece
3Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONGHONG KONG - HONG KONG21:281 Piece
2Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONGHONG KONG - HONG KONG19:501 Piece
1Shipment picked upHONG KONG - HONG KONG14:201 Piece

was my first order
View attachment 35541

Attachments

• sub.jpg
    sub.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 0

chronoswiss7

Horology Curious
11/1/15
Look at this. Still the same sh*t
Thursday, September 17, 2015LocationTimePieces
14Clearance eventLONDON-HEATHROW - UK20:231 Pieces
Wednesday, September 16, 2015LocationTimePieces
13Clearance eventLONDON-HEATHROW - UK20:371 Pieces
Tuesday, September 15, 2015LocationTimePieces
12Clearance eventLONDON-HEATHROW - UK20:401 Pieces
Monday, September 14, 2015LocationTimePieces
11Clearance eventLONDON-HEATHROW - UK21:431 Pieces
Sunday, September 13, 2015LocationTimePieces
10Clearance eventLONDON-HEATHROW - UK22:251 Pieces
9Clearance eventLONDON-HEATHROW - UK07:111 Pieces
8Processed for clearance at LONDON-HEATHROW - UKLONDON-HEATHROW - UK07:111 Pieces
7Arrived at Sort Facility LONDON-HEATHROW - UKLONDON-HEATHROW - UK06:521 Pieces
6Customs status updatedLONDON-HEATHROW - UK05:25
Saturday, September 12, 2015LocationTimePieces
5Departed Facility in HONG KONG - HONG KONGHONG KONG - HONG KONG22:341 Pieces
4Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONGHONG KONG - HONG KONG21:211 Pieces
3Processed at HONG KONG - HONG KONGHONG KONG - HONG KONG13:151 Pieces
2Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG - HONG KONGHONG KONG - HONG KONG13:091 Pieces
1Shipment picked upHONG KONG - HONG KONG03:041 Pieces
Can't wait anymore :S

diver4000

Banned
30/10/12
The same as by me.
Two weeks long then return to sender.
Maybe you have more luck as I.

Greeting

Diver4000

Thehitman

RadDave’s Punching Bag
Supporter
Certified
25/3/15
DHL knows better than to mess with Thehitman.

Lol not correct.... :/ I called DHL and though it says package was released by customs it had a trace put on it and it has been in fact and sadly detained by U.S. Customs. I should receive a letter in 30 days to explain. :( so if your package is showing clearance event then released by customs it is actually seized. Well mine was at least...

i spoke with a "certified international" DHL representative on the phone.

These seem to be one single vendor... From the qc pics I'm seeing... ;) that would indicate customs has figured them out some how aka flagged sender... :(

Eschenpod

Renowned Member
21/11/12
I'm telling you hitman, Chinese Air Mail and patience are a recipe for success in this hobby.