• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DenisSpa WTF

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
To be honest, unless he comes on here with a documented explanation (which would be bordering on miraculous), then I couldn't give a shit what the small-dicked little prick was going through or how tough his year was.

He ****** over the special thing we have going here. We have members going out of the way to help each other, people sending people things for free, people sorting out broken watches on their own dime from M2M sales, dealers working with us on watches.... Yes there is money to be made, but this little pussy decided to do something which goes way outside the scope of what can be tolerated here. The more of this that happens the less trust will exist until the whole thing is ******.

Asshole. I'd love a few minutes with the him. And then to run off like a little bitch and not respond to anyone? I really hope he can be made pay for his actions.

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11
To be honest, unless he comes on here with a documented explanation (which would be bordering on miraculous), then I couldn't give a shit what the small-dicked little prick was going through or how tough his year was.

He ****** over the special thing we have going here. We have members going out of the way to help each other, people sending people things for free, people sorting out broken watches on their own dime from M2M sales, dealers working with us on watches.... Yes there is money to be made, but this little pussy decided to do something which goes way outside the scope of what can be tolerated here. The more of this that happens the less trust will exist until the whole thing is ******.

Asshole. I'd love a few minutes with the him. And then to run off like a little bitch and not respond to anyone? I really hope he can be made pay for his actions.

+1 on this.

I don't know much about him and I thought he seems to be a nice and knowledgeable member here but if this is really his intention doesn't matter what he was going through and how hard time he was having, he is really a big time asshole that his integrity, moral and reputation only worth 2.5k......

chaw6125

Renowned Member
14/6/12
Immature kid, 25 years old. Enough said.

Being 25 myself I don't think that is fair to say. What does age have to do with anything? I have a decent job, earn good money and own my own house. There are plenty 30 - 40 year olds that can't say the same.

It looks like he has turned and become a scammer (although I hope to hell not), but his age has nothing to do with this.

It is a sad day though when somebody does this and ruins it for all of us. PP is probably going to die off completely at this rate. Even more so when a seasoned member has done this.

ryanwayer

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
Supporter
9/1/12
I still believe 99% RWI reputable members are trustworthy , hopefully this is just special case :(

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
I still believe 99% RWI reputable members are trustworthy , hopefully this is just special case :(
,,,,,I agree!
I still believe 99% of the members here are trust worthy also! Ever once in awhile we have one go rouge ,,,,But for the most part we have a good solid trust worthy community here!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I should hope it a hell of a lot better than 99%! If we had 1% scammers I'd close the sales section. It's more like .01

Each and every one still cuts me tho, I take it personally. It's been a couple of years since we had a major one like this. This one is Captain Morgan epic.

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
no, the guy who thread crapped is not owed an apology. He thread crapped on someone's sale, on one of our good friend's sale. Ever since I joined I learned that was a no no. If you have a problem or a question about someone's sale then you pm them personally, and if you don't get a satisfactory answer and you think something smells fishy about it, then you contact a mod. You don't thread crap.

Deniss was always good to me, and I followed his builds and vintage watches, and learned a lot from him, and I backed him up as a friend and fellow member when he was thread crapped. I read his ad first and saw their were other great members here involved in the build too. I would have had no hesitation in buying from Deniss with his reputation.

So in my opinion no apologies to the guy that thread crapped. On the other hand if I were the seller I then would have provided the information asked of me to prove my build. but I would have been royally ticked if someone did that on one of my sales instead of just pm'ing me.

As far as the situation with the charge back and blocking all of us, who were his friend.............I don't understand it. I know he has gone through a very tough year, and things probably just all piled up on him. at least that's what I'm thinking. but who knows. I've had the worst year of my life, every aspect of my life sucks right now, but the last thing I would do would be to turn my back on the friends who have been here for me or scam someone out of a lot of money. But everyone handles things differently. Whatever is going on with Deniss, I hope he straightens it up and makes it right with the TD, and with us too. I know there is a slim chance that this is all a mix up but in my heart I really hope it just is.

Forgive me mate, but I disagree.
This guy was protecting potential inexperienced buyers.
I know sh*t about Rolex mods or frankens. I wouldn't even know what to ask about sending the PM to Denis if I was tempted to buy this franken from him.
I've seen many sales threads here when the seller was trying to sell some canal street rep for the price of super-rep. Or when the price was much higher than at the TD's without any reason.
And thanks to alert members who pointed it out in the sales thred (what you call thread craping) the sales was withdrawn. Same as here.
Dropping a PM to a seller (even cc to mods) doesn't protect the community form dishonest sellers because the community is not aware.
And... eventually it occurred that Denis wasn't our good friend at all.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
The guy was also correct. Why was he condemned for pointing out obvious inconsistencies in that sale?

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
It's simple. Because he had small amount of posts and Denis was "our friend". This is how it works sometimes in the internet.

DRBAFC

Renowned Member
23/3/12
Forgive me mate, but I disagree.
This guy was protecting potential inexperienced buyers.
I know sh*t about Rolex mods or frankens. I wouldn't even know what to ask about sending the PM to Denis if I was tempted to buy this franken from him.
I've seen many sales threads here when the seller was trying to sell some canal street rep for the price of super-rep. Or when the price was much higher than at the TD's without any reason.
And thanks to alert members who pointed it out in the sales thred (what you call thread craping) the sales was withdrawn. Same as here.
Dropping a PM to a seller (even cc to mods) doesn't protect the community form dishonest sellers because the community is not aware.
And... eventually it occurred that Denis wasn't our good friend at all.

Agree! Even though he had a low post count (for some reason makes people think he knows **** all) he chimed in knowing his stuff. It may come across as blunt but DennisSpa got flustered and withdrew his sale. An honest seller probably would've tried to prove that so-called threadcrapper wrong but the seller reacted as though he had been caught and didn't want to expose himself.

Seems like the 'noobs' and low count posters generally don't get the credit they deserve

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
One of the biggest issues I've encountered on the forums over the years is calling someone out in a sales thread. I didn't give a crap, I'd do it, and deal with the consequence's later.
It's a fine line.

chaw6125

Renowned Member
14/6/12
There was some things the guy said that were a bit out of line like he should have used a low beat movement. That is correct, but at no point did Denis say anything like "28K bph movement as per gen". That I would consider thread crapping.

On the other hand if an OP states that something is gen they should be able to prove it and would normally put that in the sales thread. The fat font gen bezel could have gone either way. Maybe a PM would be a better option, but he backed up his claim with decent pictures. I think people were harsh on the guy, but I'm not defending airing those things out on their sales threads.

I would expect a price breakdown of parts though when there are claims $2K has been spent on it. If I told you my watch had a gen movement I would need to tag it or if it was serviced show a receipt.

Either way I feel bad for the TD that got burned.

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
One of the biggest issues I've encountered on the forums over the years is calling someone out in a sales thread. I didn't give a crap, I'd do it, and deal with the consequence's later.
It's a fine line.
There is an easy way to make it not possible. This is how it works on WUS. Only OP can write posts in his own thread.
But this is not what we got here. You are allowed to post "Oh! Great watch! GLWS mate!" in someone's sales thread? Fine!
Why posting "Well... you said this is the gen bezel, but to me it looks like rep. Add some more photos" should be condemned?

SheriffWho

Renowned Member
4/6/13
Well, I still believe good people make dumb choices. Denis will likely live to regret his poor choice. The elephant in the room; however, is we are all kind of "outlaws" as it is. I mean, this whole hobby is what it is. Let's be real about that. So, while most of the good people here are above board, you're going to have to expect the occasional untrustworthy "outlaw..."

At any rate, we can still be happy that in the end, the system worked and Denis was outed. I hate that he ****** up and wish he hadn't, but he did and everyone knows. The system worked. Keeping outlaws honest! Or, more honest ;-)

chaw6125

Renowned Member
14/6/12
To be honest I am not only dissapointed in Denis, but I am also dissapointed we have probably lost the input of the guy with 30 years rolex experience after he got burned.

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
To be honest I am not only dissapointed in Denis, but I am also dissapointed we have probably lost the input of the guy with 30 years rolex experience after he got burned.

He's lurking. But based on attitude some of us have given him I doubt that he would want to chime in or participate. Honestly, the mobbing I've seen on that rollie sale thread stopped me from giving any advices to some knowitall members. Its just not worth the aggravation and stopid mud fights. Some of us are eager to jump into conclusions and beat on posters, especially in favor of their buddies. Thats why some of the members will not participate openly thus their extensive knowlege they could have been sharing.