• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DenisSpa WTF

dredd0606

11/2/12
Since the ap tour auto 2012 is individually serialized, we could definitely prove he received it and sold it (once and if I receive it).

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
If the goods weren't illegal, maybe they would be interested. You'd have better luck if you bought a watch from him and said he sold it as a gen. But you'd need some proof he said that it was gen.

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
There is an easy way to make it not possible. This is how it works on WUS. Only OP can write posts in his own thread.
But this is not what we got here. You are allowed to post "Oh! Great watch! GLWS mate!" in someone's sales thread? Fine!
Why posting "Well... you said this is the gen bezel, but to me it looks like rep. Add some more photos" should be condemned?

Because it's not the classy thing to do. The proper route in my eyes is to pm them and a sales mod unless the flaw or lie is painstakingly obvious.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Guys,
Let's not put our theories on how he did it or what could have happen. It gives future scammers ideas. Last thing we want is more people doing the same. Let's mod do their job.

Sent from 1:1 app mad with a gen Tapatalk as sample.

Z3BR4

Renowned Member
16/5/12
Because it's not the classy thing to do. The proper route in my eyes is to pm them and a sales mod unless the flaw or lie is painstakingly obvious.

I don't consider calling out deception as threadcrapping. If something is being presented as something that it isn't, it should be brought to the attention of all potential buyers. In the real world, selling goods claiming to be something they aren't is illegal. It's called false advertising it can be prosecuted civilly or criminally depending on the laws of the presiding state. Sure it may be courteous to the seller to keep your mouth shut, but what about the buyers.. What if you were the buyer? I sell watches here as is and with full disclosure, I'm not trying to fleece anyone by portraying a piece as something more than it is. Sometimes being just isn't classy.. Some people aren't afraid to stand up for what is right. In a hobby based solely on black market illegal goods, the only thing we have is trust. Nothing builds trust more than honesty.

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
I don't consider calling out deception as threadcrapping. If something is being presented as something that it isn't, it should be brought to the attention of all potential buyers. In the real world, selling goods claiming to be something they aren't is illegal. It's called false advertising it can be prosecuted civilly or criminally depending on the laws of the presiding state. Sure it may be courteous to the seller to keep your mouth shut, but what about the buyers.. What if you were the buyer? I sell watches here as is and with full disclosure, I'm not trying to fleece anyone by portraying a piece as something more than it is. Sometimes being just isn't classy.. Some people aren't afraid to stand up for what is right. In a hobby based solely on black market illegal goods, the only thing we have is trust. Nothing builds trust more than honesty.

Calling out deception isn't thread crapping if you are 100% sure it's deception and that's hard to determine a lot of the time. I'm just saying that unless you are 100% sure, you probably shouldn't post about it until you are 100% sure. I just like keeping things in private unless they really need to be public. If it's a scam of deception, then yes, it should be public.

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
He was one of those people that knew his vintages. IMO he was one of few people who had that much knowledge on vintage Rollies. While people who tookup for him on that thread were taking up for him cause he was a member in good standing AT THE GIVEN TIME.
I don't know why people are coming out of woodworks and saying that they knew that he was overcharging but did not wanna say so. I say bullshit. If you really did know and had Denis sold that watch to somebody on the forum, it would have been on YOU since you chose not to say something about it and let somebody buy that watch. That could have costed somebody over 2k in grief. So you were worried about people mobbing up on you and you were gonna let Denis get away with it. Give me a break. Could have, would have, should have, bullshiit. Please keep that knowledge to yourself since you didn't wanna share it at time of sale.

Everybody is gonna be paying for Denis' shit here. We are all in this together. This community works because of our trust in each other despite people scamming somebody once in a while. You have to trust others or we would not have protection against dealers and shit sellers in m2m. So please don't spread mistrust.

And you blaming me for it? Where were the rollie experts when he posted the sale? I'm sure that there's plenty knolegable senior members who could straigh things up for all of us. On the side note, i know few RWI members that Ive known personally and delt with for years and they dont have more than couple of hundred posts and hanfull of sales feedback so I have different approach to the meaning of trust. Im here to enjoy my hobby and share my passion with other members, I dont need discussions with people patronizing me with their comments. Life is to short for that.

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
He was one of those people that knew his vintages. IMO he was one of few people who had that much knowledge on vintage Rollies. While people who tookup for him on that thread were taking up for him cause he was a member in good standing AT THE GIVEN TIME.
I don't know why people are coming out of woodworks and saying that they knew that he was overcharging but did not wanna say so. I say bullshit. If you really did know and had Denis sold that watch to somebody on the forum, it would have been on YOU since you chose not to say something about it and let somebody buy that watch. That could have costed somebody over 2k in grief. So you were worried about people mobbing up on you and you were gonna let Denis get away with it. Give me a break. Could have, would have, should have, bullshiit. Please keep that knowledge to yourself since you didn't wanna share it at time of sale.

Everybody is gonna be paying for Denis' shit here. We are all in this together. This community works because of our trust in each other despite people scamming somebody once in a while. You have to trust others or we would not have protection against dealers and shit sellers in m2m. So please don't spread mistrust.

And you blaming me for it? Where were the rollie experts when he posted the sale? I'm sure that there's plenty knolegable senior members who could straigh things up for all of us. On the side note, i know few RWI members that Ive known personally and delt with for years and they dont have more than couple of hundred posts and hanfull of sales feedback so I have different approach to the meaning of trust. Im here to enjoy my hobby and share my passion with other members, I dont need discussions with people patronizing me with their comments. Life is to short for that.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I think anyone should feel comfortable questioning a sales post. If you think something isn't right post it, tell us, there's nothing wrong with that. Now sure some are gonna cry and call you a thread crapper. So F'ing what?? Look, if your spending your funds you have every right to ask questions, to ask for specific pics, or proof of what the seller states.

I don't give a shit WTF any seller says. Ask all the questions you want especially considering what some of theses guys are asking for these modded reps. You'd have to be out of your F'ing mind to just accept what any seller says without question, F that, you gotta use your big head sometimes.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Why do we have Sales Mod's then ? May as well dismiss them all , since you guys know everything and will play thread police.

egroegart

1/7/13
There is a proper way to do it, as far as "calling someone out" or asking them for some proof of the mods they did. and that is through pm. Like I said in my last post private message the seller with your questions/concerns. If they don't answer to your satisfaction and you think something is smelling fishy then contact a mod about it. That's very simple, and to me a much more respectful way of going about it. R2 handled it well telling the noob not a good idea to thread crap, but also asking Deniss to provide proof of work done. It's not up to us to make a circus out of someone's sales thread. Report it to a mod.

Deniss told us he was so pissed that he just removed the sale because he felt he was betrayed because of his reputation. I believed him still at that point. But I was thinking to myself if it were me I would have just provided the proof and been done with it. Unfortunately it does look like the thread crapper was correct, but should have handled it another way in my opinion.

I agree if we see something that doesn't look right that we should step up and call it out, but do it through the seller first, then through mods. That's what they are here for. And that is using the proper channels.

I am not siding with Deniss at all. I think what has been done is dispicable. SP? and I feel duped by someone I knew and trusted.

Being scammed is how I came to find this site, and I appreciate everything I have learned since being here, and this situation has taught me the most since being here unfortunately.

Am I going to trust anyone any less now? Hell no, that's no way to live.

DRBAFC

Renowned Member
23/3/12
I thought all sales threads were full disclosure. If there's an issue that needs to be addressed, why not in the sales thread rather than privately through the OP or mod? What if it was a genuine issue and a poor sap sent payment of $1500 whilst the validity of the watch was being questioned through a concerned member and a mod through PM? If the seller had intentions of scamming then that poor sap just lost $1500 while the PM's go back and forth instead of it being visible in the sales thread.

I mean if the seller had been here for 4 years and only had 15 posts, I bet many of you would express your opinions openly on his thread and not one soul would defend him.

dredd0606

11/2/12
Good news everyone, the watch came in as pictured. Beautiful piece, here's a quick wristie:

CAM000302_zpszg1uy2cq.jpg

(yeah, I know its blurred and a crappy shot, and no, that's not a scratch in the bezel at 10, its a wayward hair).

Ironhead2

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/10/13
Thread crapping to me means spewing BS just for the sake of hearing yourself talk. Personally I don't know anything about watches and came here to learn, so I have a low post count and probably will for some time. I appreciate the comments JC posted on the sales thread. He obviously has some good knowledge that some of us can learn from. If you are going to claim you have the best sub for sale you should be able to back it up. Due to the mods this rep had it may have been worth the price, due to the the issues JC called out it might not be worth the price, but at least the buyer has all the info to make a decision and be happy with the purchase. PM is fine but I don't see any problem with a valid question being posted for all to see.

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
There is a proper way to do it, as far as "calling someone out" or asking them for some proof of the mods they did. and that is through pm. Like I said in my last post private message the seller with your questions/concerns. If they don't answer to your satisfaction and you think something is smelling fishy then contact a mod about it. [...]

Right... And meanwhile some horny noob will buy the overpriced watch being convinced that if nobody question the honesty of the description then everything is fine.
Think about it.

wolfwood

4/2/11
Good news everyone, the watch came in as pictured. Beautiful piece, here's a quick wristie:

CAM000302_zpszg1uy2cq.jpg

(yeah, I know its blurred and a crappy shot, and no, that's not a scratch in the bezel at 10, its a wayward hair).

Glad to hear. At least he didn't screw you on the deal.

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
I thought all sales threads were full disclosure. If there's an issue that needs to be addressed, why not in the sales thread rather than privately through the OP or mod? What if it was a genuine issue and a poor sap sent payment of $1500 whilst the validity of the watch was being questioned through a concerned member and a mod through PM? If the seller had intentions of scamming then that poor sap just lost $1500 while the PM's go back and forth instead of it being visible in the sales thread.

I mean if the seller had been here for 4 years and only had 15 posts, I bet many of you would express your opinions openly on his thread and not one soul would defend him.

I would have to agree with DRBAFC on this. Time is of the essence for these kinds of sales. Lots of potential buyers realize that someone else can purchase the watch pretty quickly, and will make the decision to buy. In this case, it didn't really happen because of the large price involved, but what if it was a highly desirable $300 watch? By the time a PM was sent to the seller asking about the validity of a statement, and waiting for him to respond (which will likely not happen with all the other PMs he will get from noobs like myself who want to purchase it), or getting a Admin involved, it will be too late. Allowing a member to post and ask a valid question would get it out there pretty quick, and allow for all potential buyers to have a moment in which they collectively think, "oh yeah, that's a good question. I will wait for the seller to respond before buying it".

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
Right... And meanwhile some horny noob will buy the overpriced watch being convinced that if nobody question the honesty of the description then everything is fine.
Think about it.

You beat me to it s3g0y.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Well , all the folks posting ( non vip's btw ) have decided that we don't need sales mods anymore. They will take it upon themselves to police the sales section. They can't be bothered to make a small financial contribution to the forum , but they will sure take up the policing of member sales. Sorry Steelfish. You're being relieved of your duty.

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
I still hope Denis can make this right. If he gives the money back to the dealer we can try forgive and forget over time.