• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DAYTONA V3 CLEAN FACTORY 116500 BLACK

Booonin

2/9/18
maan…after reading tons of posts I still can’t get a sense of consensus of which one is better ootb - BTF or CF v3? plus another Noob versions are coming out…

Last edited:

Bobby1981

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
4/3/13
It depends where your focus is at. If your main concern is the shinyness of the subdials the best one would be CF for the black dial. If your focus is on the quality of the case, pushers and glas it would be BTF. Concerning the white dial BTF is the overall best OOTB.

Reactions: Zimmi69

Bobby1981

INMATE
4/3/13
However the weakest point of any of all versions is the dial in terms of visible flaws. It is also a problem since the dial cannot be changed easily due to the very high dial prices for 500 reference.

Reactions: Cheeps

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
It depends where your focus is at. If your main concern is the shinyness of the subdials the best one would be CF for the black dial. If your focus is on the quality of the case, pushers and glas it would be BTF. Concerning the white dial BTF is the overall best OOTB.
I have three gen Daytonas and have been holding both CF and BTF at the same time. I like the CF case better.

Reactions: Uhr70 and mmaggi

Booonin

2/9/18
What about mechanism? I think both BTF and CF (NOOB too) have incorrect placement of the bridge, the whole mechanism is kind of reverted

Bobby1981

INMATE
4/3/13
No, nothing is reverted. Balance and regulating arms are the biggest tell as being completely different. Engravings are also in general different

Booonin

2/9/18
No, nothing is reverted. Balance and regulating arms are the biggest tell as being completely different. Engravings are also in general different
Pretty sure it is, or maybe it’s just on earlier models? I have NOOB v3 (or even v2) and the movement is placed same time as gen, per pictures of gen movement

Kaloc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/18
Pretty sure it is, or maybe it’s just on earlier models? I have NOOB v3 (or even v2) and the movement is placed same time as gen, per pictures of gen movement

So it’s not reverted

Bobby1981

INMATE
4/3/13
Al the bridges are placed correctly. Movement is not from BtF nor from clean nor from Noob. It is a Dangdong movement. Dangdong copied the 4130 design in most of the parts and that’s it. BTF, clean and noob just add engraving. Sometimes poor sometimes better. I guess that these Dongdongs might have not passed any of the tests (whatever tests they do) and are passed forward for relatively little money to the assembler (btf, clean etc).

Bobby1981

INMATE
4/3/13
The assembler in general takes off some bridges, adds engraving, puts dial and hands and everything together and has the final product

Bobby1981

INMATE
4/3/13
I have three gen Daytonas and have been holding both CF and BTF at the same time. I like the CF case
I have three gen Daytonas and have been holding both CF and BTF at the same time. I like the CF case better.
Cf pushers are of worse quality. When you unscrew them on their way to final position they definitely wobble when you test it with your fingers. BTF pushers are very very close to gen pushers in terms of feeling. BTF case is better in its side profile. The top of the lug start should be straight in its side profile. BTF is correct in that sense and noob as well. Cf starts bending too early. This changes the whole profile shape a bit. It is due to tolerances in scanning of the original case. When you look from the front onto the lugs you can clearly see a tiny kind of twist on top of the lugs. This twist in turn leads to a earlier start in going downwards when looking from the side. It just looks weird. But is of course only visible if you carefully scrutinize this section.

Reactions: GGEuroHEADSHOT