• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Hey gang. Anyone upgrade the crystal?
Is the Noob crystal even worth changing? Some add an ARF crystal but I was looking for a Prof crystal for Daytona can’t find?Thanks in advance.

Lawny

23/7/19
UK
Hey gang. Anyone upgrade the crystal?
Is the Noob crystal even worth changing? Some add an ARF crystal but I was looking for a Prof crystal for Daytona can’t find?Thanks in advance.

I was wondering this aswell. Is it worth upgrading to profs 1x ar or gen crystal?

lukko

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
VXeYFX.jpg

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
Looks way better than her AP :p

If you ever wanna sell that 6263, let me know ;-)

Thanks man, the 6263 is one of my favourites. Too bad that I have issues transplanting gen val23 into it, as the DW mystery movement died and now it is just a prop :)

Reactions: KJ2020

mOrLoC89

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
15/2/19
Yes, the 15620 is a magnet for scratches and fingerprints but also so beautiful in the sunlight!!

af8d993d5ab58238922d081bbdd70a3d.jpg
80617ce95169a96e470cf4d09c0f14ce.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Alexvr79 and KJ2020

lukko

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
Last version of 116520 from Noob :)

Finally with thin subdials, updated subdial at @3 and updated bezel.

Unfortunally the layout of the central words of the dial still wrong for 116520.

VXsC1I.jpg

Reactions: Alexvr79

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Last version of 116520 from Noob :)

Finally with thin subdials, updated subdial at @3 and updated bezel.

Unfortunally the layout of the central words of the dial still wrong for 116520.

VXsC1I.jpg

This sucks! Correct Subidals and still wrong font spacing and two tick dial :(
It seems as Noob only has one printing/layout plate for all of their Daytona dials, or they are just damn lazy and do not care. Even the new Racing dials mostly have the wrong font spacing.
So I still have to buy an ARF watch to create a good 116520 Hybrid....

lukko In your opinion, what are the updates on the bezel. I think the ARF V2 (since the better V1 is not available anymore) is still the best replica Option. It might pass of as a MK6 bezel with the dots close to the inner ring.

lukko

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
This sucks! Correct Subidals and still wrong font spacing and two tick dial :(
It seems as Noob only has one printing/layout plate for all of their Daytona dials, or they are just damn lazy and do not care. Even the new Racing dials mostly have the wrong font spacing.
So I still have to buy an ARF watch to create a good 116520 Hybrid....

lukko In your opinion, what are the updates on the bezel. I think the ARF V2 (since the better V1 is not available anymore) is still the best replica Option. It might pass of as a MK6 bezel with the dots close to the inner ring.

actually noob use this dial also for 116500. This dial has the pre @ 3 subdial which is currently more correct for 116520. the font of the writings remains the same for all the noob versions and is taken from 116500. This dial is not perfect and presents flaw (like any replica), but finally for subtle subdials it can be considered vaguely wearable.

ARF dial have a bit fat subdials compared to this new version and the layout of the words it’s a bit larger but still wrong also in ARF imho (i’ve assembled twi year ago one with ARF dial and bezel). The only dial it’s good it’s BP but have the central hole that it’s too large unfortunally.

About the bezel they have modified the layout a bit with a bit deeper engraving. It’s better than before, but to me ARF still have a better font.

Unfortubally the ARF have a thick profile angle (that’s vertical) and result it’s that the bezel appear more high than it is in reality. ARF bezel need to modding before fittes imho.

Yesterday i’ve modified an ARF V1 for my next modding project.

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Thank you for your elaborate answer!

Currently I have sent a Noob and ARF 116520 white dial to Domi to create me an hybrid. I told him that many people here on the Forum suggest to shave the ARF bezel, but I guess - as the expert he is - he also knows this mod. I am relly excited to see the end result in a few weeks.

However I would also like to have a black 116520 hybrid and as I am to stingy to buy a gen Dial I will most likely buy the ARF doner watch albeit the small dial flaws. In my opinion the slightly fatter subdials on the ARF might pass as a period variation and is for me more acceptable than the wrong and to narrow 5 liner spacing on the NOOB.

I guess we all have our different preferences.

Fab87pz

2/8/18

Currently I have sent a Noob and ARF 116520 white dial to Domi to create me an hybrid. I told him that many people here on the Forum suggest to shave the ARF bezel, but I guess - as the expert he is - he also knows this mod. I am relly excited to see the end result in a few weeks.

However I would also like to have a black 116520 hybrid and as I am to stingy to buy a gen Dial I will most likely buy the ARF doner watch albeit the small dial flaws. In my opinion the slightly fatter subdials on the ARF might pass as a period variation and is for me more acceptable than the wrong and to narrow 5 liner spacing on the NOOB.

Please let us see when you receive back your hybrid. I have a black dial one(Noob and arf) and It is great, I would love to see the result of the same job on the white dial

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1A utilizzando Tapatalk

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Please let us see when you receive back your hybrid. I have a black dial one(Noob and arf) and It is great, I would love to see the result of the same job on the white dial

Sure mate, will post a few pictures when it is back.

I have seen yours a few days back, and it is a very beautiful watch! Your bezel also seems to be a V2. Did your modder shave it down or is it stock?

Fab87pz

2/8/18
Sure mate, will post a few pictures when it is back.

I have seen yours a few days back, and it is a very beautiful watch! Your bezel also seems to be a V2. Did your modder shave it down or is it stock?
Yes, it 's v2. V1 was better but unfortunately it is very hard to find. Anyway it is not shaved

lukko

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy

This is my old Noob with ARF dial , bezel and gen crystal gasket ;)

VXeYFX.jpg

VXJ2ZR.jpg

VXJUmL.jpg