• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
I think the 126509 might be the best looking watch Rolex have made to date.

I am especially drawn the white gold/stainless and black combination, though.

And I still wish it were a couple of mm wider.

KVIdM4.jpeg

Image from Luxurywatchmedia.

Last edited:

TKav3

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/1/23
At the price of a gen bezel you can buy 5 CF bezels and have it plat plated, and leftover for a Daytona lmao
This is a very good point lmao. I thought about getting my bezels plat plated, but I thought SpongeBob was really the only one able to do it right

5Digits

🇺🇸
Patron
Certified
27/12/21
USA
Far out! Is that CF bezel off one of the watches Trailboss has been thrashing about with? It looks like it's been in a fire.
No. Cf bezel is brand new nearly. Bad angle maybe

TKav3

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/1/23
No. Cf bezel is brand new nearly. Bad angle maybe
Could be the angle but I’m still surprised by the difference considering the newer batch CF bezels are pretty crisp. The one I have is almost brand new and when I compared to gen they were pretty identical

5Digits

🇺🇸
Patron
Certified
27/12/21
USA
Could be the angle but I’m still surprised by the difference considering the newer batch CF bezels are pretty crisp. The one I have is almost brand new and when I compared to gen they were pretty identical
It’s in the low lighting when Gen really shines out

damocles

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
mine also don't look very crisp in low light, but in strong daylight they look pretty good like yours.

Jackster

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Does anyone else here struggle to read the time on their Panda? Maybe i'm getting old but the silver hands on a white dial make it nearly impossible for me to tell the time quickly.... especially indoors where I can't flex it to catch the light on the hands? I'm used to Submariners so maybe I'm just used to in-your-face-bam-there's the time- you blind old man!
Still love it though... can't take it off!

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Does anyone else here struggle to read the time on their Panda? Maybe i'm getting old but the silver hands on a white dial make it nearly impossible for me to tell the time quickly.... especially indoors where I can't flex it to catch the light on the hands? I'm used to Submariners so maybe I'm just used to in-your-face-bam-there's the time- you blind old man!
Still love it though... can't take it off!
Yup. Biggest complaint about the Daytona is it's hard to read lmao. Which comes to the point that it's a piece of jewelry not a watch to tell the time with

Reactions: AG91 and Jackster