• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Ooh haha. Must be the lighting! I have a plated 509 BTF as well. Love it! Who did your plating?
Jim. I only know of two others that offer plating in the US. One has a 12+ month waitlist and doesn’t offer plating as a stand-alone service. The other is newer to plating but I trust him 100%, but he also has a waitlist.

What about you?

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
The endlinks on the middel piece looks different to the other two It looks like a Regular 116500
Just examined both closely and both of the new 116509s share the same end links. :)

Temple

Watches, Weights & Protein shakes
Supporter
Certified
12/2/18
UK
Didn't really wear them. I had a huge watch collection at one point but realised I only really end up wearing one or two most the time 😅
I hear that buddy. I’m very much the same tbh. You sold two beautiful watches though, glad another Daytona lover gets to enjoy them at least!

Reactions: Keishara

Hovisbap

Getting To Know The Place
31/5/23
Ireland
Received my CF V3 earlier today. Really happy with it. Initial thought is that crystal isn't all that bad. I had convinced myself that I needed to change it to a deep crystal but I might give it some time. Anyhow, I need to build up the courage first!

It looks amazing on the Oysterflex 😎

Reactions: WindJonah

Fabulously

Supporter
Certified
13/11/17
Lalaland
He622k.jpeg

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Does anyone know the story behind the two dots on either side of the 6 subdial?

Reactions: Californiaff

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
Don't know what the dots are exactly, but looks like this is a dial sent for chronograph certification. Never meant to be put in a watch lol

Looks like there were different iterations as well

Last edited:
Reactions: Hasslebank

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Don't know what the dots are exactly, but looks like this is a dial sent for chronograph certification. Never meant to be put in a watch lol

Looks like there were different iterations as well

Yep, COSC prototype dial not for production.

The other ones are for 16520 Zenith.

Last edited:

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
Yeah I had a feeling it’s to track the watch’s chrono accurately via machine

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22

Absolutely heartbroken about this dial. It was left with a local watchsmith for installation. Got a call this morning saying he couldn’t install it. I figured, okay, let’s see what’s up.

I arrived to the shop and he tells me the dial cracked while he was handling it. WTF!?!?!???? I was so looking forward to this build. This dial is something else! The way it plays with light is absolutely insane.

I immediately messaged JJ to let him know about my woes just to vent. He was also heartbroken to see his work of art ruined. So he offered me a deal on a replacement which was totally unnecessary on his behalf.

He did successfully install the MOP dial but the chrono seconds hand was misaligned so he’s fixing that. Picking it up tomorrow.