• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

domiffm

handsome
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
IMG-5388.jpg

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Bro you got the REAL goods. I've always felt that there's no point in getting into the rep game and NOT making something beautiful, unique, and custom like this, with how much money we spend on this hobby. Congrats on doing it "right."
Thanks. This is going to be a Wildman build with blue ceramic bezel.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
That’s wildly beautiful!! Never saw that before!

My 116509 in blue is the closest I’ve seen to that.

Also, Just bought back an old friend I missed a ton and never planned on loving so much.

And my old fling I had to have back….

Did Jim replate that YG? It looks great!

I should have all the components for my Wildman build by next Friday. Looking forward to it.

Last edited:

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
I am an absolute “blue guy” if that makes sense - where did you manage to find a good blue bezel? I just recently ordered a handful of options directly from Alibaba - but the price alone tells a story ;)
Amen Fab! Believe me, I get it!!! Bat-dial is 126719 (blue) DJ dial is Gen (blue) Tona was bought for dial (blue) bought the 126619 broken, for cheap because it had blue and repaired it, I’m wearing all blue and have two blue cars (identical blues from the same manufacturer in fact) in the garage.

Blue to the core!! (Daytona content included)

Reactions: Fabulously

Fabulously

Supporter
Certified
13/11/17
Lalaland
Amen Fab! Believe me, I get it!!! Bat-dial is 126719 (blue) DJ dial is Gen (blue) Tona was bought for dial (blue) bought the 126619 broken, for cheap because it had blue and repaired it, I’m wearing all blue and have two blue cars (identical blues from the same manufacturer in fact) in the garage.

Blue to the core!! (Daytona content included)

Awesome! People might call us „boring“ - I say it’s classy :D Here are a couple of mine. Not as nicely photographed as yours…

SORRY FOR THE SPAM - back to the topic right afterwards ;)

HLHWQk.jpeg

HLHexY.jpeg

HLHUWD.jpeg

HLHafo.jpeg

Seadwellermike

Proud RWI Supporter
Banned
Certified
Love the blue sailcloth on the Tud!!

And That blue DD40 with lume markers!? Never seen one like it, they always have Roman numerals or jewels with that color dial. What’s the story!? (pm if we are too far OT)

Still rockin my only non-blue watch tho, it’s been a week + and I’ve only taken it off to clean it. It’s almost so far outside my normal box that it’s perfect, my blue tona hasn’t been worn in a month or more.

I heard someone refer to it as Pikachu, not sure if that’s a thing tho.

Also, the gold tone on the identical BTF I sold maybe 4-5 months ago (after Jim plated it) matches the stock factory BTF tone of this watch. I had intended to send it for plating, and don’t see a need now. Which is odd because the first gold tone on this awful out of the box. Now, it’s wonderful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hasslebank