• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

WindJonah

Known Member
29/11/15
Received my CF V3 earlier today. Really happy with it. Initial thought is that crystal isn't all that bad. I had convinced myself that I needed to change it to a deep crystal but I might give it some time. Anyhow, I need to build up the courage first!

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
Received my CF V3 earlier today. Really happy with it. Initial thought is that crystal isn't all that bad. I had convinced myself that I needed to change it to a deep crystal but I might give it some time. Anyhow, I need to build up the courage first!

What strap and endlink you bought?
For the deep crystal, you wont regret it believe me, it is a must swap, clean crystal is too dark and dull, your dial will pop up after deep crystal
Mine both with deep installed

WindJonah

Known Member
29/11/15
What strap and endlink you bought?
For the deep crystal, you wont regret it believe me, it is a must swap, clean crystal is too dark and dull, your dial will pop up after deep crystal
Mine both with deep installed
I bought Oyserflex strap from Intime (I think a number of TDs have the same strap), and the end links from here on: AliExpress

I agree on the crystal. In certain lights the stock (Clean) crystal gives the dial a dull, almost greenish hue. Whereas images of those that have been changed give the dial a fantastic depth and clarity. My only reservation is destroying the bezel on removal; as I've not done a crystal swap before. It does looks pretty straightforward / easy, based on the brilliant tutorial posted here, and I'd obviously buy a press plus bezel removal tool. It's just plucking up the courage to do it!

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
I bought Oyserflex strap from Intime (I think a number of TDs have the same strap), and the end links from here on: AliExpress

I agree on the crystal. In certain lights the stock (Clean) crystal gives the dial a dull, almost greenish hue. Whereas images of those that have been changed give the dial a fantastic depth and clarity. My only reservation is destroying the bezel on removal; as I've not done a crystal swap before. It does looks pretty straightforward / easy, based on the brilliant tutorial posted here, and I'd obviously buy a press plus bezel removal tool. It's just plucking up the courage to do it!
Why dont just send it to some watchmaker around, they do that with ease

Fabulously

Supporter
Certified
13/11/17
Lalaland

No need to be afraid! I have just recently ordered some cheap equipment from AExpress to swap the ceramic bezel. As a matter of fact this almost certainly means that one has the crystal + gasket attached to the bezel when removing it. Rest assured: the operation was successful after all ;)

WRT end links: I ordered mine together with the OF straps from Ctime. Not sure whether they come from Clean or some place else...

Reactions: WindJonah

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18

How is the oysterflex? Is it nice and rubber feeling? The last one i had was on an arf yachtmaster but it felt very cheap and plastic not rubber. How much did you pay too? Thanks

WindJonah

Known Member
29/11/15
How is the oysterflex? Is it nice and rubber feeling? The last one i had was on an arf yachtmaster but it felt very cheap and plastic not rubber. How much did you pay too? Thanks

I personally love it. It's soft and flexible, and certainly doesn't feel plasticly. The 'fins' on the underside are really soft which makes it extremely comfortable. Another thing I like about it is that it makes the watch feel / wear bigger; because strap maintains a rounded profile.

I bought mine from InTime (link here) but I think most TDs sell them - around $90-100 mark.

Reactions: frankdux1987

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
I personally love it. It's soft and flexible, and certainly doesn't feel plasticly. The 'fins' on the underside are really soft which makes it extremely comfortable. Another thing I like about it is that it makes the watch feel / wear bigger; because strap maintains a rounded profile.

I bought mine from InTime (link here) but I think most TDs sell them - around $90-100 mark.
Thanks mate appreciate it

Fabulously

Supporter
Certified
13/11/17
Lalaland
H2YATv.jpeg