• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Sorry to hear dude!
It was a lot of money down the drain. Cost of dial (which I think you know) plus cost of install (shop won’t refund or credit since they couldn’t guarantee the work from the beginning since they knew both the Watch and dial are not gen but I took the chance anyway).

daytonadude

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
11/2/23
CONUS
I’m honestly surprised they aren’t even giving you a credit. They probably didn’t get very far with the installation before cracking it. Least they could do is refund for the service they badly performed?

tt88

㊙️ Time does not wait ㊙️
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
15/9/12
Village, of course
HetMiI.jpeg

Hasslebank

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum

Absolutely heartbroken about this dial. It was left with a local watchsmith for installation. Got a call this morning saying he couldn’t install it. I figured, okay, let’s see what’s up.

I arrived to the shop and he tells me the dial cracked while he was handling it. WTF!?!?!???? I was so looking forward to this build. This dial is something else! The way it plays with light is absolutely insane.

I immediately messaged JJ to let him know about my woes just to vent. He was also heartbroken to see his work of art ruined. So he offered me a deal on a replacement which was totally unnecessary on his behalf.

He did successfully install the MOP dial but the chrono seconds hand was misaligned so he’s fixing that. Picking it up tomorrow.
what a sad story and a counterselected ws... It was a beauty of a dial.
JJ is a true gentleman, huge respect and hats off for fully supporting you in this shitshow.
Fingers crossed for chapter II

Reactions: aHero