• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona 116500 Black Dial Clean V3 v's Gen Comparison & Top 10 QC Guide ?

SimSam

Getting To Know The Place
18/7/23
UK
As a newbie, who's doing some research and looking to pull the trigger on a Clean V3 Daytona Black Dial, I was wondering if anyone has done a comprehensive comparison of Clean V3 v's Gen?

This an excellent one done for a different manufacturer APS by a TD (Steve_One Watches):-

Top 10 Things to look for on QC?
Has anyone created a Top Ten list of things to look for when inspecting QC photos?

I would appreciate any links or advice with the above :unsure:

Tompa

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
You dont need a top 10 list of things, internet is full of black dial daytonas so just look at your QC pic and compere against gen pictures on internet or read everything you can find on clean v3 here on rwi, i know there is a thread for that relese with 1k+ post in it :)

Reactions: TESLA760 and aHero

SimSam

18/7/23
UK
You dont need a top 10 list of things, internet is full of black dial daytonas so just look at your QC pic and compere against gen pictures on internet or read everything you can find on clean v3 here on rwi, i know there is a thread for that relese with 1k+ post in it :)
Thanks, I realise there are lots of pics out there. As I mentioned in my OP, a TD has done a comprehensive comparison against another manufacturer (which is really helpful) so, was looking to see if anyone has done one for Clean V3?

Also, with with QC photos I understand some will show how the watch is running? The reason for asking for a Top 10 list is cover things like what parameters to look for?

As someone who’s new to reps, I’m just trying to build up my knowledge?

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
Here’s a thread of the CF V3 Daytona in general

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Thanks, I realise there are lots of pics out there. As I mentioned in my OP, a TD has done a comprehensive comparison against another manufacturer (which is really helpful) so, was looking to see if anyone has done one for Clean V3?

Also, with with QC photos I understand some will show how the watch is running? The reason for asking for a Top 10 list is cover things like what parameters to look for?

As someone who’s new to reps, I’m just trying to build up my knowledge?
You’re looking for the shortcut. There isn’t one (well, there’s the NWBIG and “best of” lists). Read. Study. Read some more. There’s a wealth of information here. Too many watches and too many updates/versions to put into the concise list you’re looking for.

Don’t be in a rush. Take your time. Read. Participate in conversations/threads. Learn from those before you.

It’s all there. You just have to be willing to put in the time and effort to learn.

SimSam

18/7/23
UK
You’re looking for the shortcut. There isn’t one (well, there’s the NWBIG and “best of” lists). Read. Study. Read some more. There’s a wealth of information here. Too many watches and too many updates/versions to put into the concise list you’re looking for.

Don’t be in a rush. Take your time. Read. Participate in conversations/threads. Learn from those before you.

It’s all there. You just have to be willing to put in the time and effort to learn.
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate theres a wealth of information out there and I’m wading through it. It’s not about taking short cuts but, trying obtain a guidance of the key points. I’ve noticed that some people (including newbies like myself) ask the same or similar questions. A comprehensive comparison for the particular watch and manufacturer would be helpful. Whilst the TD had done this for another manufacturer my request was to see if one had been done for Clean factory version?

Also, being new the QC process, I was looking to see if Top 10 list exists or FAQS?

Again, it’s not about short cuts but looking for guidance on further reading and research. For someone that is new to Reps but not new to Gens, navigating through the forums can be daunting, hence the question regarding if a specific model comparison exists and QC guidance?

I hope that helps to clarify my reasons for the posting.

Reactions: engbanna1

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
@SimSam Have a read of these posts:

They tell you all you need to know about the purpose of QC, and thus why there is no Top 10 of what to look out for when you get your QC.

Reactions: TESLA760 and SimSam

SimSam

18/7/23
UK
@SimSam Have a read of these posts:

They tell you all you need to know about the purpose of QC, and thus why there is no Top 10 of what to look out for when you get your QC.
Thanks will do

Fabulously

Supporter
Certified
13/11/17
Lalaland
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate theres a wealth of information out there and I’m wading through it. It’s not about taking short cuts but, trying obtain a guidance of the key points. I’ve noticed that some people (including newbies like myself) ask the same or similar questions. A comprehensive comparison for the particular watch and manufacturer would be helpful. Whilst the TD had done this for another manufacturer my request was to see if one had been done for Clean factory version?

Also, being new the QC process, I was looking to see if Top 10 list exists or FAQS?

Again, it’s not about short cuts but looking for guidance on further reading and research. For someone that is new to Reps but not new to Gens, navigating through the forums can be daunting, hence the question regarding if a specific model comparison exists and QC guidance?

I hope that helps to clarify my reasons for the posting.

You may have already seen this:

What you are looking for is very similar...

SimSam

18/7/23
UK
You may have already seen this:

What you are looking for is very similar...
Thanks, I have seen it. However, I was looking to see if a V3 comparison had been done. From what a I’ve gleaned on the specific thread is that some changes were made from V2 to V3 however, some issues with the coronet and markers. I’m ploughing through all the information.

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
Thanks, I have seen it. However, I was looking to see if a V3 comparison had been done. From what a I’ve gleaned on the specific thread is that some changes were made from V2 to V3 however, some issues with the coronet and markers. I’m ploughing through all the information.
This is the rep world and you'll soon understand a very important thing: As soon as a V3 comparison is done, there may possibly be a V4, V5, V6, etc... Or possibly an entirely new factory making their own version. Which is why it's in your best interest to read the threads and learn from the wealth of information that's available to our members, because you the more you know, the better your decisions will be. This applies to all aspects of life. 💪🙏

Reactions: SimSam

Fabulously

Supporter
Certified
13/11/17
Lalaland

I have to admit: I don't know what exactly I am currently looking at! But my new CF Daytona just arrived last Saturday and therefore it might very well be a v3. From what I have been reading, I have been expecting a black hole coronet on an otherwise high-end looking dial.

When comparing it side-by-side with a gen 116500, a couple of things stand out:
  • The coronet is spot on - no difference really CF vs. gen
  • The sub dial rings are not as vivid on the CF
  • The sub dial rings still have the wrong structure when it comes to the concentric rings
  • The numbers on the bezel are much more vivid and vibrant on the gen

Apologies for the bad lighting and the photo quality. I had to work with what I have: an iPhone and my balcony ;)

HKUePs.jpeg

HKU2gn.jpeg

HKUh4E.jpeg

HKUK12.jpeg

HKULo3.jpeg

For my eyes, the differences are minimal - but you can identify the CF when you know what to look for!

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
That coronet hole looks better! Seems like it varies by batch.

Reactions: Fabulously

Engelmatch

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
6/12/18
thanks for the comparaison @Fabulously
The crystal tint and the insert numbers coulours are indeed slightly different, however CF did a great job. You really have to put them side by side to see it.

Fabulously

Supporter
Certified
13/11/17
Lalaland
thanks for the comparaison @Fabulously
The crystal tint and the insert numbers coulours are indeed slightly different, however CF did a great job. You really have to put them side by side to see it.

Fully agree - the most obvious one is definitely the color of the bezel engravings. And I have to say that this surprises me as I read that the Clean bezel is supposed to be on the better side of things.

For all the rest you wouldn't be able to tell easily.

Fabulously

Supporter
Certified
13/11/17
Lalaland
Fully agree - the most obvious one is definitely the color of the bezel engravings. And I have to say that this surprises me as I read that the Clean bezel is supposed to be on the better side of things.

For all the rest you wouldn't be able to tell easily.

BTW: I just noticed something strange. Together with my new CF 116500 I ordered a spare CF bezel. This additional bezel has a much better lettering with crisper colors vs. the one already installed. I swapped it out last night and now the difference between Gen and CF is barely visible with the naked eye…

Reactions: SimSam