• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona 116500 Black Dial Clean V3 v's Gen Comparison & Top 10 QC Guide ?

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
BTW: I just noticed something strange. Together with my new CF 116500 I ordered a spare CF bezel. This additional bezel has a much better lettering with crisper colors vs. the one already installed. I swapped it out last night and now the difference between Gen and CF is barely visible with the naked eye…
Try to wash your old bezel with mild soap and ultra soft toothbrush and you will see the magic, all bezel engravings starting to darken with using, washing making it brighter and like new

Fabulously

Supporter
Certified
13/11/17
Lalaland
Try to wash your old bezel with mild soap and ultra soft toothbrush and you will see the magic, all bezel engravings starting to darken with using, washing making it brighter and like new

Thanks - but the „old“ one virtually arrived here 1 week ago ;) So I assume it really is a difference in the color used. The additional spare bezel also came directly from Clean and it seems to be different in that regard.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Thanks - but the „old“ one virtually arrived here 1 week ago ;) So I assume it really is a difference in the color used. The additional spare bezel also came directly from Clean and it seems to be different in that regard.
Rep tolerances vary batch to batch would be my explanation.

Engelmatch

Known Member
Gold Patron
Certified
6/12/18
BTW: I just noticed something strange. Together with my new CF 116500 I ordered a spare CF bezel. This additional bezel has a much better lettering with crisper colors vs. the one already installed. I swapped it out last night and now the difference between Gen and CF is barely visible with the naked eye…
Would you mind sharing a picture ?

SimSam

Getting To Know The Place
18/7/23
UK
I have to admit: I don't know what exactly I am currently looking at! But my new CF Daytona just arrived last Saturday and therefore it might very well be a v3. From what I have been reading, I have been expecting a black hole coronet on an otherwise high-end looking dial.

When comparing it side-by-side with a gen 116500, a couple of things stand out:
  • The coronet is spot on - no difference really CF vs. gen
  • The sub dial rings are not as vivid on the CF
  • The sub dial rings still have the wrong structure when it comes to the concentric rings
  • The numbers on the bezel are much more vivid and vibrant on the gen

Apologies for the bad lighting and the photo quality. I had to work with what I have: an iPhone and my balcony ;)

HKUePs.jpeg

HKU2gn.jpeg

HKUh4E.jpeg

HKUK12.jpeg

HKULo3.jpeg

For my eyes, the differences are minimal - but you can identify the CF when you know what to look for!
Thanks for this comparison between the CF V3 and Gen this is really helpful.

As you’ve swapped out the bezel for the spare (brighter one) Any chance you can post a couple more comparison photos to show the difference?

Reactions: frankdux1987

Fabulously

Supporter
Certified
13/11/17
Lalaland
Thanks for this comparison between the CF V3 and Gen this is really helpful.

As you’ve swapped out the bezel for the spare (brighter one) Any chance you can post a couple more comparison photos to show the difference?

Might do so as soon as I find time...

Planetdanny

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
5/4/23
Rotterdam Netherlands
As a newbie, who's doing some research and looking to pull the trigger on a Clean V3 Daytona Black Dial, I was wondering if anyone has done a comprehensive comparison of Clean V3 v's Gen?

This an excellent one done for a different manufacturer APS by a TD (Steve_One Watches):-

Top 10 Things to look for on QC?
Has anyone created a Top Ten list of things to look for when inspecting QC photos?

I would appreciate any links or advice with the above :unsure:
Just buy the clean Daytona
You won’t regret it

Reactions: SimSam

SimSam

18/7/23
UK
Just buy the clean Daytona
You won’t regret it
Thanks, I intend on doing. I’m currently travelling so, will order when I’m back. In the meantime, I’m researching any mods that will enhance the watch even further? It seems some people have changed the crystal and pushers?

Tompa

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Thanks, I intend on doing. I’m currently travelling so, will order when I’m back. In the meantime, I’m researching any mods that will enhance the watch even further? It seems some people have changed the crystal and pushers?
Yes on the first versions pushers was to long and crystal not so clear/some Blue tint in it. But last version is perfect. Just buy it and enjoy it as is :)

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪
As a newbie, who's doing some research and looking to pull the trigger on a Clean V3 Daytona Black Dial, I was wondering if anyone has done a comprehensive comparison of Clean V3 v's Gen?

This an excellent one done for a different manufacturer APS by a TD (Steve_One Watches):-

Top 10 Things to look for on QC?
Has anyone created a Top Ten list of things to look for when inspecting QC photos?

I would appreciate any links or advice with the above :unsure:
Here is the 116500 black dial: https://forum.replica-watch.info/th...noob-clean-v2-bt-v2-full-comparison.10779291/

Ladidadi

Supporter
Certified
20/1/23
USA
So I'm VERY curious as to how the new Clean bezel looks in comparison to the old bezel - and also how to ensure you get that NEw, brighter bezel when attempting to procure a CF bezel.

@Fabulously got some pics to share?

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪
So I'm VERY curious as to how the new Clean bezel looks in comparison to the old bezel - and also how to ensure you get that NEw, brighter bezel when attempting to procure a CF bezel.

@Fabulously got some pics to share?
Read the link I provided right above your reply. It contained Noob, BT, and Clean with very detailed comparisons.

Ladidadi

Supporter
Certified
20/1/23
USA
Yep, I've seen that in the past.

That's one example of each, however, and this thread is postulating that the Clean Factory version has updated bezels - which introduces variations from within a factory.

This is why I'm interested in seeing the old CF bezel vs the new CF bezel. And perhaps info on how to ensure I'm getting a new version bezel if I attempt to source.

Reactions: masterpiece777

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪
Yep, I've seen that in the past.

That's one example of each, however, and this thread is postulating that the Clean Factory version has updated bezels - which introduces variations from within a factory.

This is why I'm interested in seeing the old CF bezel vs the new CF bezel. And perhaps info on how to ensure I'm getting a new version bezel if I attempt to source.
No, it is not. Clean hasn't updated the bezel. It is just different printing tolerations within batches. And if you really take a look seriously, you will find out that the Clean V3 bezel is good enough. I have bought one and shown it to many people. Guess what? no one can tell it is a rep.

Ladidadi

Supporter
Certified
20/1/23
USA
It is just different printing tolerations within batches.
So if I wanted to get the brighter version, I'd simply just need to ensure that I RL anything that's too dark, by eye?

I currently have a CF bezel and dial on a Noob Godzilla build. The dial is great, but I personally feel that the bezel's gray is too dark. Alright looking in sunlight but honestly doesn't hold a candle to gen. Looking to update it - only solution I've found besides gen is sending it off to someone outside CONUS to sputter coat the bezel engravings with platinum. Looking for other options, and thus I'm here.

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪
So if I wanted to get the brighter version, I'd simply just need to ensure that I RL anything that's too dark, by eye?

I currently have a CF bezel and dial on a Noob Godzilla build. The dial is great, but I personally feel that the bezel's gray is too dark. Alright looking in sunlight but honestly doesn't hold a candle to gen. Looking to update it - only solution I've found besides gen is sending it off to someone outside CONUS to sputter coat the bezel engravings with platinum. Looking for other options, and thus I'm here.
I think it is better if you can communicate with your TD first before you buy anything, not to mention RL - considering you are requesting something from an uncontrollable outcome. Secondly, please kindly remember any photos you see here or somewhere else on the internet, they are magnified 10x or even more, in real life, you can't tell if the bezel spells correctly in a 4-foot distance.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I’ve had about 10-12 CF bezels in hand over the last couple year, and they variate in brightness (platinum filling)

The ones I’ve used in my latest build has a very minimal d to my gen panda. IMO it was not worth going gen on that part. (Link to build in my signature)

Reactions: Fabulously

hwnn42

2/12/23
Something on the same vein: I just pulled the trigger on a CFv3 from TOW, the watch looked good to me so I gave the go ahead on QC, but there was one detail that was bugging me: the clasp engraving had the "STEEL INOX" error that from what I've read was pretty common a while back but is now fixed. When I asked TOW if I could order one of the individual clasps they sell (that have the right engraving) I was told those come from CF too...

Seems that for whatever reason fully assembled watches from CF might end up with lower quality/older parts on occasion.

• Wow
Reactions: Fabulously

engbanna1

Gens are replicas of first prototypes
29/5/23
KSA
Hello, can anyone tell if these serial ninja come from clean? I am buying 2 CF V3 116500 black dial