• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Date Just II 41mm Blue Stick Dial (noob factory) Review and Tear Down

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
the date on mine isnt sunken...

the date window is slightly too small and it sits a little to the left but def not sunken.

ive only seen sunken date wheels on reps with 7750s in them.

and no clue if itll take a gen dial.

egroegart

1/7/13
yes, I haven't seen any with a sunken datewheel. Mine certainly wasn't sunken and I've never heard of anyone else's being sunken. Maybe you are thinking of another watch.

yodog

Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
Just picked up recently a gen DJII blue stick with fluted, and have a noob version also. The one thing people are not mentioning in this thread is how the fluted bezel looks in person. The gen is white gold, in the light it is WAY MORE SHINY like a freaking disco ball. The rep is just stainless steel. HUGE difference imho. Side by side in person the gens quality (obviously) shows through.

JoeyT

11/8/14
God damn why did I have to see this write up!!!! Now I want one. This addiction is getting bad haha

JoeyT

11/8/14
Great write up bud, thanks for taking the time to do this for us.

Doright

Renowned Member
3/8/13
Just picked up recently a gen DJII blue stick with fluted, and have a noob version also. The one thing people are not mentioning in this thread is how the fluted bezel looks in person. The gen is white gold, in the light it is WAY MORE SHINY like a freaking disco ball. The rep is just stainless steel. HUGE difference imho. Side by side in person the gens quality (obviously) shows through.

Would love to see some side-by-side pictures of Gen and Rep.
I have the Gen Datejust II on my radar. May get the rep and wear it a while to see how I like it.

BTW - great write up Alex!!

FoboS

Horology Curious
9/2/15
Great review very informative I'm in my Pam stage right now but defiantly this one is coming up!

ace28

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/14
ezumu7a4.jpg

This has become my favorite and I have a gen dial and crystal on the way

Hey Lefty! did you manage to source the gen dial and crystal? was it an easy fit? I may be able to get a gen crystal and just wanted to find out if a watchmaker can fit it easily!

Wonderful review by the way, forced my hand into buying this watch, don't regret it one bit! want to change the crystal tho, the cyclops is just sad..

mwjh

Horology Curious
22/1/15
here a rep and a gen Datejust II, left is rep (Noob) Bezel is fatter and sharper,

DJII%20gen%20vs%20rep%20noob_zpsgnvkgsbl.jpg
[/IMG]

KingTT

Known Member
2/4/15
Thanks so much for this review!!! The detail is amazing I have a BP DJ2 but after this review of the noob version in not sure if I made the right decision... At the time my research showed me that the better version was BP. Is this still the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Thanks so much for this review!!! The detail is amazing I have a BP DJ2 but after this review of the noob version in not sure if I made the right decision... At the time my research showed me that the better version was BP. Is this still the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, BP has a better bezel and dial IMHO.

wwicka100

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
16/10/15
i have been wanting to buy one of these for a long time, but the 18k fluted bezel might not have the reflection the gen has, and thats honestly what is the best thing about this watch imo

jonathanw

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/15
Thank you for this review, though it has some years its still very applicable and valid. It provided much value for me, thanks again.