• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Damn you foreigners!

panermaniac

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
25/5/12
China
I personally like the small to big way of writing dates. I also like the Asian way of writing addresses, which is big to small. You start with the country and work in. Kinda like zooming in on Google Earth.

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
Today is December 3rd, 2014....NOT March 12th, 2014.

that is all.

:d

Yes. It really makes sense to use a month-day-year format. It is so logical. Like Fahrenheit, miles, gallons, and practically everything else of those ancient, outdated units, that should have been overcome for decades. Go metric or bust :neener:

In fact you will find that the japanese format year-month-day is becoming more popular. It makes sorting much easier.

Re POFEX: A bit of creative thinking might give you a clue.

Chavezzito

24/1/12
Man it must be hard getting fooled to think it is March in December :biggrin-new:

Ishmael

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/3/14
Holy f u c k this thread is weird.

Dingwhore: :wave:

Shortcut to Postwhore: :deadhorse:

Rackin up them postcounts: :frusty:

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Man it must be hard getting fooled to think it is March in December :biggrin-new:
I know Chav but we should have made allowances. After all, Americans are ignorant of anything outside their own shores so the rest of the world should have made way for the minority since we have a far better chance of grasping the concept of mm/dd/yy than they do of a logical dd/mm/yy and Ding being from the South is even more isolated.

After all, six in 10 young American adults can't locate Iraq on a map. Hell, half couldn't find Mississippi!* They can't spell either, colour and catalogue have a "U" guys . . .

*Don't believe me? Read this and be worried for your younglings: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/roper2006/pdf/FINALReport2006GeogLitsurvey.pdf

Chavezzito

24/1/12
I know Chav but we should have made allowances. After all, Americans are ignorant of anything outside their own shores so the rest of the world should have made way for the minority since we have a far better chance of grasping the concept of mm/dd/yy than they do of a logical dd/mm/yy and Ding being from the South is even more isolated.

After all, six in 10 young American adults can't locate Iraq on a map. Hell, half couldn't find Mississippi!* They can't spell either, colour and catalogue have a "U" guys . . .

*Don't believe me? Read this and be worried for your younglings: http://www.nationalgeographic.com/roper2006/pdf/FINALReport2006GeogLitsurvey.pdf

Lost cause...they need our help...although I just learned by reading this thread that I use the Japanese system yyyy/mm/dd...new to me :thumbsup:

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
I'm german. I'm always a foreigner :thinking:

Heya Chav :wave:

Nikoteen

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/12
I say you lot all have too much time on your hands and therefore you certainly don't need all of those watches.....so i have an idea....send them all to me :)
NikO'Teen
Thursday 4th December 2014 10:38am GMT

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
They can't spell either, colour and catalogue have a "U" guys . . .

What do you expect from a country that needs bees to spell
rofl.gif

However, I do not condone this rather obvious floccinaucinihilipilification of our culture when I look at the title "Damn you foreigners!".