• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

oz02

Horology Curious
29/5/22
Sydney, Australia
Apologies if it's been asked before (or if it's a dumb question lmao), but I couldn't find any info. When it comes to determining NWBIG, how big of a factor is aesthetics as opposed to the actual movement. e.g. for the Seamaster Diver, what classification would it come under in the NWBIG categories if it looked gen but was unidirectional winding as opposed to bidirectional?

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Didn't their use to be a rose logo Tudor BB on the list?
Yep at the bottom to tell you not to buy as it's not considered NWBIG due to dial . I was always surprised they didn't update dial , as the original gen BB had an ETA movement as does the rep.

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
Apologies if it's been asked before (or if it's a dumb question lmao), but I couldn't find any info. When it comes to determining NWBIG, how big of a factor is aesthetics as opposed to the actual movement. e.g. for the Seamaster Diver, what classification would it come under in the NWBIG categories if it looked gen but was unidirectional winding as opposed to bidirectional?
I think that’s a good question, unlike the other guy who asked where to buy them . I’m guessing here but it would be asthetics first, then movement functioning as original, the weight all the fine details, I believe the movement would have to function as original and resemble it, reason why most of these watches have minimal complications. More complications more money

Last edited:

mac427

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/23
texas
Clean Rolex Pepsi is remarkable to my eye and it's very accurate as it is running plus one second a day on my wrist.

Reactions: joeyc

Die

Looking Around
18/2/23
USA
*New to this* I notice there’s not many Patek’s on this list. Is that because not many factories replicate them or because the replicas that do exist just aren’t up to snuff? I’m mainly looking for a 5711 style.

Patj44

Nice guy
Supporter
Certified
10/11/22
*New to this* I notice there’s not many Patek’s on this list. Is that because not many factories replicate them or because the replicas that do exist just aren’t up to snuff? I’m mainly looking for a 5711 style.
The list seems to omit a watch with a display back.

Patj44

Nice guy
Supporter
Certified
10/11/22
The list seems to omit a watch with a display back.
Most Patek’s have a display or exposed movement. They want the buyer to see how finished the movement is . No rep is going to equal the movement finish. The rep movement finish will look very good until you look at it with a loupe.

Reactions: YellowGAB2100

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
Hes right, the better the Finish, the more complications the near imposible it is to replicate. Which is why you don’t see patek much or grand seiko, or vacheron, most ap’s are off. You do however see alot of Rolex’s and Panerai, given their more popular- their less complicated so it’s a win win for rep makers, take a Rolex gmt, it’ll function as original and Be 95% corect like the worst thing taht would be off would be a bezel color or datewheel font. Rolex didn’t even use in-house movements until the mid 90s I believe. Not a watchmaker so feel free to correct me :)

Reactions: Rav944

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Rolex didn’t even use in-house movements until the mid 90s I believe.
Tchnically, until 2004 when rolex bought 100% of Aegler movement manufacturer. But rolex had had big stakes in the company as far back as 1919. Nevertheless, some of Rolex most famous models were powered by reworked outsourced movements, one of the most famous examples being the Zenith El Primero movement in the late 80's Daytona.

locvs

7/12/20
Germany
It’s been updated a few weeks ago. There weren’t any new models released in that time and not enough time to judge on some of the improved ones. However there aren’t any contenders as of late.

Reactions: subara and Nickyan

Skeldj

26/5/18
Hello ladies and gents. i am looking for the 114300 904L SS/SS Grape ARF but apparently no TD have (meaning that the factory is no more making it?)

do you know if there is another model that accurate?
I have buyed other replicas before... first time picking a watch with this shortage issue..

regards

Skeld

Reactions: Mr.Paneristi

Titouno

21/8/22
YOU ASKED FOR IT.

HERE IT IS.

Thank you for the updated list!! #notallheroswearcape
looking to pick a Panari watch from the list, but most of the watches you listed has three digits and most of the pan watches on TD website (jtime) has four digit. Am I correct to just at 1 in front of your PAM ref numbers?

Titouno

21/8/22
Thank you for the updated list!! #notallheroswearcape
looking to pick a Panari watch from the list, but most of the watches you listed are from NOOB and most TD cant source them anymore, do you have any thought on PAM177 and PAM1312 from VSF ?