• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Oh I did not know this. Thanks for sharing this information. Just out of interest: Do you know the name of the brand?

Obviously i know the brand or i wouldn't have mentioned a Rolex Homage brand in my post . It's pretty 'well known open guarded secret' ( that's obviously an oxymoron ) to older members and people who like watches (rep/gen ) in general . I just wasn't sure whether to post again on the open forum .It isn't really a rumour i believe TC is involved with a legitimate brand now , one that watch guys and vlogs /watch publications review , champion and recommend . They are apparently great watches and not cheap ( relatively ) either . It's:D really from faker to maker :matty:.I have PM'd you the magic word .

Time_Wizard

Renowned Member
17/3/20
Central Europe
Obviously i know the brand or i wouldn't have mentioned a Rolex Homage brand in my post . It's pretty 'well known open guarded secret' ( that's obviously an oxymoron ) to older members and people who like watches (rep/gen ) in general . I just wasn't sure whether to post again on the open forum .It isn't really a rumour i believe TC is involved with a legitimate brand now , one that watch guys and vlogs /watch publications review , champion and recommend . They are apparently great watches and not cheap ( relatively ) either . It's:D really from faker to maker :matty:.I have PM'd you the magic word .

I haven't gotten any PM but I did my own research in the meantime and found the company he is supposedly running now.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
I haven't gotten any PM but I did my own research in the meantime and found the company he is supposedly running now.

Yep sorry i had forgotten i had turned off PM's in my user settings months back . To avoid Pm's off mentals , mainly a strange numpty sending me incoherrent drunken messages , long story short , but amongst other things he was head of a nationwide wide crime syndicate :D They became a nuisance . I had also forgotten how to turn them back on again lol . I have sent the name for clarification then they are back off . The annoying mental count is high on here :D

Last edited:

Sanister

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/7/21
US
Well, ordered the Blue Navitimer with SS bracelet since that had the most dial info I could find. Now the whole wait game begins. Many thanks to Time_Wizard and others who gave insight. Cheers.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Really think the seconds hand colour is on super rep level?

I do, because unless you have a generator in hand, and a neutral light to compare the two, how can you tell? It's impossible without a reference.

Also, this is a consensus list, and after discussion with people who know the model well, the consensus decided that they were worthy of Super Reps status.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ecender

Marklar

Horology Curious
16/3/19
I do, because unless you have a generator in hand, and a neutral light to compare the two, how can you tell? It's impossible without a reference.

Also, this is a consensus list, and after discussion with people who know the model well, the consensus decided that they were worthy of Super Reps status.

Thanks a lot for the feedback Omagad! didn't want to challenge, but as an Air-King lover wanted some reassurance :) might pull the trigger

Mr Luxe

Blue Horseshoe Loves Anacott Steel
9/3/21
North America
LIST UPDATE: Patek Philippe Calatrava 5296G SS ZF White Dial/Blue Hands added to First Class++ (SUPER REP ON THE WRIST)

Good to know, thank you. I think the 5296RG from ZF (both Standard and Sector dials) should be considered as well. I believe the standard dial is already on the list.
Also, the 5227J Calatrava from ZF is very well done. I own the gen and it is very difficult to distinguish between the two of them,. Especially on the wrist where there is little to no difference.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Good to know, thank you. I think the 5296RG from ZF (both Standard and Sector dials) should be considered as well. I believe the standard dial is already on the list.
Also, the 5227J Calatrava from ZF is very well done. I own the gen and it is very difficult to distinguish between the two of them,. Especially on the wrist where there is little to no difference.

Hey mate, thanks for the input.

Can you tell me more about the 5227J? It's interesting. Regarding the other ones, I'm looking at it, need more feedback

rankiba

Renowned Member
26/4/13

Hey buddy I'm considering the 5227j, I was worried about the cream coloured dial is off, would you be kind enough to post your gen vs ZF 5227j or some sort of review? Thanks.

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠

I would love to see a review or some comparison pictures as others have mentioned. I love the 5227 and the officers caseback. I recall the dial being a little off and the thickness being a bit thicker than the gen. However would prefer to hear your thoughts :)

Mr Luxe

Blue Horseshoe Loves Anacott Steel
9/3/21
North America
Hey buddy I'm considering the 5227j, I was worried about the cream coloured dial is off, would you be kind enough to post your gen vs ZF 5227j or some sort of review? Thanks.

Thanks gents... I will post a few pics tomorrow of the rep and gen and let you decide which one you think is ZF rep and gen. The photos don't do this one justice though, and you will need to compare both in person if possible to form your own opinion. I will say however, that the watch dial takes on a completely different look/shade depending on the color of strap you wear (both with the ZF and the Gen). As for weight, obviously the rep weighs less than the gen (steel vs actual gold). Measurements are close but not exact, and VERY little difference with presence on the wrist.