• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

mordret

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Austria
isn't the crown tube length still wrong on these?

As far as I understood from the BB58 thread the crown tube should be nearly perfect on the V2. It seems to be more a QC issue, some have the long tube, some haven't.
So I think it should make it to the FIRST CLASS NWBIG list...

Last edited:

Oklajomas

Horology Curious
9/12/19
Guys planning to buy 114300 black or white dial since grape and grey got more obvious circle in crown , which one(black or white) is better?Or i should buy Rolex Explorer (214270) SH3135 V2 (JF) ?Cant find any info on forum

Last edited:

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Guys planning to buy 114300 black or white dial since grape and grey got more obvious circle in crown , which one(black or white) is better?Or i should buy Rolex Explorer (214270) SH3135 V2 (JF) ?Cant find any info on forum

The black and white dials have an obvious dial print flaw ! The gap between 'Rolex' and 'Oyster perpetual ' , far too wide , instant it's a fake tell .

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan2018

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
;n5341030 said:
Hi, thanks - glad to confirm. This refers to the TAG Heuer Aquaracer Chronograph Quartz Grande Date, gen reference CAF101F.BA0821
The white and black versions are in the super-rep category imho, it´s a quartz with the similar Ronda quartz movement and functions as the gen.

Mine was from Supermirrors, Intime-link for reference: https://www.intime01.co/tag-heuer/1...s-white-dial-on-ss-bracelet-swiss-ronda-.html
Some additional info and quick pics with some dustspecks below.
Designed and developed by professional divers, this Aquaracer watch represents TAG Heuer's historical dedication to scuba diving and extreme sports.

hxicsAx.jpg

Weight: 175 grams including bracelet (some links removed)
Case: 43mm without crown
Dial: 31 mm
Thickness: 12,06 mm exactly

Accuracy: +/- 2 seconds per month, not measurable 0,064 secs per day. It´s a grab&go, I set the time twice a Year when it´s Summer/Wintertime.

Quality/feel: Impressive, apart from the AP V5 Diver it’s the best overall quality I found in a rep. meaning Chronopushers, stem, time-setting, screw-in crown working smooth and precise as a gen. Not only looks but also feels like the gen which is great; crown and pushers come with gaskets.

Bezel: It´s a 60 minute rotating bezel, 2 clicks per minute. Sits tight and well, rotates easily, precisely and fast with somewhat loud clicks. Got a luminous pearl at 12´ together with the marker at 12´ it’s a nice nighttime effect for locating the 12´position;

Lume: Best overall lume in a quartz-rep;

Chrono: Use it as much as You want or need, it won´t break. The main second hand is locked at the 12´ position unless You use the chrono. This is a perfect feature because You don´t have a big ticking hand to look at, this was one of the reasons to buy it quartz in the first place. The running seconds tick visibly at 3´ position if You look direct at the subdial. If the eyes are looking either to the big date at 12´or the 6´encircled subdial You can´t tell. The minute counter scaled to 30 is at the 9´position.
Best chrono feature: Sweeping (!) 1/10 seconds are displayed at the 6´position. This hand sweeps flawlessly (no ticking) very fast measuring 1/10 seconds for the first minute. After the first minute it stops sweeping and starts measuring the hours elapsed – up to 12 hrs counter.

Date: Big date display in 2 windows – one for each datewheel - at 12´, nice feature, perfect visibility

Caseback: Nice, crisp and deep engravings with very high quality of the divers helmet
YUM5FlP.jpg

Bracelet: comes with a double deployant clasp and easy to use (just push open) divers extension. It has 3 working positions for micro-adjustment on the clasp (with tool).
APn4z8X.jpg

Small ticking seconds at three and a best chrono feature: Sweeping (!) 1/10 seconds are displayed at the 6´position. This hand sweeps flawlessly (no ticking) very fast measuring 1/10 seconds for the first minute. After the first minute it stops sweeping and starts measuring the hours elapsed – up to 12 hrs counter.

CnS1saV.jpg

0f2pmCA.jpg

anbmWD4.jpg

Finally had to change the battery in mine. Confirmed it's a Ronda 5040.b movement in there. It's a phenomenal piece, scary close to genuine. Only fault I can offer is I feel the lume is a bit weak, but I haven't see the genuine lume in person. Also, I picked up a genuine bracelet as I felt the rep bracelet was a bit rough on the edges. Mine passed 3 ATM pressure test and I've swam with it many times. This is my backup travel watch. I've seen some complain about the lack of AR coating, but in pictures of the Genuine, I see similar light reflectivity so I'm unsure if the genuine has any AR either. Highly recommended.
Uz51Q.jpg

UzeHS.jpg

zy1CY.jpg

dantm2000

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/12/19
Hello -- for those that have experience with the Hublot Big Bang, I see the SS version is listed here as a super rep but what about the Ceramic-bezel Rose Gold (RG) version of the same watch? I've always loved the BB in Rose Gold with the black ceramic bezel and wonder if it's the same level as the SS?

dantm2000

8/12/19
Would the new NOOB 4130-based Daytonas such as the 116500 belong on this list now that the entire chrono movement has been replicated?

immortalchef

10/3/19
Ontario, Canada
Would the new NOOB 4130-based Daytonas such as the 116500 belong on this list now that the entire chrono movement has been replicated?

The Noob daytona still has a lot of flaws to be classed a super rep. Inconsistent sub dial sizes, some get QC for thick sub dials, some thin. The rolex coronet is just wrong on Noob, dial on ARF is far better. The black daytona has too shiny subdials. The bracelet doesn't feel great, SELs have rounded corners, the platinum in the bezel is dull (CF Bezel helps with this). The list probably goes on. The precious metal Daytona reps have their own list of flaws.

Reactions: dantm2000

chocman02

8/12/19
Surely the Sedna Gold variants of the VSF V2 Seamaster Professional 300m are ready for promotion on the list? There have been several excellent threads comparing to gen..only differences being lack of coaxial escapement on caseback view and non liquidmetal (but still exceptionally gen like) bezel insert.

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
Surely the Sedna Gold variants of the VSF V2 Seamaster Professional 300m are ready for promotion on the list? There have been several excellent threads comparing to gen..only differences being lack of coaxial escapement on caseback view and non liquidmetal (but still exceptionally gen like) bezel insert.

Agreed! And the insert is accurate (as discussed in the thread)

Reactions: kennygconspiracy

RollieX

Horology Curious
15/10/19
Is the Rolex Explorer SH3135 V2 (JF) a ‘ticking timebomb’ with its 3135 gmt mvm’t ?

Can this be fixed or looked after in any certain way? Or is it better to stick to A2836 movement for the explorer 2?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI