• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[CONSENSUAL LIST] Super Reps NWBIGs

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Why is that ? What are pros / cons of each ?

Unless you can give me the exact list with your conclusion, there's no point saying that.

Let me know please, I really want this list to be as accurate as possible. :)

Because as far as I know, the bezel insert and the bracelet are better on the ARF but on all the rest, noob wins.

Well, you can add consistency, and recessed SEL to the ARF for a start.

I thought you were curating the list? The information is available - Tigerdragon and OCCB2 have both said the same and they know a lot more about it than me. Just seemed very odd that you discounted a watch and Tigerdragons opinion because of what “king” Smoke said...

Fist time I looked at the thread.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Well, you can add consistency, and recessed SEL to the ARF for a start.

I thought you were curating the list? The information is available - Tigerdragon and OCCB2 have both said the same and they know a lot more about it than me. Just seemed very odd that you discounted a watch and Tigerdragons opinion because of what “king” Smoke said...

Fist time I looked at the thread.

This list is about consensus. I've seen many people saying ARF > Noob and many people saying Noob > ARF.

I personaly am not a Sub expert, I know Tudor & some other brands extremely well but that's about it.

So that's why I ask you to tell me. :) This list is not made by me. I adapt it regarding what people say and what the consensus is.

Since I couldn't find a consensus about which one between Noob & ARF won, I asked smoke and he told me Noob > ARF so I trusted the expert.

If you think that smoke is wrong, you can ! Just let me know why, and if your argument is strong, I'll definitely update the list. ;-)

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
ARF:
Pros:
Better SEL
Better Insert
Better Crystal (Black Hole Effect)

Cons:
Case is incorrect (because of the movement)

Noob:
Pros:
Better Case
Better Dial (but still no rounded indices)

Cons:
SEL is bad on different ones its a miracel to get one with good SEL
Crystal has no black hole effect.

In my opinion both are not Super Reps to many little flaws (like not rounded indices etc). And i don't say they are "bad" they are both good Reps for the money but you can spot the flaws 100 %, a noob maybe not but someone who knows watches will see it.

Btw. both have this blue tint issue of the writing on the dial (maybe its because the crystals are crap i don't know) Gen ones have pure white printing and the replicas have a blue tint which you can see under electronic neutral light (aka white light).

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
ARF:
Pros:
Better SEL
Better Insert
Better Crystal (Black Hole Effect)

Cons:
Case is incorrect (because of the movement)

Noob:
Pros:
Better Case
Better Dial (but still no rounded indices)

Cons:
SEL is bad on different ones its a miracel to get one with good SEL
Crystal has no black hole effect.

In my opinion both are not Super Reps to many little flaws (like not rounded indices etc).

Do you think that both are First Class? I can see that both are great reps with their own flaws, so could it be a draw depending on your personal preference? I could just add both in the list.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I would say yes its just not like a 100 % Super Rep you know? I mean i'm 99 % sure with both you can fool the most of the people but if there is someone with knowledge about watches i think i could spot the flaws, because i mean Gens are not always 100 % but some flaws are just there because its a rep. So yeah :D hard to explain.

I mean look at the PAMs as an example they are so well made on the wrist i doubt anybody could spot the difference, ofcourse when you give them the watch and they look at the moment they will spot it but the frontside is perfect you know.

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
I would say yes its just not like a 100 % Super Rep you know? I mean i'm 99 % sure with both you can fool the most of the people but if there is someone with knowledge about watches i think i could spot the flaws, because i mean Gens are not always 100 % but some flaws are just there because its a rep. So yeah :D hard to explain.

I mean look at the PAMs as an example they are so well made on the wrist i doubt anybody could spot the difference, ofcourse when you give them the watch and they look at the moment they will spot it but the frontside is perfect you know.

Normally when 2 factories made a Super Rep / First Class watch, I only display the best one, that's why V9 was there. But I can perfectly understand that it's up to personal preferences regarding this model so I put both. :)

Darude

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
17/4/18
Is this under discussion ?

Don’t think so, since there’s no real life comparison and the green tint on the crystal is so obvious that people can spot out it’s a rep across the room