• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can the newly released XF V2 FC Diver 15706 be considered a super rep?

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
or is it very close to the super rep status?

I heard that it is a well made piece. As there has not been a 15706 super rep, can this be a candidate to make the super rep list?
If not, what are the tells?

Reactions: jakekrait

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
by RWI standards, no it isn't. The experts will mention things like the date wheel and faster beat rate. It is what the Panerai guys call "first class rep" though.

Now in the real world, this will pass as a gen watch all day, every day. I have looked at a lot of pics and videos and on the wrist, it is super close to the gen. You just don't run into people who are AP experts in real life.

Now that XF even has a low beat version this watch is brilliant, it is one of the best reps I ever bought. Worth every penny.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
by RWI standards, no it isn't. The experts will mention things like the date wheel and faster beat rate. It is what the Panerai guys call "first class rep" though.

Now in the real world, this will pass as a gen watch all day, every day. I have looked at a lot of pics and videos and on the wrist, it is super close to the gen. You just don't run into people who are AP experts in real life.

Now that XF even has a low beat version this watch is brilliant, it is one of the best reps I ever bought. Worth every penny.

True. Thanks for your reply.

Not to disappoint you but my seller told me that the low beat version is not offered directly by the factory. It is in fact assembled by some seller using old 2846 movements. 2846 movements were swept out of market by ETA about a decade ago (just FYI). She also advised me against this special offering as she told me that the stability of the 2846 cannot be guaranteed like an ST 2130 or ETA 2836.

I am also very interested in buying one (the low beat version) for myself but I don't really know where (on which site) I should take a look. I would really appreciate it if anyone could enlighten me on this.

Thanks again for your input.

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
for me personally, I don't care about the low beat. I cannot see the big difference between the two and nobody is going to hold my watch next to a gen in their hand to compare.

Reactions: sn95

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
True. Thanks for your reply.

Not to disappoint you but my seller told me that the low beat version is not offered directly by the factory. It is in fact assembled by some seller using old 2846 movements. 2846 movements were swept out of market by ETA about a decade ago (just FYI). She also advised me against this special offering as she told me that the stability of the 2846 cannot be guaranteed like an ST 2130 or ETA 2836.

I am also very interested in buying one (the low beat version) for myself but I don't really know where (on which site) I should take a look. I would really appreciate it if anyone could enlighten me on this.

Thanks again for your input.
Only trusty time has the low beat, he's not a TD here.its exclusive to him only as stated on his website.

For 398 it's one hell of a watch, buy it with out hesitation.

If you want a proper low beat get legend to sort that for you.

The XF looks brilliant to be honest, agree with reppin above

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Akra

11/1/17

But the old V7 has the datewheel and faster beatrate aswell right? That still made it to the superrep list.

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
But the old V7 has the datewheel and faster beatrate aswell right? That still made it to the superrep list.

I don't make the rules on super reps mate, I am just here for the ride lol

In my mind this is a mega rep haha even better than super. If anyone calls this rep out on the streets you need to ask him what his username is on RWI or RG.

I even counted the swirls on the squares, there are like 17/18 and the gen has like 19. This is under magnification and I cannot ccount them precisely so imagine the naked eye.

FastPaced

Preformer
26/2/17
I don't make the rules on super reps mate, I am just here for the ride lol

In my mind this is a mega rep haha even better than super. If anyone calls this rep out on the streets you need to ask him what his username is on RWI or RG.

I even counted the swirls on the squares, there are like 17/18 and the gen has like 19. This is under magnification and I cannot ccount them precisely so imagine the naked eye.

They is not 17/18 swirls on the squares, more like 13ish. Also the dial is not as Shinny as Gen. you can have work done on it to make it better, but there are differences that you can see while on the wrist- one is the greenish reflection at certain angles on then crystal. That being said, this is probably the Best AP rep out. But is does have see able differences. 99% of the people out they have never heard of AP, so they wouldn't know what watch you had, most people this Rolex is the most expensive watch out there and of coarse it isn't.
But if you hang out with crowds of high rollers that are buying expensive watches, you might find yourself next to someone that has a Gen AP.

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
They is not 17/18 swirls on the squares, more like 13ish. Also the dial is not as Shinny as Gen. you can have work done on it to make it better, but there are differences that you can see while on the wrist- one is the greenish reflection at certain angles on then crystal. That being said, this is probably the Best AP rep out. But is does have see able differences. 99% of the people out they have never heard of AP, so they wouldn't know what watch you had, most people this Rolex is the most expensive watch out there and of coarse it isn't.
But if you hang out with crowds of high rollers that are buying expensive watches, you might find yourself next to someone that has a Gen AP.

there are more than 13 swirls on my watch. I only wish I had a camera capable of picking up the details clear enough.

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
The feel of this is pretty convincing compared to JF V5..

IMG_20180524_230150416_2.jpg

Akra

11/1/17
there are more than 13 swirls on my watch. I only wish I had a camera capable of picking up the details clear enough.
This picture is from the photo review thread of the XF V2. I'm not sure which swirls to count, but I haven't counted more than 13.
923004c77e86bd6ef835670315702504.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Akra

11/1/17
It's also funny how alot of the complaints were about the dial being not shiny enough/too matte. And InTime is advertizing with

V2 Updated:
1. New dial with the correct CD pattern like genuine
2. New yellow inner ring to match the genuine color
3. Correct hand shape
4. New matt-black dial
5. Thicker numeral superlumed on inner ring like genuine.

But I'm having a difficult time finding a picture of the gen where I can actually do a swirlcount though.

Reactions: Kingquest_s

ESQUISITE

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/18
Thinking of pulling the trigger on this watch, however I'm wondering: are both crowns functional? what is the top one for? thanks.

Reactions: kukubirdie

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Thinking of pulling the trigger on this watch, however I'm wondering: are both crowns functional? what is the top one for? thanks.

Rotates the inner bezel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
Right? I took that picture on a 30mp camera with a macro lens and ring light . If that's what it takes to be able to count them I'm pretty sure you're good to go on the wrist