• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Comparison VSF 126610LN vs. GEN

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Addendum/Update:

During the time I had this watch (it was sold) a lot has happened on the REP market, especially for this model.
As of today, I can recommend the Clean Factory 126610 to a newbie or someone who is looking for "The best sub" for 3 reasons.

1. The bracelet there is from ARF and of impeccable quality
2. The background of the rehaut is more polished than on VSF, which is an instant tell on VSF (and the other replicas).
3. The VS3235 movement winds fine, but the "washer" that holds the crown wheel down when there is a lot of tension on the mainspring is made of paper-thin material and surprisingly very cheaply made. That is why the crown wheel often spins during the winding process in these movements. This is better with the VR3235.

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
The weakest link on VSF has always been their rehaut engraving.

Last edited:

Dominicr9

Horology Curious
13/3/22
What a great review! Thank you for taking the time to do the comparison.

Samgobigs

11/2/20
Great review! Thanks for taking the time to write. I have heard people mention the floating ‘m’ where the m in “300m” isn’t properly aligned. Do you have a picture comparing the VSF and Gen on this?

vodamerc

Muppet
22/2/22
Australia
Addendum/Update:

During the time I had this watch (it was sold) a lot has happened on the REP market, especially for this model.
As of today, I can recommend the Clean Factory 126610 to a newbie or someone who is looking for "The best sub" for 3 reasons.

1. The bracelet there is from ARF and of impeccable quality
2. The background of the rehaut is more polished than on VSF, which is an instant tell on VSF (and the other replicas).
3. The VS3235 movement winds fine, but the "washer" that holds the crown wheel down when there is a lot of tension on the mainspring is made of paper-thin material and surprisingly very cheaply made. That is why the crown wheel often spins during the winding process in these movements. This is better with the VR3235.

Hoping that the new ZF is going to be a step above both

Reactions: lawrensempx

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The VR3235 is a true clone as the VS3235?

No, the VR3235 is a hybrid that uses many 3135 parts. Among other things, the VR3235 dial side has all 3135 calendar parts except the date indicator seating, which will take the 3235 dials.

The VR3235 has the 3135 separate winding bridge which is why it doesn't have the winding slippage issues that the VS can have. The VS and gen winding bridge is combined with the train bridge and the winding gears are configured differently. The VS3235 winding issues are due to cheap rep parts and not a gen design flaw.

Last edited:

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
No, the VR3235 is a hybrid that uses many 3135 parts. Among other things, the VR3235 dial side has all 3135 calendar parts except the date indicator seating, which will take the 3235 dials.

The VR3235 has the 3135 separate winding bridge which is why it doesn't have the winding slippage issues that the VS can have. The VS and gen winding bridge is combined with the train bridge and the winding gears are configured differently. The VS3235 winding issues are due to cheap rep parts and not a gen design flaw.
Exactly as I thought.
That why I found it hard to understand why @derjenigewelcher said it is hard to top Clean becoz of the movement. Clean is using the VR version of 3235, aren't they?

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
That why I found it hard to understand why @derjenigewelcher said it is hard to top Clean becoz of the movement.

Hey Buddy. For me, if I can chose between a movement with sliding / winding issue and another which does not have that - I choose the one which does not has that. But thats me, others may buy VS3235 and put some efforts in this movement.
:)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Exactly as I thought.
That why I found it hard to understand why @derjenigewelcher said it is hard to top Clean becoz of the movement. Clean is using the VR version of 3235, aren't they?

Clean does use the VR3235. Unless you are going to add gen parts the VR3235 is a solid movement. I've had other issues with VS3235s and so have others - primarily balance assemblies - so I have replaced VS with VR where needed.

stagename42

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/22
Great review! I think the biggest tell will always be the thickness, very hard to find a rep with perfect dimensions but this is as close to perfect as I think anyone can get

• Haha
Reactions: domiffm

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Clean does use the VR3235. Unless you are going to add gen parts the VR3235 is a solid movement. I've had other issues with VS3235s and so have others - primarily balance assemblies - so I have replaced VS with VR where needed.
Does the VR3235 accept the VS Sub dial w/o any mods?

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
what exactly it is about VSF's rehaut that isn't so good?
the letters? the finish of the rest of the metal?

i've been staring at one of those comparison pics from another thread and the only thing i've noticed is that the gen has a mini-bevel at the edge of the rehaut that none of the reps have, but i still can't tell what's wrong with VSF's

(borrowed from another thread)
07dee6f6.jpg

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
what exactly it is about VSF's rehaut that isn't so good?
the letters? the finish of the rest of the metal?

i've been staring at one of those comparison pics from another thread and the only thing i've noticed is that the gen has a mini-bevel at the edge of the rehaut that none of the reps have, but i still can't tell what's wrong with VSF's

(borrowed from another thread)
07dee6f6.jpg

The VSF I had (2 years ago) had a good engravement, (aligned and engraved), but the background of the rehaut on the gen is more polished than "mattet" (google translate spits out this word). CLEAN, since about 6months, has an improvement on this fact, they polish theyr rehaut background very nice. I dont know when the model was produced that was photographed in the comparison of @steve_theonewatches (thread you borrowed the picture).

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
oh i see it now, thanks
now that you've pointed it out, i can see there's a bit of a reflected image in the gen rehaut, but VSF's is just brushed steel without reflection