• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean releases 126506 w/ SH4131, regular stick marker and diamond variant

Hasslebank

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Sure @Hasslebank , I respect your point of view, in the end we are talking about "important" models that we compare with pics, which is very difficult especially on a dial like this... and I don't think any of us pretend to deceive anyone passing it off as GEN, going crazy on these details is part of our hobby :)

I reported my experience with what I have in hand (perhaps I should have clarified that I was talking about the baguette version, the most "problematic"), SW doesn't seem clearer to me than BTF, etc etc... I don't want to convince anyone, everyone should form their own idea:

@Hasslebank thanks for the link and congratulations for the great comparison you made, I see that you also like to go crazy on some models 😁
Yeah bro, didnt mean to convince you or anyone either, all I'm saying is that spent enormous time with the platona being one of my fav models, had also the chance to see one gen in hand and based on these experiences the recent Clean rls dial colour is the closest to the gen, ALL the rest are so pale and washed (expect the wrong noob) that have nothing to do with the gen shade and tone...Clean nailed it and looking at the 126506 pics, they might be using the same "receipt" so if anyone does like the new look of the 126 vs the old classic, i dont see any considerable alternative my two cents

Last edited:

VixLa3

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
21/11/23
EU
all I'm saying is that spent enormous time with the platona being one of my fav models

I noticed from the link you posted! Great comparison :)

I really like this model too, but I find it difficult to wear... I still haven't figured out whether to keep them or not.

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
I don’t need it that badly lol
Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Reaps

25/9/22
I agree that it looks better! But there is zero chance I would ever wear it lol
Come on now, you have a $70k Sodalite Daytona, this is still within your price range to wear :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Hasslebank

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I am not trying to down the chestnut brown colors, obviously it's highly popular. But I think Rolex totally missed the boat with all the ice blue Daytonas by not making one with a metal bezel. I mocked this up about 5 years ago and would absolutely make one in gen if I were a multimillionaire. The bezel would be a problem since they don't make a plat one - WG might be OK, even an entire WG case and bezel with a diamond dial swap. I just love this combo - Rolex did this in all RG.

17267991227340.jpg

I finally cobbled together a humble tribute with a BP dial and Noob no stripe hands and it's done everything to convince me that the combo is awesome.

17265503625490.jpg

17268407255970.jpg

Last edited:

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Clasp looks correct per Ctime photos.

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
I can fix that with a push pin and 5 minutes. Call me a modder. $95.0 (see what I did there) fee.

• Haha
Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

25/9/22
Ohhhhhhhhhhh now I see it
I dont know about the 950PT vs PT950, the pictures I used are from 116506 so it could have changed from 126506.

But the jewelers engravings are still indicating gold, 750 = Au750, it should be 950 indicating Pt. I'm not sure about the doghead engraving so I will do research, but I think it shouldn't be marked with G.

Clean (ripped from CTime), clasp and lug markings :

Gen :

Milburn1

Getting To Know The Place
Supporter
Certified
1/11/22
UK
Just goes to show how good this rep is when the only nit picking being done is regarding the tiny little engravings on a clasp that you’ll never even notice. Something clean know will be wrong as well. Visually this thing looks dam close 👏🏼

Service

I'm New. Unknown to this website.
2/9/24
With due respect the custom dial versions are nowhere compared to the Clean rls or even the old Noob (yes a bit saturated, but still cool irl) Rb/Sw are still pale af, same like the garbage Btf which looks horrible in hands :D
Clean makes the best dial version, damn close to the gen when it comes to platona version dial, the rest of build vs gen has its weaknesses but ootb does a sensational job imo

Service reacted with Angty emoji.

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
22/4/13
Australia
Since Platinum is very closely colored to Stainless Steel, I wonder how close it really is? I am asking because obviously the new Le Mans Daytonas have a White Hue, so was thinking maybe the Polishing on these new Plat Daytonas would look quite exceptional?

Reaps

25/9/22
Since Platinum is very closely colored to Stainless Steel, I wonder how close it really is? I am asking because obviously the new Le Mans Daytonas have a White Hue, so was thinking maybe the Polishing on these new Plat Daytonas would look quite exceptional?
Out of all the PM, platinum is the closest to SS. It's shinier, that's about it.

I dare say it's basically not worth it to even plat plate it unless you're a true replica fiend, the appearance is barely discernible.