• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean new 126500 white and black dial comparison with GEN

oceaon

Lost time is never found again.
Banned
27/1/22
US
I absolutely agree with everything you just said, almost verbatim. It’s an $800 price tag and it’s good for what it is. They didn’t even raise the prices on it, which is solid. At the end of the day if you are struggling to accept this as a great V1, reps just aren’t for you.

Last edited:

TKav3

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/1/23
Agreed - 126500 didn’t even appeal to me initially. But seeing how good the first batch is, almost feel obligated to get one 🤣

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪
A lot of room for improvement??
I couldn’t disagree more. They’re 95% there and this is just having the gen 2 months.

I mean realistically what are you expecting? Real White gold hands and hour markers? A dial to rival the print quality of the gen? Gen spec PVD Platinum fill? Gen constancy and quality—which even gen is never 100% perfect BTW—Rolex is a luxury watch brand that mass produces roughly 1M watches annually. I’m not saying Clean and others can’t accomplish these Swiss standards. I’m saying it would easily be a 3k rep.

Not trying to insult anyone. Just saying how jaded some newer member can be.

Personally, I’ve ordered the Panda and Black and have no doubt will have same feel and quality in person and on the wrist as other Clean I have.
You beat me to this, good job!

Reactions: m5smg2

Brudi

Rolex Pro / AP Lover
Supporter
Certified
27/3/18
Germany
I couldn’t disagree more. They’re 95% there and this is just having the gen 2 months.
Then you agree with me, because that's all I was trying to say. Maybe you misunderstood me.
With all the features you've listed, there are people willing to pay 3k for a Rep, including myself. And Clean would be able to accomplish this. They have the tools, the knowledge and the man power to do this.

Also I am not a newer Member.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Then you agree with me, because that's all I was trying to say. Maybe you misunderstood me.
With all the features you've listed, there are people willing to pay 3k for a Rep, including myself. And Clean would be able to accomplish this. They have the tools, the knowledge and the man power to do this.

Also I am not a newer Member.
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing or trying to start a fight.

If you want to spend 3k on the rep, then super frankening is for you. All flaws pointed out can be fixed by replacing with gen parts. Easily.

Why bother? If Clean made the replica 3k they will lose out on alot of sales. $800 is already creeping on the territory of loads of great microbrands. At 3k I can buy loads of great watches 2nd hand.

But as a base and "cost value" then this is excellent. They have done a perfect compromise.

Anonymous.Snax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/16
Overall for a V1 these look really good. Minor imperfections

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19

I mean realistically what are you expecting? Real White gold hands and hour markers? A dial to rival the print quality of the gen? Gen spec PVD Platinum fill? Gen constancy and quality—which even gen is never 100% perfect BTW—Rolex is a luxury watch brand that mass produces roughly 1M watches annually. I’m not saying Clean and others can’t accomplish these Swiss standards. I’m saying it would easily be a 3k rep.

Not trying to insult anyone. Just saying how jaded some newer member can be.

Personally, I’ve ordered the Panda and Black and have no doubt will have same feel and quality in person and on the wrist as other Clean I have.
👏👏👏

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
White dial colour is better - the rest is trash.
Creamier doesnt mean better, you dont have direct comparison with arf, i think it is too much creamy like all other arf dials

dharma

F.a.i.g.a. addicted
Supporter
Certified
13/11/14
The Hive
Thanks @CTime for the comparison, and thanks to Clean for the great work....a very good V1 (pushers a little short, maybe?) i wait the new 126519 Gray/Oysterflex to pull the trigger!!

Reactions: CTime

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
Thanks @CTime for the comparison, and thanks to Clean for the great work....a very good V1 (pushers a little short, maybe?) i wait the new 126519 Gray/Oysterflex to pull the trigger!!
Pushers arent screewed down properely,we already have qc pics where the pushers are screewed down and looks better, they are a hair shorter but definetly not noticable

Reactions: dharma

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Creamier doesnt mean better, you dont have direct comparison with arf, i think it is too much creamy like all other arf dials
I never said creamy.

The colour looks closer in every photo I've seen of it.
I'm therefore inclined to believe that it's closer.

CF are known for their cold, grey white Daytona dials which have never been good. This is something confirmed in the OP - by someone who had both in front of them.

This is a great release, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be honest about what is a pretty big, and ongoing flaw.

Last edited:

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
I never said creamy.

The colour looks closer in every photo I've seen of it.
I'm therefore inclined to believe that it's closer.

CF are known for their cold, grey white Daytona dials which have never been good. This is something confirmed in the OP - by someone who had both in front of them.

This is a great release, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be honest about what is a pretty big, and ongoing flaw.
The thing is i dont see any gray this time, you clearly have side by side photo with gen, you dont have arf vs gen side by side and you cant tell the color which i think it is too creamy compared to gen

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
The thing is i dont see any gray this time, you clearly have side by side photo with gen, you dont have arf vs gen side by side and you cant tell the color which i think it is too creamy compared to gen

Well, by your own reasoning you can't say RAF is creamy, as you don't have them both in front of you.

However, CTime did have them both in front of him and made the same observation that I, and let's be honest, anyone with a pair of eyes did -

For the white 126500, it has the same problem as on 116500 -- different white version. This gen is more yellowish comparing to Clean​

Last edited:

Bobi01

Respected Member
2/2/19
Well, by your own reasoning you can't say RAF is creamy, as you don't have them both in front of you.

However, CTime did have them both in front of him and made the same observation that I, and let's be honest, anyone with a pair of eyes did -
Im almost pretty sure that arf dial color is too creamy and imo not better than clean… but then again i respect your thinking and thats yours , dont want to argue

monkeypie

Getting To Know The Place
9/12/08
very good OOTB
one thing i dont seem to have read: @CTime you said the gen is 12.1mm thick while Clean is 12.5. Is the thickness difference all in the caseback ?

ANyway, @KJ2020 there is also this one to wait for

Maybe its heresy but I actually prefer the 126519LN, i.e. black dial with silver subdials.

Reactions: Roleez