• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean new 126500 white and black dial comparison with GEN

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
For me Clean 126500 Daytona only has 4 weaknesses of the current batch :
  1. Need to fix crown coronet (this is a batch to batch issue, it seems that the first batches were good but most recent QC shows big "O" coronet which is wrong for the 126500, it never had this big "O" unlike the 116500 Panda)
  2. Discipline their quality control to fix the subdial printing and subdials being too thin resulting in some numerals being "eaten"
  3. Need to change bezel engraving depth to match BTF, slightly less deep
  4. Bonus if they can make a slightly warmer color dial although really for me this isn't a priority
But honestly this is just me being nit picky. Clean 126500 still in my eyes the best replica for this variant, maybe some discussion about movement is necessary but I honestly saw DD4131 has more failures than SH4131, I know 3 people who have returned it, whereas the SH doesnt seem to have many complaints
5. Bezel engraving too close to the edge compared to gen

Reactions: AG91

chrisat

Getting To Know The Place
23/3/24
Someone on Reddit posted some new side by side shots of a gen and a rep from a recent batch today. Clean really messed that up. As has been pointed out here already - wrong coronet, subdials a bit off, bezel engraving too close to the edge. The rep looks very different than mine that is from an earlier batch.

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
Someone on Reddit posted some new side by side shots of a gen and a rep from a recent batch today. Clean really messed that up. As has been pointed out here already - wrong coronet, subdials a bit off, bezel engraving too close to the edge. The rep looks very different than mine that is from an earlier batch.
Have link? Love to see that pic.

patek_with_sellita

10/8/24
Have link? Love to see that pic.
I think he is referring to this picture,

hIAmRb.jpeg

WatchNoobie

7/8/24
BTF subdials on the White Panda is too thick compared to gen.. on the black dial BTG is better than CF.

There’s a reason CF are the best with Daytonas, they are the closest to gen. Now the crystal is another topic, I have two 126xxx from CF one with stock dial and another with Deep. CF is more gen like with the thickness and reflection, Deep is clearer and has more details.. and ofcourse gen crystal is the way to go if money isn’t an issue but I say it’s not really worth it as there’s no cyclops or DW that’s a major issue.

mectron

29/9/23
Is there a sensible way to get a display caseback on a 126500? I like being able to see the movement even if it gives away that it is a rep. I know some of the higher value models (ex: platona/le mans) have display backs but I would prefer to wear a black 126500.

Do I have to buy like a 126500 and a 126506 and swap the casebacks or is there a cheaper way?

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
I think he is referring to this picture,

hIAmRb.jpeg
While I appreciate the gen vs rep and certainly some of the things I stated are true

You can't have 2 different lightings, uneven placement of the watch side by side and call it a fair comparison lol, the perspective, reflection, and lighting are different on both models, the one on the left is also closer to the camera.

Noone can make any reasonable in depth assessments based on this.

chrisat

23/3/24
While I appreciate the gen vs rep and certainly some of the things I stated are true

You can't have 2 different lightings, uneven placement of the watch side by side and call it a fair comparison lol, the perspective, reflection, and lighting are different on both models, the one on the left is also closer to the camera.

Noone can make any reasonable in depth assessments based on this.
There are a total of 7 photos in the Reddit thread. While the quality is mediocre for all of them, and it is not a professional comparison shot in a controlled environment, the current batch issues can be seen on each of these photos.

Photos of the flawed batches have been posted here on RWI as well over the past few days/weeks, so this really isn't a surprise. Hasn't one of the TD even announced to exchange these models that shipped with the wrong coronet?

Of course it would be great if someone could do a controlled side-by-side of an earlier batch (after CF fixed the markers) with the current batch. We just need to find someone who owns two CF 126500 Pandas from these batches, as otherwise we would just again end up comparing photos that have been shot with different cameras in different environments.

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
subdial size look the same to me? i think this dial is far better than the earlier version.

coronet is not so bad either, nothing like the mis-shapen 116520 one with the wrong shape. the gen is a bit more 3d which is why it looks better.

the bezel to close to the edges seems to have been fixed as my QC from yesterday is fine.

hIy4ht.jpeg

damocles

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
subdial size look the same to me? i think this dial is far better than the earlier version.

coronet is not so bad either, nothing like the mis-shapen 116520 one with the wrong shape. the gen is a bit more 3d which is why it looks better.

the bezel to close to the edges seems to have been fixed as my QC from yesterday is fine.

hIy4ht.jpeg
Nothing has been fixed. Same watch.
Cornet mouth looks ok though, might need to see a better angle.

damocles

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
- subdial still eating the number - too thin. Look at the number 6 it is right at the edge.
- wrong big mouth cornet
- doubt there is an update on the bezel, not to my eyes.

Anyhow, enjoy your watch. Everyone is nitpicking.

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
hI9IS8.jpeg

Agree on engraving being still to close to the edge. Subdials are darn close. Subdial printing can sometimes being too close to the edge. QC issue.

hI9YeK.jpeg

Cornet misses some 3d effect.

Reactions: wubsub

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
- subdial still eating the number - too thin. Look at the number 6 it is right at the edge.
- wrong big mouth cornet
- doubt there is an update on the bezel, not to my eyes.

Anyhow, enjoy your watch. Everyone is nitpicking.
agreed. it's definitely not perfect but a great one. take care 🍻