• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean new 126500 white and black dial comparison with GEN

Diceman

Getting To Know The Place
8/1/16
In what circumstances do the "true rep people" get so close to my wrist, say less than 3 feet and without a loupe, and they can tell that based on the 0.1 or 0.2mm shift of the so-called "flaws", my watch is a rep?
You are one of the "true rep people" so every time you see the watch on your wrist you will notice "some thing is different".
The 0.1-0,2mm makes completely different looking and you will know how Rolex achieved perfect balance of the design.
I don't feel this with VSF submariner, sometimes I confuse which is the gen.
I'm sure that the current batch will not satisfy rep people here, wait for the next batch.

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪
You are one of the "true rep people" so every time you see the watch on your wrist you will notice "some thing is different".
The 0.1-0,2mm makes completely different looking and you will know how Rolex achieved perfect balance of the design.
I'm sure that the current batch will not satisfy rep people here, wait for the next batch.
In 3 feet or more, I'll call your BS.

damocles

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
This answers my question, I guess what I am asking is if you feel there is a different “look” when you stare down at your wrist without your gen next to it with that slight margin of difference.

Rr808

Patron
10/7/24
This answers my question, I guess what I am asking is if you feel there is a different “look” when you stare down at your wrist without your gen next to it with that slight margin of difference.
I rock my reps at work everyday, while my co workers rock the gens. They stopped asking after the first time. Just wear it with the gen attitude. Only you know it’s fake.

Reactions: AG91

Dexxter

21/3/24
I would never question the watch first if it´s fake or not. Always take a look at the wearer first. Someone pretends to wear a gen 126500 daytona at work but drives a 20 yrs old shitbox and can´t pay his bills? Well I guess you do not have to take a closer look at the watch.

Reactions: AG91

damocles

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
I rock my reps at work everyday, while my co workers rock the gens. They stopped asking after the first time. Just wear it with the gen attitude. Only you know it’s fake.
jeez why are all you people making assumptions about getting called out and such
I am asking the owner about the feel of the watch as I am waiting for my QC not whether someone can spot differences

You think I care about getting called out and wearing reps? I have been on this site since 2015 and have bought over 500 reps, not you people who joined couple months ago and care about x100 zoom and 0.1mm differences.

Escapewheel

19/8/24
those rep patrol officers roaming ski resorts have sharper eagle eyes, they don't need to even get close to 3 feet
:ROFLMAO:
Ahah how fast do I need to ski?
Anyways great first effort and solid base for Frankens, what imo is needed is a better/sharper cut of the hands and maybe a more clean work on the indexes but we talking stuff you see with a loupe ah

• Haha
Reactions: kiasunkiasi

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Ahah how fast do I need to ski?
Anyways great first effort and solid base for Frankens, what imo is needed is a better/sharper cut of the hands and maybe a more clean work on the indexes but we talking stuff you see with a loupe ah
They won't do that, unless you want to pay $100 for a detail noone can notice. People forget the finer the detail the more expensive it gets. Anyways no amount of work on markers or hands will change the fact they're not made of white gold like Rolex gen. Buy gen dial + gen hands if those things bother you.

Escapewheel

19/8/24
They won't do that, unless you want to pay $100 for a detail noone can notice. People forget the finer the detail the more expensive it gets. Anyways no amount of work on markers or hands will change the fact they're not made of white gold like Rolex gen. Buy gen dial + gen hands if those things bother you.
Yup this exactly, only big thing i see are flared lugholes on the case but that’s a detail you will never see unless you wear an aftermarket strap, so for the OCD frankeners case might be a problem as a base for a Franken but really imo I am absolutely nitpicking

Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Yup this exactly, only big thing i see are flared lugholes on the case but that’s a detail you will never see unless you wear an aftermarket strap, so for the OCD frankeners case might be a problem as a base for a Franken but really imo I am absolutely nitpicking
For me Clean 126500 Daytona only has 4 weaknesses of the current batch :
  1. Need to fix crown coronet (this is a batch to batch issue, it seems that the first batches were good but most recent QC shows big "O" coronet which is wrong for the 126500, it never had this big "O" unlike the 116500 Panda)
  2. Discipline their quality control to fix the subdial printing and subdials being too thin resulting in some numerals being "eaten"
  3. Need to change bezel engraving depth to match BTF, slightly less deep
  4. Bonus if they can make a slightly warmer color dial although really for me this isn't a priority
But honestly this is just me being nit picky. Clean 126500 still in my eyes the best replica for this variant, maybe some discussion about movement is necessary but I honestly saw DD4131 has more failures than SH4131, I know 3 people who have returned it, whereas the SH doesnt seem to have many complaints

patek_with_sellita

10/8/24
In what circumstances do the "true rep people" get so close to my wrist, say less than 3 feet and without a loupe, and they can tell that based on the 0.1 or 0.2mm shift of the so-called "flaws", my watch is a rep?
Who said anything about the wrists? We are talking about pointing out flaws if you don’t have the gen beside you. “Beside you” then I stated that you need to have people that know what to look for to notice the flaws. We ain’t talking about wrists. Read again and then comment.

Reactions: damocles

patek_with_sellita

10/8/24
On the wrist, almost nothing is visible. Major tells are in some cases hard to see on the wrist. So that shouldn’t be the talking point. There are reps with lower quality that majority of the people don’t know anything about.

kiasunkiasi

16/6/23
Malaysia
jeez why are all you people making assumptions about getting called out and such
I am asking the owner about the feel of the watch as I am waiting for my QC not whether someone can spot differences

You think I care about getting called out and wearing reps? I have been on this site since 2015 and have bought over 500 reps, not you people who joined couple months ago and care about x100 zoom and 0.1mm differences.
500+ over 9 years o_O
wow...

Rr808

Patron
10/7/24

For someone that bought over 500 reps, and you still ask/worry about these minor flaws. I think you care about it more than you think.

GL with your QC, hopefully these flaws won’t stop you from getting your 501th or 600th.

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪
@Diceman Why the hell would you report this as "radical abuse"? I see zero abuse, let alone radical. Why the hell are you wasting my time with such utter nonsense? Answer not optional; I require one.
Fainted heart got hurt when someone tells him the truth, too hard for him to accept. Might need mama kisses his booboo.

damocles

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
For someone that bought over 500 reps, and you still ask/worry about these minor flaws. I think you care about it more than you think.

GL with your QC, hopefully these flaws won’t stop you from getting your 501th or 600th.
who said I worry about minor flaws? check your eyes.

mhrboy

Renowned Member
Certified
13/4/21
Maybe at the moment btf is better on panda variant…