• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean new 126500 white and black dial comparison with GEN

Wowsc

Getting To Know The Place
Certified
8/10/22
I would say that is not necessary for the model. Stock Xtal is pretty good. But I think Ctime and Steve from Theomewatch can do that for you.

Reactions: damocles

damocles

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
I think what bugs me the most for black dial 116500/126500 are the hands.

In the gen the white gold hands are very delicate and sparkly in low light in contrast to the black dial. With these rep ss hands, they disappeared into the black dial in low light because they simply don't reflect enough light, which screams rep to me lol, not to mention very difficult to read.

I can't say the same thing with white dial, but with black dial, it is very noticeable due to the lack of contrast. I can easily spot a rep by looking at how flat and dull the hands are especially if I am looking at it in person.

Reactions: Mark1937

Bentona

28/4/23
Indonesia
I think what bugs me the most for black dial 116500/126500 are the hands.

In the gen the white gold hands are very delicate and sparkly in low light in contrast to the black dial. With these rep ss hands, they disappeared into the black dial in low light because they simply don't reflect enough light, which screams rep to me lol, not to mention very difficult to read.

I can't say the same thing with white dial, but with black dial, it is very noticeable due to the lack of contrast. I can easily spot a rep by looking at how flat and dull the hands are especially if I am looking at it in person.
kinda agree

Diceman

8/1/16
I received mine this week i love it. The 3 flaws are the coronet big O, the subdials are thinner than gen, and the crystal height is too low.

I got mine from Andrew last week and have same problem.
Thinner black ring of subdials, thinner letters and bezel numbers much closer to the edge.
Not sure how you see in the picture but totally different from the gen on the left side.

Reactions: frankdux1987

damocles

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15

I got mine from Andrew last week and have same problem.
Thinner black ring of subdials, thinner letters and bezel numbers much closer to the edge.
Not sure how you see in the picture but totally different from the gen on the left side.
can you see these flaws on your wrist without the gen on the side?

Reactions: tom86

damocles

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
Well once you know the flaws then it’s easier to see it 🤷‍♂️
yes my question is whether a pair of naked eyes can see a thinner subdial and a slightly thinner font without the gen on the side..

It is an honest question, I am waiting for my qc.. from pictures yes I can see the flaws but seem to be just by a small margin

patek_with_sellita

10/8/24
yes my question is whether a pair of naked eyes can see a thinner subdial and a slightly thinner font without the gen on the side..

It is an honest question, I am waiting for my qc.. from pictures yes I can see the flaws but seem to be just by a small margin
Yeah I understand mate. Yeah you can see that the numbers are pushing closer to the edge and the eyes of the subdials appears a bit smaller but like you said, you need the gen on the side to notice those “flaws”. Only true rep people that look for those differences will notice this because they know what to look for.

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/6/23
🇩🇪
Yeah I understand mate. Yeah you can see that the numbers are pushing closer to the edge and the eyes of the subdials appears a bit smaller but like you said, you need the gen on the side to notice those “flaws”. Only true rep people that look for those differences will notice this because they know what to look for.
In what circumstances do the "true rep people" get so close to my wrist, say less than 3 feet and without a loupe, and they can tell that based on the 0.1 or 0.2mm shift of the so-called "flaws", my watch is a rep?

Last edited:

KillerD

24/4/09
USA
Thanks for comparison. Call me crazy but there are some instances where the Clean looks better than the Genuine!