• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory Batman

Lew

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/21
Do you think all of them will have these speed bumps? The BLRO was quite good, surely they've made this insert the same way so it could just be a one off?

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
For what it's worth, and I can be wrong but on the other thread for CF Pepsi I saw that one member noted the cases are not that different between 116710 and 126710, so maybe 116710 is the better choice as the 126710 (by CF) has fat lugs which is more or less incorrect. That being said, 116710 has a different movement (3186 sets clockwise and newer GMT on 126710 movement sets counter clockwise) and only comes on oyster bracelet.

The choice is yours, but if I was getting a Batman I would go for the slightly more correct 116710 unless you must have the Jubilee bracelet.

I always have the same idea too. But now I wonder if the CF fat lugs are actually more correct for the 116710?

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Still ARF is best batman on oyster

But then it has the skinny CGs and over whitish lumes. Not mentioning the sharp corners of the dial markers too.
And the questionable 3186 movement.
Well, unlike the Subs, still kinda hard to find a close to gen. GMT-2 on the market.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
My how spoiled we've become. Those aren't speed bumps, they are join lines.

These are speed bumps

j3q8R8.jpg

No two piece insert will ever be able to hide the join lines perfectly, though you can improve it with a paint mod. That's one of best looking rep bi-color inserts available now, on par with the ARF Batman. It doesn't get any better than this guys.

Remember that Geek Time's lighting showed the Pepsi insert join lines in the most unfavorable way as well. This insert should not look any different than the Pepsi in similar lighting environments.

Last edited:

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
+1 Unless the rep factories can employ the same technology Rolex uses for making their bi-colour inserts.

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
Do you think all of them will have these speed bumps? The BLRO was quite good, surely they've made this insert the same way so it could just be a one off?

no point in speculating now, a couple more QCs and we'll know for sure

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
+1 Unless the rep factories can employ the same technology Rolex uses for making their bi-colour inserts.

They won't ever want to spend that kind of money to tweak the process bro. Rolex had pretty much unlimited time, talent and resources and their techniques look like they need to be very carefully controlled. Rep factories are making these inserts for about $25 (REAL value). The step up from here is a quantum leap they will never take.

"According to Rolex, it takes 40 hours to make a bezel."

https://millenarywatches.com/rolex-ceramic-bezel-cerachrom/

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Yeah, for sure the rep factories wouldn't go for that.
I was just trying to say don't expect we can get anything close to the Rolex inserts in terms of the bi-colour candidates.
For the single colour, CF has made a good success as we can see from their black and green Sub inserts.

Reactions: KJ2020

Mr.pitt

Known Member
28/4/21
So this release has been a let down... my TD has $518 of my money, what else should I consider buying in Rolex brand?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
They won't ever want to spend that kind of money to tweak the process bro. Rolex had pretty much unlimited time, talent and resources and their techniques look like they need to be very carefully controlled. Rep factories are making these inserts for about $25 (REAL value). The step up from here is a quantum leap they will never take.

Ah, I’m not sure bro. I’d bet there is nothing that Rolex can do that can’t be done cheaper in China. If not now, then certainly one day soon. For sure, they’ll have to step up their game, but if its possible they’ll do it.

According to Rolex it takes a year to make a watch!

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
So this release has been a let down... my TD has $518 of my money, what else should I consider buying in Rolex brand?

Get a VSF 126610 LV - its the best Rolex rep available now. Also the Submariner is a nicer watch than the GMT in my opinion.

Reactions: Mr.pitt

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
at this point I ask the experts with a lot of experience in rep and in this world for many years ... what is a good (maybe better) batman alternative?

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20

KJ I remember seeing a thread of yours in which you did the paint mod on one of your GMTs. Do you mind sharing the pics if you have them handy? Curious to see how much a paint mod can hide the join lines. Aside from the join lines, which I previously misconstrued as speedbumps, this still seems like a pretty solid release.

Darkbil

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/6/21
I'm also expecting to get QC of my Batman 116710 next week

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Ah, I’m not sure bro. I’d bet there is nothing that Rolex can do that can’t be done cheaper in China. If not now, then certainly one day soon. For sure, they’ll have to step up their game, but if its possible they’ll do it.

According to Rolex it takes a year to make a watch!

Haha, never say never when it comes to the Chinese replicators I guess. If only they weren't always so damn cheap.

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
at this point I ask the experts with a lot of experience in rep and in this world for many years ... what is a good (maybe better) batman alternative?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ I remember seeing a thread of yours in which you did the paint mod on one of your GMTs. Do you mind sharing the pics if you have them handy? Curious to see how much a paint mod can hide the join lines. Aside from the join lines, which I previously misconstrued as speedbumps, this still seems like a pretty solid release.

Here's my ROF before and after
ZuyBOX.jpg

Zuytjc.jpg

Plenty more pics in this thread

KJ2020 Paint Mod