• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 126500 Daytona review

Thewatchwolf

Renowned Member
1/3/15
CONUS
Thank you very much for your answer !
Je dois y réflechir!

i can accept subdials still shiny and wrong serial code in case...

but what's about wrong crystal gasket, it is ?
Is this visible on the overall appearance of the watch or when disassembling it?

thank you again 🙏 :)
You are very welcome. The gasket that is used makes the crystal sit lower and more flush with the bezel. I just replaced mine with a proper 2.3 mm gasket and now it looks more gen

ciaoman21

Known Member
5/2/19
EU
Vous êtes les bienvenus. Le joint utilisé permet au cristal de s'asseoir plus bas et de mieux affleurer la lunette. Je viens de remplacer le mien par un joint approprié de 2,3 mm et maintenant il a l'air plus générationnel.
Ok ! i understand ! thank you sir !

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
Black dial. It's more formal, distinguished looking and can be worn with a tux as well as a t-shirt & jeans. The white dial is more sporty and can be worn in more casual situations.
I want to meet people who will not approve a white dial Daytona with suit or tux in real life. They'll be just awed anyone wearing Rolex and then Daytona. It's a prestige factor and folks don't scoff at it coz it's white dial.

If we go to 100 yrs old traditions, one shouldn't be wearing a wrist watch with tux and if any should have dress watch on leather strap and not a racing or sports one.

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
FWIW, I've seen more celebrity women wear white dial Daytona's. That's not to say the white dial Daytona isn't masculine. It's appeal is more diverse. I'm actually waiting delivery on my white panda racing dial (swapped out a gray racing dial and installed a deep crystal along with a red chrono hand). I plan on wearing it for the utmost CASUAL occasions.

Reactions: Reaps and m5smg2

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
FWIW, I've seen more celebrity women wear white dial Daytona's. That's not to say the white dial Daytona isn't masculine. It's appeal is more diverse. I'm actually waiting delivery on my white panda racing dial (swapped out a gray racing dial and installed a deep crystal along with a red chrono hand). I plan on wearing it for the utmost CASUAL occasions.
The White Dial 116500 Pandas have aways been more popular for whatever reason, and Gen Pandas command a higher price on the grey market.

Thewatchwolf

Renowned Member
1/3/15
CONUS
I want to meet people who will not approve a white dial Daytona with suit or tux in real life. They'll be just awed anyone wearing Rolex and then Daytona. It's a prestige factor and folks don't scoff at it coz it's white dial.

If we go to 100 yrs old traditions, one shouldn't be wearing a wrist watch with tux and if any should have dress watch on leather strap and not a racing or sports one.
Get what you like and wear what you like. Don’t worry about anyone else’s opinion. Style is subjective. Andy Warhol wore a nonworking Cartier his entire career just because he liked the way the watch looked.

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
Get what you like and wear what you like. Don’t worry about anyone else’s opinion. Style is subjective. Andy Warhol wore a nonworking Cartier his entire career just because he liked the way the watch looked.
Exactly even if Warhol was a bit kooky. LOL!

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
I'm torn which one to order. All 4 look good for me. I own White 116500 in ARF. I'm loving both white & Black in 126500 and then also 126519 in grey/cream & Black.

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US
Just got QC in for the black 126500 and will hold on to it until the Le Mans is released.

Reactions: m5smg2

Watchfan12b

Known Member
1/7/23
Bulgaria
Actually I got updates, Clean is working on the 24h sub dial so it will take longer, hopefully before October?
Ohhhh 😢 well will probably get something else untill the le mans comes out… this reps are a sickness as mucha as I love my platona, panda and rootbeer, I need something fresh to keep me satisfied 😂😂 probably will to with the 126519 when it comes out, untill the le mans comes out😂

Reactions: CTime and m5smg2

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
I would be all over this except I know I want the Le Mans 😶‍🌫️ so I'll wait and enjoy your wristies!!!
Me too bud. Until then, this will hold me over nicely 😉

• Love
Reactions: Reaps