• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 126500 Daytona review

jak_vik15

Looking Around
7/3/22
When comparing the capacity to franken the 116 vs the 126, has anyone done a deep dive on the cost that the latest gen parts go for?
As someone that's looking to buy a solid rep, I would love to at least have the OPTION to replace the movement in the future.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
When comparing the capacity to franken the 116 vs the 126, has anyone done a deep dive on the cost that the latest gen parts go for?
As someone that's looking to buy a solid rep, I would love to at least have the OPTION to replace the movement in the future.
Considering there isn't even a single 126x part avaliable on any platform I don't think you'll get any answers. The 4130 and 116x has been out for a long time. The 126x had been out for 1 year.

aleks hk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/24
Sorry if this question has been asked among the 40 pages already... but could anyone comment on this vs a VSF sub? From the excitement I presume we are talking at least the same sort of league for OOB look and feel?

Finally ready to pull the trigger... will go light side panda as I already have a gen Omega black chrono.

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Sorry if this question has been asked among the 40 pages already... but could anyone comment on this vs a VSF sub? From the excitement I presume we are talking at least the same sort of league for OOB look and feel?

Finally ready to pull the trigger... will go light side panda as I already have a gen Omega black chrono.
What do you mean? The sub and daytona are 2 different watches completely, you cannot compare them

I don't have this watch yet but you can see that many people have touted as the best out of box Daytona v1 ever made

aleks hk

22/1/24
What do you mean? The sub and daytona are 2 different watches completely, you cannot compare them

I don't have this watch yet but you can see that many people have touted as the best out of box Daytona v1 ever made

So I just mean the out of box wow and feel in qualitative terms... never had a gen or another daytona rep so being the best v1 ever doesnt mean much to me. It sure looks like a perfect copy, but from the small stock of reps I've acquired they all pass that “look” test but the sub really stands out for feel. I guess bracelet quality, crystal, balance, whatever other slightly less obviously tangible qualities beyond how it looks.

My cartier santos doesn't have that wow factor, and nor does a high end AP rep a friend got recently. My highly modded and expensive Nautilus is sort of in between.

Just don't want to be disappointed!

Reaps

-
25/9/22
So I just mean the out of box wow and feel in qualitative terms... never had a gen or another daytona rep so being the best v1 ever doesnt mean much to me. It sure looks like a perfect copy, but from the small stock of reps I've acquired they all pass that “look” test but the sub really stands out for feel. I guess bracelet quality, crystal, balance, whatever other slightly less obviously tangible qualities beyond how it looks.

My cartier santos doesn't have that wow factor, and nor does a high end AP rep a friend got recently. My highly modded and expensive Nautilus is sort of in between.

My friend. It is a $800 replica. Keep your expectations low. Think about what $800 gen can get you? A Seiko Speedmaster quartz chronograph....

High expectations and replicas do not mix. In fact I think high expectations and luxury stainless steel watches don't mix. The first time I handled gen Rolex and gen AP i was mildly disappointed.

I think the VS sub is stand alone in quality - but no offense to the Submariner but it is much easier to replicate than a Daytona. Slab stainless steel case with basic brushing and basic parts and movement.

So noone can say. Quite frankly if your expectations are high then I don't reccomend stock replicas whatsoever.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07

Hello. First, there is no perfect copy, only as good as a quality replication gets. I trust you read the detailed review on page one?

I have a pre-raid VS 12 Sub LV and it is top, except for the bracelet and clasp (beautiful finishing, but not as tight and solid as ARF oyster). If I understood your question, I can say this new Clean 12 is on par and even excels in overall accuracy and quality than the VS 12 Sub. The new Clean also has by far the best Oyster bracelet ever. Hope this helps..

Last edited:
Reactions: aleks hk

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Just got the black in. It’s very well made, but to me, the white is so much better. It screams quality, summer, freshness, joy and much more. In my opinion the black is just a watch, which looks good. Miss my Panda. Maybe i’ll love the black more each day. We’ll see!

chrisat

23/3/24
In fact I think high expectations and luxury stainless steel watches don't mix. The first time I handled gen Rolex and gen AP i was mildly disappointed.
That feeling of disappointment gets even worse with some of the titanium models on the market, as they are so lightweight.
After a day with my 200g Seamaster Planet Ocean on the wrist, most other luxury watches feel a bit flimsy 🤣
Just got the black in. It’s very well made, but to me, the white is so much better. It screams quality, summer, freshness, joy and much more. In my opinion the black is just a watch, which looks good. Miss my Panda. Maybe i’ll love the black more each day. We’ll see!
Agreed. There are so many watches that only work with a dark dial anyways, so it's refreshing to have that model that looks so amazing with a white dial.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Or you’ll love the black dial more at night 😉

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
KlCnki.jpeg

I needed AR on the black 126500. What a difference. With sunlight the clean crystal is ok, but
in the shade the dial does‘t pop out. Now I am happy.

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
If someone wants to trade his white for my black, we can start a sales thread ;)

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
KlCnki.jpeg

I needed AR on the black 126500. What a difference. With sunlight the clean crystal is ok, but
in the shade the dial does‘t pop out. Now I am happy.
Nice. Which crystal is it?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
Nice. Which crystal is it?
deep, it still shows some reflection. Very close to the gen.I have compared it with a gen crystal which I have on my Pepsi.
In real life, how many people out of 10000 would know that this is a Rolex Daytona? I guess maybe 2. And out of these 2 how many would see the difference to the gen crystal? It happened once in my life that a guy said, oh, you have a Daytona..lol

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
deep, it still shows some reflection. Very close to the gen.I have compared it with a gen crystal which I have on my Pepsi.
In real life, how many people out of 10000 would know that this is a Rolex Daytona? I guess maybe 2. And out of these 2 how many would see the difference to the gen crystal? It happened once in my life that a guy said, oh, you have a Daytona..lol
Same with stock cf crystal, no one will ever tell the difference… but who wants full clarity the deep crystal is way to go..

Reactions: m5smg2

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Thanks. All great points..

Reactions: guru

Adskee

26/9/21

Arrived yesterday. 36 hours later, keeping time to the second. To the second! Winds much more smoothly than my other reps. This is my 6th rep and 18th watch in total, and this is the prettiest, loveliest, most awesome watch I've ever seen. Ok, ok, I probably say that every time. But this time I mean it. After 3 years waiting my in line for a gen, not sure why I bothered. If I do get one now, I'll definitely sell it.

It always makes me laugh having spent days or weeks analysing macro shots, how little you can actually see in real life :ROFLMAO: when it arrives. I can barely read the text. Although my 44 year old eyes are going rapidly blind, so there is that. Anyway, it looks epic. And of course, white all the way for the Daytona (sorry). Maybe because my darker urges are satisfied by my Speedy. But the Daytona just looks ridiculously good in white.