• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 126500 Daytona review

mrsammyp

Getting To Know The Place
26/3/24
I got one 12 panda last week too.
Having had many Daytonas including frankens and gens(all sold) I can say that this Clean 12 is insane.
Quality of materials, feeling and appearance are really as gen.
I prefer this new model because of the PM case shape that hugs my wrist so good.
Also sel fitment is incredible, exactly as gen, thigh and precise.
I have also an 11 panda(clean v3) on it's way as I wanted to put them side by side to understand which one could be better but I already know that I'll end up keeping both.
750€ for a 1:1 gen watch is nothing if you consider that you can wear it without worrying too much about scratches or whatever (in case of gen watches it would kill the resell price).
It's a non sense to get a gen if you plan to wear and enjoy it.
The only issue is what happened to @japer
A watch like this is gen for 99,9% of the people so you have to be careful exactly as you are wearing the good one.
What a watch !
Agreed - it has to be NWBIG

aHero

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
Ok I agree. I said it before I'll say it again

Deep isnt most gen like but it is the most enjoyable crystal to show the face.

On the 116x

BTF - most gen like
Deep - most enjoyable/beautiful
Clean - acceptable

Some of us don't care about chasing gen. I don't care if its too clear or about a bevelled edge.

I.e here is two comparison pictures in similar condition. Very easy to tell which one is Deep and Clean

Here's a bonus. You think this looks good? The reflectiveness looks like shit

Exactly this.

Reactions: Hasslebank

chrisat

23/3/24
Agreed - it has to be NWBIG
Next version, when they get the "CHRONOMETER" print on the dial right. It looks pretty much like "CHRONOME TE R" now. It's a dead giveaway on photos, but it can also be seen with the naked eye - it's a small, but irritating flaw.

findingtime384

12/4/24
Florida
How is the reliability/durability of the movement?

Any issues with DOA?

Any issues with functioning of the chronograph? Is it like an A7750 where you literally can’t use the chrono or it will break?

Dexxter

21/3/24
How is the reliability/durability of the movement?

Any issues with DOA?

Any issues with functioning of the chronograph? Is it like an A7750 where you literally can’t use the chrono or it will break?
Nope. Just needed to be regulated after arrival. Runs with almost +/-1 sec. a day when fully winded. The chrono works more than awsome. I did measure a drive that was almost two hours. I started the iPhone timer and the Watch timer at the same time (might be different a view micro seconds) but after almost two hours it was the same. And whats even more impressive, it did not loose the standard time and did run almost 48h after that withoit winding an just staying in the box.

Reactions: m5smg2 and Keentje

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
Ok I agree. I said it before I'll say it again

Deep isnt most gen like but it is the most enjoyable crystal to show the face.

On the 116x

BTF - most gen like
Deep - most enjoyable/beautiful
Clean - acceptable

Some of us don't care about chasing gen. I don't care if its too clear or about a bevelled edge.

I.e here is two comparison pictures in similar condition. Very easy to tell which one is Deep and Clean

Here's a bonus. You think this looks good? The reflectiveness looks like shit

Ive got the BTF 116500 black dial with CF dial installed. In the sun the sub dials reflect on to the crystal badly i hate it

Reactions: Reaps

domiffm

handsome
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Black one arrived now as well. Very nice, but prefer the white one. And overall, nothing beats the old 11 refs. But still nice watches.
IMG-8906.jpg

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
Hard to capture on camera but you get the idea

Yup. I own multiple BTFs and I can say strongly it's worth it to switch to Deep. It also disproves the "BTF is using deep" crystals myth that is floating around.

If you're in the outdoors or sunlight alot or near the equator then deep is mandatory.

Hasslebank

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Yup. I own multiple BTFs and I can say strongly it's worth it to switch to Deep. It also disproves the "BTF is using deep" crystals myth that is floating around.

If you're in the outdoors or sunlight alot or near the equator then deep is mandatory.
They indeed used deep but an earlier batch which compared to the recent ones is rudimentary

Reactions: m5smg2

Heisenberg

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/1/11
Great review, thank you. Just ordered the black & white 126500 CF pair.

Reactions: m5smg2

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Great review, thank you. Just ordered the black & white 126500 CF pair.
Thanks. And you’ve chosen wisely by ordering both, avoiding the torture of choosing only one 😉