• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Christmas Giveaway to ALL Members

clellandm

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/10/08
Merry Christmas to the members of RWI, thanks for the education I have picked up from the whole group.

A special thanks goes to Fake Master for the 5 great SMP Boxsets he pulled together. I was lucky enough to get the fourth of the series and it is beautiful!

Goofy

Known Member
16/3/06
Just a Christmas shout out to Coop and to Maxlove, I hope the stones are gone forever.

JMS

9/12/08
rangers158 - You probably don't know who I am, but you reviewed a watch and pointed me in the right direction to purchase my first Bell & Ross rep. Can't wait to get it, many thanks.

Just a quick note, it is surprising how many people have a genuine interest in our dark hobby. I was expecting to come here and be flamed for my lack of knowledge on certain 'eta' etc. but I have been surprised how helpful everybody has been. So instead of joining RWI to grab a good rep and leave, I find myself checking the forums a few times a day and its starting to become a obsession :/. Happy holidays to every on at RWI especially rangers158.

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
This may shock a lot of people.... but.... I am going to say I am thankful for Seanf... there was a period of time this year where I was thinking of quitting the forum... Seanf was the one who made the phone call and talked me out of it....

You'll see Seanf and I bicker and banter a lot... but I have a great deal of respect for him and consider him a friend... he is the yang to my yin...

KinCaidk

Known Member
13/12/08
First post on the forum :)

I wish Tootall a merry christmas and a happy new year.
The reason.: I am about to get my new Strap from him for my first rep watch.
A PAM 005.
I didn't even recieve the watch yet, but I just know that the strap from Tootall is going to make this watch a keeper.!
I appreciate that people around here take the time and effort to answer all the noob questions. I've done so much reading here the last few days, and looked for an opportunity to make my first post. But all the questions I had, was answered using the search button. :D

As for Tootall (and a lot of others around here) craftmanship in that caliber, doens't come around easy.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year from Denmark.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
LegendOfSpeed said:
This may shock a lot of people.... but.... I am going to say I am thankful for Seanf... there was a period of time this year where I was thinking of quitting the forum... Seanf was the one who made the phone call and talked me out of it....

You'll see Seanf and I bicker and banter a lot... but I have a great deal of respect for him and consider him a friend... he is the yang to my yin...

Since it's the Christmas spirit, I'll come clean as well. LoS has been one of my favorite members for a long, long time. Way before he was a mod. When LoS was still just a regular member, he had the guts to speak out about something that was pretty divisive (for those who remember, it was the TTK thing). I didn't necessarily agree with him, but he raised some really important questions that challenged all of us on the Mod Squad, and asked for some answers. Ever since that posting, we've endeavored to be a lot more transparent and open in our dealings (which, again for long timers, you'll recall is pretty much the opposite of how we used to handle it).

LoS and D4M have worked tirelessly over the last six months to make this place better. They mended bridges with old RWI members, they've tried very hard to promote inter-fora cooperation, they've taken some controversial--but necessary-- actions, and they've done all of this for the good of the forum.

I won't lie and say that it's always been fun and wine and roses being a mod and admin here. There were times when I've wanted to just chuck the towel in. But pepole like D4M and LoS always brought me back and made this place fun. So, for what it's worth, I'm proud and honored to call D4M and LoS my friends. This goes for the rest of the Mod Squad as well. You guys really have made me enjoy logging on to RWI.

Roman23

Horology Curious
21/6/08
Merry christmas and a happy new year to Precious Time and all other RWI Members.

Happy holidays.

Brgds
Roman

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Merry Christmas to everyone! I would like to take this time to thank you all for making RWI what it is.

A special thanks and greeting goes to Maxlove, a really amazing guy, need I say more? :p 8)

Of course I also have to point out my friend here D4M who I enjoy chatting with on gmail whenever I get the chance and somehow corrupt him little by little by introducing him to 4chan... ;)

Spirit: ?_?

7th: I enjoy the chats we have in the shout box along with Spirit :)

... so many of you guys!

As for everyone... I really do enjoy giving you a nice shock every now and then, I guess it *feeds* me.... ahem, er... ... ... wait did I just write that? Oh shi-!

fuuuu.jpg

:wink:

Merry Christmas Everyone! ~Screw political correctness, it's Christmas for me!~ :mrgreen:

gillorin

6/9/06
Happy Holidays to everyone at RWI!
I don't post a whole lot (here or anywhere) but I always appreciate the wealth of knowledge readily shared among members here. This forum helped my through a very rough patch when I didn't have much at all to do but read so thank you to all of the members!
That same rough patch I went through was a real eye opener to me and it helped me to realize I had been taking a lot for granted. I don't wish that any of you go through what I did but I do hope that in the coming year each and every one of you receive a blessing as great as I did, and are able to appreciate the good in life as it comes and for what it is. Love all of your friends and family as much as possible, enjoy every day rainy or not, and as hard as it is try to laugh whenever possible, especially in lieu of getting angry. Best wishes fellas!
-Mike

Dewey Dog

19/6/08
Merry Christmas and my best to Klink. Didn't often agree with him and he clearly had to go but I still wish him better health and happiness in the coming year. DD

D

d4m.test

I am currently on a remote jobsite on land and am using my phone...so apologies in advance if this SNAFUs.

I don't want this to sound cheesy, but it is indeed heartfelt and genuine.

It has been a rough year for me on a number of fronts. My job situation went from bad to worse, my marriage ended, I had and lost what I thought was a good woman, and just a run of bad luck in general. But as they say, God looks after drunks fools and children...and I was no exception. And, in the end, things started looking up and I have a few people to thank for it...

2003Mach1 - When we talked and you found out about my iffy job situation, you offered to make some phone calls. Because of you getting my foot in the door (I had to go to the interviews!), I now have a great job with a great company in my chosen career. I still can't thank you enough. It is my Christmas wish for you that God blesses not only your career in every way, but uses it to bless your family as well. Thank you, D.

doctorron - We became friends at the first GTG and little did I know that I would have to call upon that friendship. You know what is between us... and in my darkest hours, you helped me more than you will ever know. I can't thank you enough for you doing what you do. While it might be an everyday thing for you, it meant a great deal to me. I will never forget it. It is my Christmas wish for you that God takes the talents that you have and multiplies it. And, through the great work that you do in helping others, that the blessings will be passed along to your family and your heirs. Thank you, R.

indyberetta - We also became friends at the first GTG. And, since then, you have become one of my best and closest friends. I have learned a great deal about a great many things because of you, and I greatly appreciate your wisdom, your advice, your counsel and your friendship. You, too, came to my aid in my time of need, and I can't begin to tell you just how much it meant to me. Were it not for some of the nightly phone calls and beer calls, I don't know what I would have done those nights. You are truly a great friend, and I am honored to call you such. It is my Christmas wish to you that, in your new career, the children that will be blessed to have you as a teacher, that God will bless them to take that knowledge and do great things with it. Thank you, M.

brtelec - My ballheaded brother from a different mother! We went from meeting online, sharing the same industry and sharing the same passion for our hobby, to turning it into an offline friendship. You, too, have become one of my closest friends on the planet, and I can't begin to tell you just how honored I am. You have done a great deal for me...from the phone calls, the e-mails, the GTGs, the care package - you name it - it is a debt of gratitude that I cannot even begin to repay. For the man who has everything, my Christmas wish for you is that God will bless your children and your children's children. May they all be everything you are and more. Thank you, B.

To D4M, LOS, the rest of the admin staff, MODs, Dealers and members of RWI - Thank you for all of the hard work that you all do, day in and day out, to make our hobby, our community and our forum the best out there by far, and creating a home for all of us to enjoy. Thank you for providing for us, for educating us, and giving back to this our hobby. It is my Christmas wish for each and everyone of you that God will bless you and your families with health, prosperity and goodness now and in the New Year. And a decent watch or two!

I cannot forget one last person...BabyGirl - It is my wish and my prayer that you have found a happiness and love that you have never known before. All I ever wanted was the very best for you. I hope you now have it. Despite what has happened, I forgive you. Godspeed to you and your new life, and may it be blessed beyond belief.

Again, for those who know how I am, this comes from the heart. Merry Christmas to everyone, from me to each and every one of you. And a safe (had to say it B!), prosperous and blessed 2009.

toolman

Known Member
7/3/08
My sincerest Holiday wishes go out to PIX. PIX was the guy that took pictures of watches that always seemed to catch my eye regardless of the watch he was shooting. He could make any watch look like a million bucks. What I find most unique about his style was that he shot all watches not just the super mega reps. If he found an interesting piece he would shoot it just like any other.
Pix, happy holidays, and I look forward to that next photo shoot.

toolman

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
Ok I did a general holiday greeting on my earlier post because I am not in the competition for the watch, but I feel compelled to post this now. I would also like to send out a special Seasons Greetings to Pix. When I got involved in this sickness we call a hobby, Pix was the first person I did a members purchase from and it really set the tone for my interacting on the board and not just lurking and buying from the dealers. Over the last couple of years he has proven to be one of my favorite members and a genuinely nice guy. Pix, I still have the Quartz Tag Aquaracer.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
:oops: these are kind words both, Christmas spirit is in the house :D
Thx !
Brtelec : I still have your Omega catalogue...

Triodus

20/5/08
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to send a quick note to all of you, especially all of the usual suspects from the Houston Area GTG group. My most sincere Christmas wishes for all to have a safe and happy holiday. I raise my glass to all of you. Yes, Really, I'm raising it right now( a little of my favorite adult beverage) and toasting you all. Hope to see you all again soon!

"SOF"

MAP511

Looking Around
3/3/08
Best Holiday wishes out to SubSeeker. You mods do the heavy lifting around here and we surely appreciate that. Happy Holidays to all!!! -- Z.

nielsen

I'm Pretty Popular
22/1/08
I know I am to send a specific Christmas greeting, and will do so in a minute. Firstly, however, I'd like to extend best wishes to everyone on the forum. I discovered this place a little less than a year ago and found an instant welcome. In particular I'd like to thank the many senior members and experts, people like D4M, LOS, Fakey, et al, who took the time to answer yet more inane questions from yet another noob. You did so with grace and good humour. Thank you all.

My specific Christmas greeting goes to Hooligan and his family because I think I leaned on him more than anyone for advice PAM-wise. This must have been quite the task since I didn't know that there was such a thing as a PAM at this time last year. I now have 3!

Finally, Merry Christmas to everyone on the forum. This is an odd Christmas for me. I'm stuck on Vancouver Island in a huge snowstorm, unable to get together with my wife and daughter who are stuck in Vancouver. Bummer! It is, however, very pretty and at least I have some family here.