• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

TYL88

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/17
So did u paint the underside of the blue or just the red?
Thanks!!

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
On topic: I feel like everyone is getting the jubilee, and I know the end links are a quick visual tell. But how is the bracelet overall? Is it comfortable or does it feel like a DHgate special? What about the PCL version? I feel like I only saw one person post a shot of it, any reviews on that bracelet?

Bracelet is great. However on my second CF that I am wearing now, I went Oyster and love it as well. If anyone is on the fence, I would say to ask their TD to sell them an additional bracelet and go back and forth.

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
Bracelet is great. However on my second CF that I am wearing now, I went Oyster and love it as well. If anyone is on the fence, I would say to ask their TD to sell them an additional bracelet and go back and forth.

That's great to know! Although I feel like I would rather get the glidelock that comes with the smurf (or really even just the normal sub) if I was doing the oyster. I suspect I'd have to do some digging to figure out which parts to match up for that project though

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
That's great to know! Although I feel like I would rather get the glidelock that comes with the smurf (or really even just the normal sub) if I was doing the oyster. I suspect I'd have to do some digging to figure out which parts to match up for that project though
Holes are in wrong place you can't just mount a sub bracelet

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
bleh, thats too bad. I don't understand why rolex doesn't glidelock all of their sports models. I just snagged a gen gmt and it caught me by surprise. Even the micro tool adjustment looks worse than previous versions, you basically need springbar tweezers to adjust it. Why would they redesign that rather than just include their superior clasp! And dont even get me started on the daytonas :'(

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
So did u paint the underside of the blue or just the red?
Thanks!!

Entire underside, although the paint does not have any effect on the blue as far as I can see. It's just easier to spray the entire underside.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18

You can fit a (non 126610) Sub Glidelock clasp on a GMT oyster bracelet, I have several set up that way. The links adjacent to each type of clasp are the same, although some factory samples may have some slight variances.

One of the first things I did after getting into reps was put a Glidelock clasp on my gen 16710. Best upgrade possible to that watch. That and an AR cyclops (6 digit) crystal.

20200224-105737.jpg

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
bleh, thats too bad. I don't understand why rolex doesn't glidelock all of their sports models. I just snagged a gen gmt and it caught me by surprise. Even the micro tool adjustment looks worse than previous versions, you basically need springbar tweezers to adjust it. Why would they redesign that rather than just include their superior clasp! And dont even get me started on the daytonas :'(

They do not put glidelock on everything because it is designed to fit over a wetsuit. These are meant to be tool watches, and GMT and other models are not designed to wear over a wetsuit.

The GMT, Daytona, etc have "Easylink" which expands the bracelet slightly in a pinch, no tools needed.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I'd like to see a shorter version of the glidelock across all the sports models. Easy link is a bit too much for one increment. If you could glide a length slightly longer than an easy link say 3x 2mm increments, that'd be cool.. easy link is 5mm, take it or leave it.

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
They do not put glidelock on everything because it is designed to fit over a wetsuit. These are meant to be tool watches, and GMT and other models are not designed to wear over a wetsuit.

The GMT, Daytona, etc have "Easylink" which expands the bracelet slightly in a pinch, no tools needed.

I understand what you're saying, but it still seems wrong. Hell, the DSSD's come with a folding extension in addition to the glidelock. Like yes, on paper, what you said makes sense. From a luxury brand standpoint, it doesn't. The glidelock is probably the best clasp ever made, so why they don't fit it to their entire range, or at least offer it as an option, is crazy. The 5mm easylink works it just feels so crappy compared to the "cheaper" sub

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
I understand what you're saying, but it still seems wrong. Hell, the DSSD's come with a folding extension in addition to the glidelock. Like yes, on paper, what you said makes sense. From a luxury brand standpoint, it doesn't. The glidelock is probably the best clasp ever made, so why they don't fit it to their entire range, or at least offer it as an option, is crazy. The 5mm easylink works it just feels so crappy compared to the "cheaper" sub

Another option for you is just source and put an ARF Smurf bracelet on your CF GMT. Hazing did that on one of his GMTs. Odd that ARF would even have that bracelet since they don't make a Smurf, but indeed they did send him one.

If you don't mind non-PCL bracelets, any 116x Sub bracelet that fits the CF case will work. I have one done that way myself.

16107313657091.jpg

Last edited:

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19

Remember, nothing Rolex does is accidental. They chose not to put the glide lock on a model and they have very specific reasons why.

The gmt isn’t just a clasp without the glide lock. It has a different look and feel. It is shorter in length also. I know a few people who can not wear dove watches because of the way the dive clasp puts pressure on their wrist, it hurts. There’s was a popular member on trf who even wrote about it in several threads with the rlsd and how they just could wear it.

So all I am saying is there are certain design elements that Rolex wants on certain models. The dive clasp is something that Rolex wants on dive models only. And you can be sure they have reasons why they don’t put it on there.

I have a few theories on why but bottom line Ie that it is an intentional decision by Rolex.

f370166dea260f62702456a0533852c5.jpg

But as KJ mentioned, I added an arf Smurf bracelet on my gmt. My cousin has a gen LN gmt and loved the glide lock with the pcl, I ordered one for him and he uses that to keep his gen bracelet brand new as well as giving him access to the glide lock. It is a great feature that once you get used to is tough to go without.

1fb669c9d026b72b48e6d6de4cd4f6ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
Sadly i got the rootbeer, so i dont really have an option of finding a rep glidelock to slip in. My current plan is to look for a tt dj36, gen or rep, to swap in. If im going to suffer without a glidelock i want to suffer in style!

Last edited:

Rubiss

19/9/21
hello everyone
what do you think of this sapphire crystal from aliexpress?
I would like to put it on my clean factory cf GMT Batman 126710

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
Sadly i got the rootbeer, so i dont really have an option of finding a rep glidelock to slip in. My current plan is to look for a tt dj36, gen or rep, to swap in. If im going to suffer without a glidelock i want to suffer in style!

Look on Ali Express or DHGATE for an RG Glidelock
They are available, just saw these. Alternately you could have an SS one plated for not that much, especially if you are talking about a TT.

These will have the Rolex logo, it's just not shown in ad pics

jQUrrv.jpg

Last edited:

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH

IMHO there is no AR (under the cyclops), that means no black whole effect. Moreover the Xtal on your picture seems not clear enough. As emergency replacement it might be OK for a while. But it's not a final solution.

*just my 2 cents*