• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Caution when paying with a credit-card on TD websites.

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
I had issues setting up and using Wise. It was an inconvenience for me so I stay with PP or card with a trustworthy TD

Reactions: Dave2302

Taima

Looking Around
14/3/24
Wise remains the go-to

I don't suppose you would know if/how they handle disputes? My major concern is with the recent raids, a vendor being raided and not being able to follow through on the watch. There's nothing better for that than a chargeback on CC (Which I have NEVER done for anything, and I love and respect my watch vendor, it's just nice having the peace of mind).

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
I don't suppose you would know if/how they handle disputes? My major concern is with the recent raids, a vendor being raided and not being able to follow through on the watch. There's nothing better for that than a chargeback on CC (Which I have NEVER done for anything, and I love and respect my watch vendor, it's just nice having the peace of mind).

I pay Wise through credit card not bank link. So I can chargeback the card if needed, I guess.
Wise also has a dispute system but I don’t think it will go anywhere.

I would say that if the TD gets screwed to a point where he cannot make a comeback to RwI and honor his sales, then I would tend to write off the money. Especially if he is one with whom I have a longstanding relationship (which I don’t with none btw)

Taima

Looking Around
14/3/24
Good call thanks mate. I do happen to have a strong relationship. I'll look into Wise.