• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can the newly released XF V2 FC Diver 15706 be considered a super rep?

MrOptional

8/10/18
So I reached out to 4th TD today, Puretime, and was told that XF has updated the bezel and DW. Bezel now comes brushed. WHY?!!?! :(

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I guess they ran out of spare parts. That would explain why they use the same bezel and DW as on the 15707. hopefully a matter of time untill they restock their production.

MrOptional

8/10/18
This is what I was told by almost every TD, including Sead, PureTime, InTime, Trusty, Marvelous, etc. I am told that the new XF v2 comes, and will come going forward with a brushed bezel, because it's correct bezel. And now the correct DW. I agree that on AP website the bezel is not brushed, but just conveying what TD's told me.

I was able to locate some Gens for sale, and some really do have brushed bezels. I am guessing like SuperLory said it depends on a year and servicing. Right now I am debating whether to get these watch with brushed bezel or not. I love the watch, don't know if brushed bezel is enough to stop me from getting it. I see 12 o'clock is slightly misaligned but its no biggie I think.

Here is a link to Gens for sale with brushed bezel for example. https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=628964

And here are some pics of the ones that I am thinking to get, can't decide, apparently the brushing is the new norm. Although I prefer non brushed. But legend told me that in regular lighting conditions this will looks just like black ceramic bezel.

91ahD.png

915cU.png

913Kh.png

91OPs.png

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
At first I did not know what you guys were talking about. The bezel is brushed, yes it is not polished for sure :) But now I see it. I have a XF V2 and my bezel is like the Gen in the link Grimusa provided. Way different like the way the bezel is finished in the pictures above.

This is a mega "taste question issue" Good luck with making a choice grimusa

Mine:

Last edited:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
For anyone that would want the original one, hit me up and we’ll arrange a trade through the forum. I have an original xf v2 with the old style bezel lying around

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
"laying around" hahahahaha You remember where? It should be here somewhere, Sorry, like this humor no offence QueTip

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
"laying around" hahahahaha You remember where? It should be here somewhere, Sorry, like this humor no offence QueTip

Somewhere deep down my drawer with unattentioned builds and parts it is, I am sure hahaha! None taken mate!

Reactions: stanevo6

MrOptional

8/10/18
I have two questions.

1) Does anyone wear this watch with yellow strap?
2) Are there any female members on this forum?

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I have two questions.

1) Does anyone wear this watch with yellow strap?
2) Are there any female members on this forum?

Yes x2

zoabrigo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/12/16
This is what I was told by almost every TD, including Sead, PureTime, InTime, Trusty, Marvelous, etc. I am told that the new XF v2 comes, and will come going forward with a brushed bezel, because it's correct bezel. And now the correct DW. I agree that on AP website the bezel is not brushed, but just conveying what TD's told me.

I was able to locate some Gens for sale, and some really do have brushed bezels. I am guessing like SuperLory said it depends on a year and servicing. Right now I am debating whether to get these watch with brushed bezel or not. I love the watch, don't know if brushed bezel is enough to stop me from getting it. I see 12 o'clock is slightly misaligned but its no biggie I think.

Here is a link to Gens for sale with brushed bezel for example. https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=628964

And here are some pics of the ones that I am thinking to get, can't decide, apparently the brushing is the new norm. Although I prefer non brushed. But legend told me that in regular lighting conditions this will looks just like black ceramic bezel.

91ahD.png

915cU.png

913Kh.png

91OPs.png

Which td are you getting this beauty from?

Sent from the RWI mobile app

zoabrigo

30/12/16
Yes, all the info written here apply to this version. I got this particular version but not from trusty as I had direct connection to someone I trust in rep industry. I did pay him a little bit more for better quality though.

If you don't like modding, don't do it and it remains one of the best reps OOTB. just FYI I have done two moddings in the last month: flexible endlinks ($30, shipping included), and JF caseback ($40+$10 changing caseback fee at a local watchsmith). It is very easy to source a HF or JF caseback and I recommend you to change the caseback. Modding for me is relatively inexpensive and effortless as I am located in Asia. The watchsmith in my community happens to be a retiree from SeaGull who moved from Tianjin to my city. He is superb in technique and solves a lot of troublesome problems at a very low price (I usually pay him about $10).

This watch is stunning on my wrist and I like when others think there is no crystal on the watch. XF used a very high quality 1xAR crystal which feels genlike. If everything goes well and there are no other high quality reps that I like (VC overseas 47040, the current JJF 9015 version sucks, or PP aquanaut) available in the market in the next two years. I will do further moddings on this watch, which may include the change of some internal parts and crystal or cyclop... anything can happen in a relatively long term though.

Hi can you pm me the td where you got yours from? I am also interested in this watch thanks

zoabrigo

30/12/16
SuperLory
dashindark

Hey guys, I reached our to two other TDs and asked them for recent QC pics of 15706. Below are pics of two different 15706 from XF. Are they both wrong as well? I’m going to try one last TD and after that I’m not really sure what else to do. I guess maybe XF came up with an update.. don’t know.

Which TD sells the one on the top pic? I would like to buy there.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Hi can you pm me the td where you got yours from? I am also interested in this watch thanks

I can't because he is not a TD here and I thus am not allowed to do so.

Thanks for quoting what I said before. I have done so much more moddings than I planned... After changing the movement to mido C80 I basically have changed everything in this watch except for the caseset which XF made perfect in my opinion.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Did they miss ghost lines on numeral same JF ? I didn’t study this one what the flaw in this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12
Did they miss ghost lines on numeral same JF ? I didn’t study this one what the flaw in this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I know, none of the rep Divers have ghost outline on the market so far.