• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Calling all omega PO fans and dealers , warning !!!

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
i have no name to say right now cause im pretty sure the dealer didnt know but it could be happening to all dealers , this new ultimate PO 45mm that is said to have a eta 2824 may in fact be a chinese copy eta , i have gotten one in recently for a relume and noticed it because i was asked to check and make sure it is swiss eta for my customer and i did and ouch, no eta and it fooled me ,,,because it looks and run just like a eta 2824 , parts look identical, finish is nice like eta (i actually feel it may be using eta parts ) but it is not stamped eta , so i felt it was my duty to our beloved forum and my friends to be aware of this and make sure u get what u pay for , and to our wonderful dealers, i think u should make sure on this particular watch before advertising it is eta swiss , maybe your suppliers r not telling u the truth

thanks

joe

edited :

i got many request how to tell so i decided to do a little pictorial for my fellow watchaholics, lol just remember if someone flames me on being a little behind on there watches then u have to take up for me and say he was busy helping us from getting scammed , lmao (in other words i need someone to have my back, roflmao)

ok the first pics is of the imposter and i wrote things in the pics so u can see where to look and what to look for

second is of the real swiss eta 2824 , now u can see the stampings im referring to
(this pic came out smaller for some macro reasons compared to the imposters pic but u can see it good enough i believe , meaybe i zoomed too much or something)

this is a pic of the imposter from another angle and some scenarios i believe

and another picture of the real swiss eta so u can see there is not much of a difference , scary huh?

i hope this was helpful to u guys

joe

CISO1969

I'm Pretty Popular
26/8/06
Joe:

There is a version called the "Ultimate light" because it is using an Asian 2824 copy. I think Trusty or Josh sells these too.

Diod your customer confirm he was supposed to have the Swiss?

CISO

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
thanks for sharing this info...is the rotor of the fake ETA running on a ball bearing ?
i feared that even these movements were asian versions...sigh...we are all being fooled and kied to everyday.....

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
CISO1969 said:
Joe:

There is a version called the "Ultimate light" because it is using an Asian 2824 copy. I think Trusty or Josh sells these too.

Diod your customer confirm he was supposed to have the Swiss?

CISO

yes , he asked me to confirm it to be swiss eta , he paid top dollar

joe

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
horologie_unitas said:
thanks for sharing this info...is the rotor of the fake ETA running on a ball bearing ?
i feared that even these movements were asian versions...sigh...we are all being fooled and kied to everyday.....

im telling u this movment looks just like the swiss , it fooled me at first and if my customer didnt insist on me making sure i would have never noticed no stampings ,its really that good of a copy movment

joe

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
God damn it

I knew that was going to happen.
It was only a matter of time.

The minute I saw that some of our good dealers were putting out the same esthetically made PO's and Superoceans but with Asian copies of ETA?? I knew something was up.

I was something fishy was brewing up...Maybe this just proves my hunch that eventually the factories will replace the depleted supply of ETA's with copies of ETA's and that will just all we'll be able to get for a while?

Or maybe some suppliers are f8cking with our dealers and that is matter between dealer and factory over there in China...

Unless dealers learn to live with it but not telling us and get away with it for awhile??

It was only a matter of time until of our watch connaisseurs caught on to this "scam"???

hat do you guys this??

Conspiracy theory or just one of those little white lies (Pug,Klink)

CISO1969

I'm Pretty Popular
26/8/06
great :? So what worries me is that dealers will be told these are "Real" swis and they will then of course pass that on to you as "real " swiss.

So what things should we look out for? maybe best to discuss via PM as by stating these here will we be responsible for the next generation fakes to be improved

Any hints if you could save as a "macro" to cut and paste and PM to people on how to tell would be incredibly useful info

CISO

dawg

I'm Pretty Popular
1/1/07
Joe, Do you happen to have pics of this movement for reference?

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
But I am thinking

It could have been just a mishap on the part of the dealer?

Wrong watch mailed?

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
the first thing I did when I received my po was to open it and look for that eta stamp.

it is sad that the some dealers are resorting to this just to make an extra buck.

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Re: But I am thinking

paneraifreak said:
It could have been just a mishap on the part of the dealer?

Wrong watch mailed?

No, it was dressed up to be a swiss, that's the point!
Even the dealer could be fooled on it. Not saying that the dealer is asking for this, maybe they were fooled too?? Maybe Not.. I be if you ask them I know what they will say.. Who will ever know, unless you are friends with the clerk at the factory! :D

daytona4me

Chinese Shrimp Rider
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Novesh said:
the first thing I did when I received my po was to open it and look for that eta stamp.

So let me go paranoid, Look at the quality of these reps,, you mean that they cant even create an ETA stamp?

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
dawg , pics r up now for u to see

to all others now u have something to compare by (btw the real swiss eta 2824 pics comes from rivers PO 45mm he sales for 199 usd , i bought 2 and they both have the marking u see above

hope this helps
joe

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
onj said:
Is This Swiss?? How can you tell?

yes i believe yours to be a swiss eta 2824 , see compared to the pics i provided above , u have the correct markings and trademarks stamp, now thank your dealer, lol

but keep in mind my customer bought his from a dealers picture showing swiss eta and didnt get the same thing that was shown in the picture , so u should check to see if yours has the same markings , this is the reason for the thread basically

joe

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
dawg said:
Thanks for the pics Joe!! You are the man!!

just trying to educate and make sure we all get what we pay for :D

thanks
joe