• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buyer Beware: Bad QC? Too bad for you!

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Here are the links to the QC photos.

Rolex Yacht Master (VSF) and video

My main feedback was
1- On the bezel is scratched, on 5m marker, between 35-40m, 45m marker, the 5 of the 50m marker.
2- The crown looks chewed up
3- The strap looks used and dirty

Summary, noticeably less than pristine, especially compared to the previous two watches One and Two (video) I bought from him, see how pristine and clean they are? night and day compare to this 3rd watch.

The Cellini is truly perfect, the JLC is good but not fantastic, the case doesn't align perfectly and the movement was a bit loose inside, but both were absolutely cosmetically flawless in QC.

I'm sorry to ask but did you smoke some crack?

cheshire190

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/9/22
From the pics I think it looks great. More than acceptable to GL imo.

The black strap has some light fluff on it but nothing a clean won't fix. They always attract dust

Reactions: Cosmic420

connery77

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
16/8/11
Just looks like possibly some schmutz and smudges to me.

SGWatchBuyer

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/10/22
@yerrge, @nofitstate, @BMW760, @domiffm, @Tucker.

Thanks for your feedback. I totally understand your points of views and your impressions on quality, then why would he validate the claim by volunteer a refund immediately after the slightest pushback, within minutes, without request...

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
then why would he validate the claim by volunteer a refund immediately after the slightest pushback, within minutes, without request...
Because there is nothing really wrong with the watch. If he got you another one, you would likely find fault with that one too. He is probably viewing you as someone he does not want to do business with. It's in his best interest to give you a refund and be done with it. Selling illegal merchandise in China and shipping it off is enough to deal with......

SGWatchBuyer

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/10/22
Because there is nothing really wrong with the watch. If he got you another one, you would likely find fault with that one too. He is probably viewing you as someone he does not want to do business with. It's in his best interest to give you a refund and be done with it. Selling illegal merchandise in China and shipping it off is enough to deal with......
Sure, ok, i can agree with that, but then to not refund ? seems like bad business planning, it opens up to this type of crap.

I'm sure he'll lose 10-12 sales because of this thread.

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Sure, ok, i can agree with that, but then to not refund ? seems like bad business planning, it opens up to this type of crap.

I'm sure he'll lose 10-12 sales because of this thread.
So 2 good watches arrived that you're happy with, then 1 watch you don't approve (the watch is totally fine, I may add) and now you want him to lose 10-12(oddly specific) sales...

Interesting.

Reactions: P..DR..D

SGWatchBuyer

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/10/22
So 2 good watches arrived that you're happy with, then 1 watch you don't approve (the watch is totally fine, I may add) and now you want him to lose 10-12(oddly specific) sales...

Interesting.
Yes, because for right or wrong he offered refund, but then didn't actually refund and instead ghosted me...

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Yes, because for right or wrong he offered refund, but then didn't actually refund and instead ghosted me...
No one is going to lose a sale because a new member had 1 issue.

Do you know how many messages and orders TDs get every day? Believe it or not, us on the forums make up a small percentage of buyers.

I do hope you get your refund soon, I'm sure he's working on it. He's not going to jeopardize his TD status for 1 sale. TD's are also people with personal lives just like us. This isn't Amazon my friend

Reactions: P..DR..D

SGWatchBuyer

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/10/22

Do you know how many messages and orders TDs get every day? Believe it or not, us on the forums make up a small percentage of buyers.

I do hope you get your refund soon, I'm sure he's working on it. He's not going to jeopardize his TD status for 1 sale. TD's are also people with personal lives just like us. This isn't Amazon my friend
Correct, however there is a

SGWatchBuyer

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/10/22

Correct, however there is a certain expectation of not being ghosted, that's just bad for business.

SGWatchBuyer

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/10/22
You really think you're that important here that a dozen people won't buy because of you ? Not only are your blind, but you're also delusional.
I did not say that my intentions were to have him lose 10-12 sales, only that posts like this will cause him to lose sales, and cause others to question doing business with him.

When people come to my restaurant and leave a 1 star review because my basque cheese cake looks burnt (fyi that's how they are supposed to look) there is a significant drop in cheese cake sales for a week or two, this is just how online reviews work.

KushBandit

I'm Pretty Popular
13/8/18
Whisky-A-Go-Go
Unanswered messages since sept 26th, in my 5 months chatting with the guy he's never taken more than 2 days.
You don't think he may have a personal life? You must not realize that there is a Chinese national holiday going on at the moment. They can last for weeks at a time. You won't hear from a TD during that time. You're obviously new to all this.

Not to be rude, but this may not be the hobby for you. The watch is fine, you rejected it for non-existant issues you see that none of us veterans see. You don't show any respect to Hont, who is trusted for good reason. He'll refund you when he's available.