• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buyer Beware: Bad QC? Too bad for you!

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
Haha..that's fair..I didn't read that part...too bad I haven't gotten my refund..lol..this thread should still serve as a warning of how to set expectations...

Reactions: Nono92

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
I understand you can have a problem with a TD but referring to a post that has no credibility is not a good idea. You know that RWI will help you to find a solution.

Reactions: TESLA760

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Haha..that's fair..I didn't read that part...too bad I haven't gotten my refund..lol..this thread should still serve as a warning of how to set expectations...
Yes, at least a warranty of 6 months could exist. Some TD like Trustytime make it.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
You know what you won yourself ? All the TDs read these threads. Enjoy your next attempt at a purchase. All because you're a tool.

neslin

Horology Curious
3/11/22
Lots of abuse to a member with a legitimate claim. Last several threads i read where someone posted bad rep about a TD (not just this one) immediately bunch of people come in saying "omg this is not amazon what do you expect" and start bashing him without even looking at the claim.
Things are pretty clear, he was offered refund (for whatever reason), refund did not come and he was ghosted until he opened this thread. Only then he got a refund.

This forum is a great resource, but for some reasons some members are overly protective of any negative feedback about a TD. There's a reason this exists and someone is a TD. There's nothing shady going on. Being ghosted after refund is shady. If you stop allowing any negative feedback on TDs (and responses from members in this thread are way towards that), they will stop self regulating and here and there, won't send a refund. 1-2 will turn into 10-20, until it hits one of the members that is deemed "respectable" on the forum and then it will be "omg he was good now hes bad". Yes, im a new member, but i've spent reading shitton on the forum last couple weeks without a single post as there's nothing to contribute. Just glad admins have enough sense to keep these threads up.

mien

Horology Curious
19/2/22
Lots of abuse to a member with a legitimate claim. Last several threads i read where someone posted bad rep about a TD (not just this one) immediately bunch of people come in saying "omg this is not amazon what do you expect" and start bashing him without even looking at the claim.
Things are pretty clear, he was offered refund (for whatever reason), refund did not come and he was ghosted until he opened this thread. Only then he got a refund.

This forum is a great resource, but for some reasons some members are overly protective of any negative feedback about a TD. There's a reason this exists and someone is a TD. There's nothing shady going on. Being ghosted after refund is shady. If you stop allowing any negative feedback on TDs (and responses from members in this thread are way towards that), they will stop self regulating and here and there, won't send a refund. 1-2 will turn into 10-20, until it hits one of the members that is deemed "respectable" on the forum and then it will be "omg he was good now hes bad". Yes, im a new member, but i've spent reading shitton on the forum last couple weeks without a single post as there's nothing to contribute. Just glad admins have enough sense to keep these threads up.

The problem is that OP inflated some (at most) mild issues because OP was afraid he would not have gotten affirmation from the forum otherwise. When you read the story and then see the QC pics, it's comical.
What actually happend is, OP had a bad feeling about the watch, wanted a refund and did not get it and then opened fire on the vendor instead of staying calm. This is textbook Karen behaviour.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
The problem is that OP inflated some (at most) mild issues because OP was afraid he would not have gotten affirmation from the forum otherwise. When you read the story and then see the QC pics, it's comical.
What actually happend is, OP had a bad feeling about the watch, wanted a refund and did not get it and then opened fire on the vendor instead of staying calm. This is textbook Karen behaviour.
This is exactly what happened. There was absolutely NOTHING wrong with that watch. There was certainly no evidence that it was "rubbed against a brick wall, it had scratches on the bezel, the crown was damaged as if it was turned with a vice-grip..." It's insulting that OP thinks we are stupid enough to believe his bullshit. He had buyer's remorse and instead of doing the honorable thing by completing the transaction as he promised, he fabricated reasons to reject the watch. He could have just sold it on RWI for a slight loss. OP is as sorry as they come.

@neslin Members aren't protecting the TDs. There are many times when they need to be called out. It's all about the money for them. We need these reviews (both good and bad) to hold them accountable. However, many of us do get sick of the nitpicking and, as evidenced by this thread, the pure fabrication of issues with a watch. Have you ever required before you bought a genuine watch, highly magnified photographs of the watch from numerous angles? This entire QC process for these fake Chinese-made watches has gotten crazy.

Last edited:

neslin

Horology Curious
3/11/22
That is okay, he did exaggerate. But that was besides the point, he was offered refund and was ghosted, that is not okay. I mean seller can even reply "okay give me 1 week, 2 weeks etc", just so you know what's going on. If seller refused refund because of bad claims, that's for debate, but seller agreed to refund.
While on that, i don't see any reason to not refund someone immediately, these are not professional sellers that keep books so there's some accounting going on for a refund etc. If i send a wise/paypal payment, why cant that be returned swiftly? They're non-reversable.

In any case, these are not cheap replicas, it's 1:1 a lot of the times, very good quality in a lot of these watches (obviously all have differences from gen) but in general, i don't see a problem with him wanting a mint watch no scratches. I could live with his watch, but i understand some people can't. I mean these scratches would appear after 1 week of wearing it anyway but those are all besides the point i would say. It's important to have all these so TD's can self regulate.

For example, for me, showing me these scratches would never put me off from buying from this seller. Ghosting on a promised refund however, is disturbing. So if you imagine things transpired a bit differently, where OP complained about a watch he received with said QC pictures and was refused a refund, i would not take his side likely.

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
neslin, welcome to the community, i'm glad you're making informed decisions based on what you see. it's a disheartening community, i am on board with you, regardless of the situation, a refund was promised and it took forever to get it. i'm in the same boat, and perhaps i may make a post about it, but i'm not in the mood to have to justify this that and the third.

i do have trust though that regardless the time frame, with a td (this td specifically) things will eventually get sorted out. the issue is, that eventually aspect. in terms of getting a refund or something else, it's like someone borrowing money interest free. one can argue it comes with the territory, but that's why it's necessary to have post like this so it doesn't come too much as a surprised. is it right? probably not, but it's a grey market and it's the wild wild est.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
That is okay, he did exaggerate. But that was besides the point, he was offered refund and was ghosted, that is not okay. I mean seller can even reply "okay give me 1 week, 2 weeks etc", just so you know what's going on. If seller refused refund because of bad claims, that's for debate, but seller agreed to refund.
While on that, i don't see any reason to not refund someone immediately, these are not professional sellers that keep books so there's some accounting going on for a refund etc. If i send a wise/paypal payment, why cant that be returned swiftly? They're non-reversable.

In any case, these are not cheap replicas, it's 1:1 a lot of the times, very good quality in a lot of these watches (obviously all have differences from gen) but in general, i don't see a problem with him wanting a mint watch no scratches. I could live with his watch, but i understand some people can't. I mean these scratches would appear after 1 week of wearing it anyway but those are all besides the point i would say. It's important to have all these so TD's can self regulate.

For example, for me, showing me these scratches would never put me off from buying from this seller. Ghosting on a promised refund however, is disturbing. So if you imagine things transpired a bit differently, where OP complained about a watch he received with said QC pictures and was refused a refund, i would not take his side likely.
I agree regarding the communication IF that’s what actually happened. It doesn’t make any difference the type of business, you need to communicate with your customers. If a refund was promised a refund should be issued in a timely fashion.
I disagree with your perception of the quality of replicas. You’re new and I was probably disillusioned when I was new to the hobby. Despite your statement that replicas are “1:1 a lot of times” they are not. There is no such thing. They are knock-offs of luxury watches. They all have flaws. They have certainly become much better in the last 10-15 years, but they are still just replicas. There is nothing wrong with getting what you paid for but nitpicking and fabricating issues is not right.
Remember , this is the guy with multiple accounts who gave us this insightful analogy:

“Just think of it this way, imagine you're a parent you bring your 3 kids to a circus and one of them get eaten by a lion, do you think other parents care whether your other two kids found the acrobats gracious and the elephant majestic? Probably not, nor would they say "Honey, 66% of the kids liked the circus lets bring the kids, apparently the lion is really scary! - Oh great idea darling, I'll pack snacks for the car!”

kayne24

Horology Curious
27/8/22
hont is really not a good trusted dealer. he wants to make money and always deliver.thats a trade. money for service and watch.
but i dont think thats the only thing what makes are good trusted dealer. their review should include refunds too and people here forget that we can demand refund if its a trusted dealer should be no problem. because as soon as u ask for refund this hont ghost the hell out of u.
people here defend him with holiday bla bla bla. i m waiting since middle october for my refund and when i ask he searching excuses like
1. whatsapp problem
2. eu bank has issues
3. i will refund.
this games he already plays for weeks. i ordered with theoneswatches but refund after 2 weeks. thats what i call a trusted dealer.
if he says he wants a refund then it is his right. watch good or not. it is his decision too. u guys bashing him is so wrong.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
if he says he wants a refund then it is his right. watch good or not. it is his decision too. u guys bashing him is so wrong.
Huh? I get it. You’re angry with Hont. However, if the guy gets a perfectly good watch (he gets what he paid for) a refund is not his “right.” That’s not how it works. If Hont promised a refund then the guy is entitled to a refund, despite making baseless and fabricated complaints about the watch.

Reactions: KushBandit

kayne24

Horology Curious
27/8/22
Huh? I get it. You’re angry with Hont. However, if the guy gets a perfectly good watch (he gets what he paid for) a refund is not his “right.” That’s not how it works. If Hont promised a refund then the guy is entitled to a refund, despite making baseless and fabricated complaints about the watch.
Whats perfect or not. Its not up to u. Because u dont pay for it.
According to u. As long as some strangers like it he has to gl the watch?? If he says refund then he should give refund. He is a trusted dealer here.

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
According to u. As long as some strangers like it he has to gl the watch?? If he says refund then he should give refund. He is a trusted dealer here.
Your expectations from your comment on someone's superfranken build disqualify you from having an intelligent opinion. Be quiet

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
It’s an objective analysis. That watch was fine. He doesn’t have to GL anything, but if he has any integrity he should be honest and not make shit up, because he has buyer’s remorse. I may be wrong, but I’m not. I’ll cut you some slack because you are probably 15 and have been a member 3 months.

kayne24

Horology Curious
27/8/22
It’s an objective analysis. That watch was fine. He doesn’t have to GL anything, but if he has any integrity he should be honest and not make shit up, because he has buyer’s remorse. I may be wrong, but I’m not. I’ll cut you some slack because you are probably 15 and have been a member 3 month
U guys are not here to judge. If he wants a refund, he should get it. Thats what makes a trusted dealer. Period