• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Superocean Heritage '57: A Tribute

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
The Pro Diver strap could work?

Yup I think that's what i'm going to do with a deployant clasp. Leather would be fine in winter but too humid where I live in summer. Ruin a nice leather strap with my skin leakage pretty easy.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Really close to ordering this one in Blue Rainbow. Could try on steel mesh and swap out to rubber dive strap if I don't dig it.

rockdaytona

Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
yes it is but go to Breitling.com and the straps listed for this watch are 20mm so Trusty is probably wrong

Thanks. Lucy called GF for the dimensions. She is going to send me a pic of the measurements when she picks up my watch.. 22 X 20 is constant with other SOH's
Also the older version may have a smaller bracelet. My older Breitling Gen's have smaller bracelets.

Last edited:

rockdaytona

Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Thanks. Lucy called GF for the dimensions. She is going to send me a pic of the measurements when she picks up my watch.. 22 X 20 is constant with other SOH's
Also the older version may have a smaller bracelet. My older Breitling Gen's have smaller bracelets.

Here it is on the gen:
https://www.breitling.com/us-en/watches/superocean-heritage/superocean-heritage-57/A103702A1C1/#

[h=3]DIMENSIONS[/h]
120.0 g.
54.3 g.
42.0 mm
9.9 mm
46.0 mm
20.0 mm

Product Weight (Approx.)
Watch-head Weight (Approx.)
Diameter
Thickness
Height (upper lug tip to lower lug tip)
Lug width (in-between lug)

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
Reactions: rockdaytona

spaceman007

5/1/22
I ordered GF Factory Superocean Heritage 57 Capsule Series. The trusty link is below. GF confirmed the bracelet is 22mm X 20mm. The model number is A10370. Is this the same as the Superocean Heritage 57 Tribute being discussed?
https://trustytimewatch88.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_144&products_id=25082

Please let me know if you get the watch, I am super curious of how the quality is compared to gen. I handled one at the bretiling store and they are very very nice.

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
Arrived today. Thing is goooooorgeous. Easily NWBIG. Milanese strap is actually super nice as well (I bought a gen rubber strap and nice B-logo deployant clasp for it) but it's going to stay on the milanese for now as it just works so well and wears so comfortably. Arrived running at +3s/day, 0 beat error, and 284 degrees of amplitude. Winds super smooth and everything feels super solid. On the Jtime site the caseback engraving in their photos looks crappy and badly engraved but underneath the plastic I was happy to see it perfectly engraved with no defects.

On the watch in general - it wears super nice as it's relatively light and thin. The unique shape of the bezel is really cool and catches the light in new and interesting ways I haven't expereinced on anything else in my collection. Highly recommend picking one up if you like the look.

zYrqwY.jpg

zYryCo.jpg

zYrIcD.jpg

zYrYik.jpg

zYr1GJ.jpg

jkent83

Certified
3/1/22
Oregon
Love it. I have the rose gold version headed my way and am happy to hear the early reviews are positive.

didjital7

Renowned Member
Supporter
30/1/21
Wow, that is beautiful. I'm going to have to pick one of these up.... I'm a sucker for a nice blue watch.

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
I got the black Rainbow. Really nice watch and the bracelet is very good. I'm usually a strap guy, but I always put it back on this bracelet.

One thing to note on Rainbows : only the hour hand and pip is lumed. All the others are paint. Look strange in the dark.

Everett270

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
10/4/15
US
I just got in a GF black on black model and I'll second the opinions that this is easily NWBIG. It is the best rep I have experienced (after I popped the movement out and cleaned the smudges off the inside of the crystal...). Very nice not that have to worry about a bezel having play or not aligning, and the same for a date window. My only complaint now is that the lume seems weak, especially the indices. I will be looking for a nice leather or relatively low profile rubber strap to put this on when I want to tone down the bling of it on mesh.