• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BR03-93 GMT - pictorial review and gen-rep comparison

D

d4m.test

Thanks for the great write up, the rep looks beautiful.

As a noob I've been looking for something a little different and whilst I'm likely to still go for the Pam111 noob v4 I think this looks like a great 2nd watch to try out .

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU
thanks Kilo for sharing
myself I really like the blue one, even though it's a fantasy model

zethunder

I'm Pretty Popular
9/8/16
@kilowattore, wonderful review buddy, appreciated. I am, however, fairly certain that the orange color on the bezel is off from the gen (too light/yellowish), it is an easy fix though.

D

d4m.test

@kilowattore Great review and awesome pics! Thank you for sharing.

Which movement did you pick? I see two choices available and I'm still confused after all the reading I did about the SuperOcean Steelfish Rep. Is this Asia Copy 2836-2 the same as the Z2 POS movement everyone is advising to stay away from?

Thanks!

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
This one has the real 2836 clone as far as I can tell

D

d4m.test

Thank you for sharing all these beautiful pics and thank you for your good eye for details! I hope you wear it in good health! :)

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
The color changes from dark yellow to orange depending on light. I've seen the gen do the same in pics, but in order to know if they are really the same you need to have both watches side by side.
I went to an AD and specifically looked for that, from different angles and both indoor and outdoor lights and though the shade of orange changes a bit it never gets to change to yellow unfortunately. This is for me the only flaw of this watch. I had not noticed the lug shape that was mentioned but I don't think that anyone would see it without a side by side comparison. The yellow triangle is IMO more noticeable

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
I went to an AD and specifically looked for that, from different angles and both indoor and outdoor lights and though the shade of orange changes a bit it never gets to change to yellow unfortunately. This is for me the only flaw of this watch. I had not noticed the lug shape that was mentioned but I don't think that anyone would see it without a side by side comparison. The yellow triangle is IMO more noticeable

If you can get the right acrylic paint, it's not that hard to fix

Tobel

6/7/17
If you can get the right acrylic paint, it's not that hard to fix
Thanks @kilowattore .

I would assume so, the thing is that I never did that and I'm a bit afraid of screwing the whole watch up ;)

Is that the same kind of paint that is used in models ? How would you go about removing the paint that's currently on there? Dissolvant? Or do you have to scratch it?

And most importantly how do you paint such a tiny triangle without going over the borders? :D

Sogeha

Known Member
18/7/15
Thanks for a great review. I’m hoping the diver is available before long

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Thanks @kilowattore .

I would assume so, the thing is that I never did that and I'm a bit afraid of screwing the whole watch up ;)

Is that the same kind of paint that is used in models ? How would you go about removing the paint that's currently on there? Dissolvant? Or do you have to scratch it?

And most importantly how do you paint such a tiny triangle without going over the borders? :D

Acetone should remove it. You don't need to be 100% precise when painting it, if you go over the borders clean it with cotton wool soaked in acetone before the paint fully dried.

That's how I repainted these engravings and many others :)

Tobel

6/7/17
Acetone should remove it. You don't need to be 100% precise when painting it, if you go over the borders clean it with cotton wool soaked in acetone before the paint fully dried.

That's how I repainted these engravings and many others :)
Nice work!

notniuq

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/17
f66198d9ce27c7c2fb415562e94fede0.jpg

Amazing quality!

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

Great review....!!! Can I get info where I can buy replica like this...?

RetFed

Renowned Member
23/3/14
Loving mine and the strap is the best rep strap I have had to date. Also thanks Kilo for guiding me to this purchase with your excellent pictures and review.
1ddbfe9c812c0a3a7140ec8e47df7c34.jpg
a0441856664676faff457d3ca7067e75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thumbsarehandy

I'm Pretty Popular
26/4/17
Fantastic review @kilowattore!

I always thought the B&R’s are buttugly :) but you really turned me and made me look at it differently, thanks kilo!

D

d4m.test

Loving mine and the strap is the best rep strap I have had to date. Also thanks Kilo for guiding me to this purchase with your excellent pictures and review.
1ddbfe9c812c0a3a7140ec8e47df7c34.jpg
a0441856664676faff457d3ca7067e75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which movement did you get? I'm still debating whether to go with the Asia clone or the Swiss. Thanks!