• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Seadweller.. Best SD available Period

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Yeah I was spewin.... Had resistance I normally don't depress it... Yeah had a look and to be honest I think it's outside of my skill set it don't have the tools on hand and I'm moving house tomorrow.... I guess I have my exp 2 to hold me over until I can get sorted and send this off... Will it be cheaper to get it serviced and fixed or just buy a replacement movement?

If everything was working fine before that, I'd keep the movement and have the keyless fixed.

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
Yeah everything was working before, but to get to the keyless it's dial and hands off so I'm trying to decide whether to TC 2824 it, and have a go of fixing the keyless for practice and save it for another build or just send the whole watch away and get it fixed regulated and pressure tested..

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Read above regarding the use of the 2824 vs. 2836.

I went with the ETA2824 because my a2824 crapped out. I kinda wished I used the ETA2836 for the better date flip function.

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
Originally Posted by benjji
all you say that TC or Clarck hands are the best solution since bp hands are too green / gray. I fitted Clarck hands too. However i believe new hands are whiter than hour markers. I hope TC dial markers are whiter than bp dial.

are tc hour markers white as tc/clarck hands ?

Show us some pictures of your BP dial with Clark hands installed please.

these are significantly whiter....:bored:

SDC10573_zpsd011d1f1.jpg

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
I can't see too much of a difference, but it's hard to see with that pick just chuck it out in the sun for a while lol. By the way that date is nice and centred!!

Jordan27

I'm Pretty Popular
3/7/13
Read above regarding the use of the 2824 vs. 2836.

I went with the ETA2824 because my a2824 crapped out. I kinda wished I used the ETA2836 for the better date flip function.

Interesting, I assume the 2836 can be fitted with the H4, might send Katt a message.

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
Well the lack there of, is more of a blessing than it is a curse. IMHO.

Perfect, exactly what I was hoping for.

And... Finally I can contribute a little more than my ramblings no one wants to hear. Approved and on the way-

kDwZtKaX_zps872a5836.jpg

r3sBOXcX_zpscd0c7384.jpg

OsiRLy2X_zpsa71bd52f.jpg

SZ0hdx6X_zpsb64e7631.jpg

urbWZFRX_zpsb2405d5f.jpg

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Interesting, I assume the 2836 can be fitted with the H4, might send Katt a message.

Of course it can. They both use the same gears.

And, why would the 2836-2 have a better date swap? They both use the exact same date driving wheel and the gears that control it.

P4GTR

Banned
9/9/07
That looks a very nice example

Not sure if 12 and 6 are a little crooked by a smidge. I have no problem throwing a TC dial and hands into the mix if need be. Looking forward to getting the watch in hand and seeing for myself which way I want to take it.

It's funny to look back at 7 years of watch collecting and see i've finally come full circle. Back to ground zero. Who has the best SD?

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
They look perfectly straight in the lume shot. I think it's nothing to worry about.

A little tweaking of the CG's and a gen insert and you're pretty close to 100%.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Of course it can. They both use the same gears.

And, why would the 2836-2 have a better date swap? They both use the exact same date driving wheel and the gears that control it.

From post 1178

Set, I've spent allot of time working on these two movements over the last several weeks,,,,,I don't know who makes this one or that one nor do I know how much they cost,,,,,, this is what I do know.... They're both auto watch movements of similar size as are both a Lexus LS and a Chevrolet Impala both cars of similar size.... lol
What I've been looking at is the design of the two and they function basically the same but because of the smarter design of the 2836-2 it does everything better then the 2824—2 does..... simple things like the way the Date Wheels turn, on the 36 there's actually a bracket that rolls around on the 24hr wheel and snaps or puts the date wheel in it's place, where as on the same wheel the 2824 has a simple tooth that haphazardly drags and drops the DW in place.... And there's no need to buy Swiss as far as I can tell. I've swapped parts from Asian to Swiss and vice versa with absolutely no problems..... so the Asian, at least the ones I've worked on are just as good as the Swiss ,in fact, there's very little differences..... now I'm sure this isn't always the case..... but All of the Asian movements from Sead are fine..... I believe if TC would switch to the 2836-2 he wouldn't be having his troubles of late.....one more point to give you a real good idea of what I'm saying, I would definitely rather have a Asian 2836-2 then two Swiss ETA 2824-2.....unless I wanted them to sell of course.. lol

kohr

Known Member
20/12/12
I'd just like to say near 150 pages, and I finally went ahead and bought the BP Sea Dweller along with TC dial, hands, bracelet, and crown/tube.

Thanks fellas. :)

Pics to come once all has arrived, and I've either installed, or sent to one the trusted modders.

Ruprekt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/10
Nothing haphazard about the reliability of the eta 2824 in my Sean case LV. Been wearing it 24/7 for better than a year and it still keeps 3 seconds a day time, and the date wheel snaps over promptly at 12:00. Never hangs up or misses either. This is the third 2824 movement I've had and never any issue with them. If they fit in the SD I'll be using one for sure.

Ewski

Horology Curious
9/10/13
HI guys , looking for a good supplier and modder in the north west of England , any info would be great ,

thanks Ewski

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
From post 1178 reference ....(the differences and date wheel)
simple things like the way the Date Wheels turn, on the 36 there's actually a bracket that rolls around on the 24hr wheel and snaps or puts the date wheel in it's place, where as on the same wheel the 2824 has a simple tooth that haphazardly drags and drops the DW in place....

Well, I'll still have to disagree with Mitch. All you've got to do is look at the part numbers and you'll see they are the same for both movements. The only difference in the whole date change mechanism is the 2824-2 date disc is flat, while the 2836-2 disc has a slight step. The step is 0.20mm and has to do with room needed for the gears that drive the Day disc. Even the small spring that holds the date wheel in place when it moves is the same.

The only real difference is the 2836 has a day wheel and taller canon pin standard. Other than that one's as good as the other. In fact I'll take a 2824-2 anyday. Only problem is you have to change the wheel heights, which is kind on a pain, when building Rolexes.

Unless I'm missing something here............

live1

Banned
25/3/13
i send my watches to america.as fat as i know there aint no english modders on here.ukwatchservices never answers my messages or emails so gave up.theres domi i think hes in germany but when i inquire the message was in german so couldn't understand it

live1

Banned
25/3/13
i send my watches to america.as far as i know there aint no english modders on here.ukwatchservices never answers my messages or emails so gave up.theres domi i think hes in germany but when i inquire the message was in german so couldn't understand it