• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Seadweller.. Best SD available Period

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
How is the date alignment? I bought a BPSD about 2-3 years ago with a highbeat 2813 movement and it was off center for most dates. Ended up selling it before sending it over to a modder and getting it re-aligned.

Mine comes with a2824 and the DW is dead center. If you check some of the older posts in this thread there were many reports on slightly different case-set and parts used for the model which comes with 21-jewel a2813. BP factory has been known for cutting corners so won't be surprised if their 'inferior' classic 16600 SD based on 2813 is actually not as well finished as the one based on a2824 or a2836.

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
If this was offered with the 3135 I would own it!

Lack of 3135 mov't option has most likely been the greatest contributor to the 2813/2824/2836-based 16600 Classic SD model popularity.
3135 clones are getting better by the day, sure, but the rep community has been divided on the Rolex clone mov't matters in general, for some time now.
The majority is still leaning towards ETA mov't clones. Me included.

Last edited:

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
Forgot to add above...the bracelet that comes on the latest BDSD version is much better than the one which came on my old BPSD. The SEL is very gen like, the mid hump is flat and almost flush with the sides, clasp comes with better defined crown stamp/imprint as well as more defined and crisp stamped Rolex logo and wording on the internal folding parts.

Lume is also better, not super duper but comparable with the gen (I own gen 16610 Sub and it's almost identical).

Many people commented on the crown, I cannot for the life of me fault it. It's again better than the brass one I owned in the past on V1, now has better teeth definition (sharper) Rolex crown relief is more pronounced - overall great, defo need not replacing ;)

I'm really happy with my BPSD that I received on Friday. The thing that is a bit of a downer for me is the bezel click. I don't mind the insert, it's not as fat looking as the macro shots that we often see.

Vintagerolly

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/18
I bought one of these a couple weeks ago..can't wait to get it! I'm new to this rep hobby but I've been into watches for a few years.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Forgot to add above...the bracelet that comes on the latest BDSD version is much better than the one which came on my old BPSD. The SEL is very gen like, the mid hump is flat and almost flush with the sides, clasp comes with better defined crown stamp/imprint as well as more defined and crisp stamped Rolex logo and wording on the internal folding parts.

Lume is also better, not super duper but comparable with the gen (I own gen 16610 Sub and it's almost identical).

Many people commented on the crown, I cannot for the life of me fault it. It's again better than the brass one I owned in the past on V1, now has better teeth definition (sharper) Rolex crown relief is more pronounced - overall great, defo need not replacing ;)

What insert did you replace yours with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Still waiting on mine - ordered from Lucy on 10th August.
I'd post the QC pics for you all, but what hosting site works with this forum now that flickr links won't work?

bowtiefanatc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/11/12
I had a spare Noob Sub 16610 insert. That one is as close to the gen as they get.

Did that insert go in relatively easy? Not a fan of how they glue the insert into the BP rep. All in all I think they only thing I want to change now is the insert to make it more secure. I ordered a new click spring to see if that can help. I clipped and bent the original one and it became much better.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Did that insert go in relatively easy? Not a fan of how they glue the insert into the BP rep. All in all I think they only thing I want to change now is the insert to make it more secure. I ordered a new click spring to see if that can help. I clipped and bent the original one and it became much better.

A 16610 insert should NOT fit into the bezel of a 16600 correctly.

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
A 16610 insert should NOT fit into the bezel of a 16600 correctly.

It will. It needs minor TLC, though.
Because BP SD bezel insert is slightly smaller in diameter the 16610 insert needs a slight 'shaving' on the outside, unnoticeable when installed. Since I left tighter tolerances and shaved very little on the outside, mine is now a click-in rather than glue in, just like on the gen.

Reactions: stufuse

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06

See my reply above. Get the standard 16610/16600 bezel insert and with some careful and slow multiple touch-and-go work on the outside edge you can make it a click-in, too.

Reactions: ロベカル

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
See my reply above. Get the standard 16610/16600 bezel insert and with some careful and slow multiple touch-and-go work on the outside edge you can make it a click-in, too.

there is no standard 16610/16600 insert, because they are too completely different inserts. But I guess you made it work, well done

Reactions: Thrasher

babola

I'm Pretty Popular
19/9/06
there is no standard 16610/16600 insert, because they are too completely different inserts. But I guess you made it work, well done

By standard I meant aftermarket. Recent Noob 16610 insert have the same 'base' at the bottom and with some tiny shaving of the outside aluminum ring it will be good to go as a snap-in. I haven't tried others, so not sure ow will they fare.

babs

rolexista

Supporter
19/9/18
I been reading several pages and I just bought one from M2M with TC bracelet, could anybody recommend a modder CONUS? Mainly looking to get a gen insert and get it water proofed. Its my first rep and first time modding.

Vintagerolly

26/7/18
purchased one a few weeks ago, still waiting for it in the mail. hopefully bracelet fits my 6.5" wrist

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Is still possible to get this with 2824 or 2836 movement from any TD?

You have to ask the TD's.
The stock for this watch is nearly "zero". Write to some TD an Email for a BP SD. Perhaps they can source one.

These "old" Sea-Dweller are now more and more disapearing from the TD sites.