• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Seadweller.. Best SD available Period

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
a31c0f3edcfb048eb392fb9e267af6a4.jpg

sent from the 24th Century

burning

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
7/2/17
It's worth to get the A2813 version?

I'm super-satisfied with the precision of A2813 on my regmariner, it only gains 25 seconds per week!

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
I joined the club! You guys are right, Best Period
479ac75d9d57a1a338761889ad4816b2.jpg

From M2M sales. This is an awesome forum!

Don't Mind Me, I'm here for complications!

Any tips for mods? What’s the chance of finding a tc bracelet? Or just leave it[emoji848]

technobabel22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/4/17
Any tips for mods? What’s the chance of finding a tc bracelet? Or just leave it[emoji848]

In terms of mods:

Movement - most common seen is having an ETA installed. I don't know how the 2813 movements fair, the A3135s have their own host of issues as well. I think the A2836, which is actually an A2824, is hit or miss. My first replica was a BPSD with an A2836, and the movement died within the first few hours of my wearing it. On the otherhand, the second BPSD I acquired came with the same movement, and it still runs strong to this day.

Bracelet - When I first put mine on, I noticed the SELs had a strange (perhaps described as a lack thereof) range of motion. The endlink of the clasp also seemed to be improperly designed and caused interference. TC was the stalwart. I was lucky enough to come across one of his 93160A bracelets and it is truly night and day different from the stock BP. I'd go further in depth, but it's already been covered ad nauseam, much like TC's disappearance. Options now seem to be getting a JF 93250, or Gen. I recall hearing that some watchmakers were able to "work" the BP bracelet fixing the SEL and clasp issues, but I cannot say I've ever seen one post treatment.

Date Wheel Overlay - Not the best, but not the worst. Try to find a TC, if not, BK is commonly affixed.

Dial - TC again, but like previously stated, no longer available from TC and cannot say I've seen them surface often.

Crown - Switch to Gen crown or TC Crown.

Crystal - Adrian (ado123) does a fantastic mod to fit a gen or aftermarket crystal. Look back in some pages at Thrasher's.

Bezel - I believe Adrian can also mod the watch to accept a Gen bezel.

Insert - Gen insert is best. The big difference I've noticed is within the font of the numbering and the shape of the pearl... So... yea the whole damn thing.

Your best resource is this thread. Start from the beginning and cruise through it. It will take time, and with Photobucket sucking, many pics are broken, but many remain from other hosting locations.

Reactions: Bimmer.O

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
In terms of mods:

Movement - most common seen is having an ETA installed. I don't know how the 2813 movements fair, the A3135s have their own host of issues as well. I think the A2836, which is actually an A2824, is hit or miss. My first replica was a BPSD with an A2836, and the movement died within the first few hours of my wearing it. On the otherhand, the second BPSD I acquired came with the same movement, and it still runs strong to this day.

Bracelet - When I first put mine on, I noticed the SELs had a strange (perhaps described as a lack thereof) range of motion. The endlink of the clasp also seemed to be improperly designed and caused interference. TC was the stalwart. I was lucky enough to come across one of his 93160A bracelets and it is truly night and day different from the stock BP. I'd go further in depth, but it's already been covered ad nauseam, much like TC's disappearance. Options now seem to be getting a JF 93250, or Gen. I recall hearing that some watchmakers were able to "work" the BP bracelet fixing the SEL and clasp issues, but I cannot say I've ever seen one post treatment.

Date Wheel Overlay - Not the best, but not the worst. Try to find a TC, if not, BK is commonly affixed.

Dial - TC again, but like previously stated, no longer available from TC and cannot say I've seen them surface often.

Crystal - Adrian (ado123) does a fantastic mod to fit a gen or aftermarket crystal. Look back in some pages at Thrasher's.

Insert - Gen insert is best. The big difference I've noticed is within the font of the numbering and the shape of the pearl... So... yea the whole damn thing.

Your best resource is this thread. Start from the beginning and cruise through it. It will take time, and with Photobucket sucking, many pics are broken, but many remain from other hosting locations.

Thanks!

D

d4m.test

I love this Polizia version

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

DVNE

7/11/12
I know how to remove the bezel on a TC 16610 but is it the same way for these bpsd's? I have a gen insert to fit on mines as soon as it comes back from the spa.

burning

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
7/2/17
If I buy the A2824 version, can I swap it for the ETA version without modifications?
I was thinking on to buy the A2813 if there is no any downside apart from the movement. I'm very happy with the 2813 on my regmariner.

In terms of mods: