• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Change insert on Tc V6

Garyb

I'm Pretty Popular
3/11/13
ugh really? i just bought one...I thought a lot of people say it's a nice addition with the ten insert. oh well.

Well, they are right, it is nice, but you will probably be the only one to know, lol. Sometimes that's all that matters.

BSCS

11/11/14
Considering that the v2 insert is pretty spot on, there's really no reason to take the risk and spend money to buy a gen insert. I have a v2 and it looks damn perfect.

Phwtan

14/11/14
The gen insert is worth it purely for the pearl. The gen has a certain "depth" to it that the TC v2 insert just can't quite replicate. The "depth" changes when looking at the pearl from different angles.

Garyb

I'm Pretty Popular
3/11/13
The gen insert is worth it purely for the pearl. The gen has a certain "depth" to it that the TC v2 insert just can't quite replicate. The "depth" changes when looking at the pearl from different angles.

Maybe but you never notice it on the wrist or without putting one next to the other(at least not me and I do have both)

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
^i agree.

Practically impossible to tell apart gen and TC v2, even side by side (and I am very anal when it comes to Rolex).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSAMatt

I'm Pretty Popular
18/12/14
if any of you that bought a gen insert wanna part ways with it.... lemme know.

Garyb

I'm Pretty Popular
3/11/13

That's a good tutorial, the only thing I suggest you do differently is put some tape between the case and bezel ring to protect the case where you insert the knife, press in on the crystal while removing the bezel ring so the whole assembly doesn't come out with it(ask me how I know), and I put the insert on AFTER the bezel ring has been reinstalled so you can align the insert pearl marker at 12:00.