• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Sea-Dweller 16600 re-release with VR3135

Everett270

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
10/4/15
US
I'm actually a little curious to see if the Polizia model has the new VR. I say this because the last 3135 16600 I had also had the newer style case construction with the non-gen bezel and no chamfers on the lugs. I bought a Polizia more recently and it had the big lug chamfers and gen-like bezel, but it also had the eta based movement. From my understanding, I do not think that the cases for these two movements are compatible (correct me if I am wrong), and seeing chamfers on the Polizia still makes me think it might not be a 3135. It would be odd to have two different cases that fit the same movement and have no other differences.

Reactions: johnlogan

2470f2.8ii

I'm Pretty Popular
16/12/16
Imma be pissed if its not a 3135, ive already sourced a gen date wheel for one

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Certified
18/12/15
Old BP 2015
Good luck trying to call me out

HuK6B4.jpeg

HuK1b1.jpeg

HuKnUj.jpeg

HuK8RI.jpeg

HuKtKc.jpeg

HuKB9X.jpeg

HuKQsi.jpeg

fra44

Getting To Know The Place
8/10/23
Hello everyone guys! I love the Rolex 16600, and I am excited that this rep exists, since I can't afford to spend 10K on a genuine right now. When doing my own research I found out, just like some of you mention here, that one of the giveaways are the crown guards which have a different shape compared to Gen.

Do you think it is still worth it to buy this rep? Is there anything that can be done to reshape them?

Thanks a lot!

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Hello everyone guys! I love the Rolex 16600, and I am excited that this rep exists, since I can't afford to spend 10K on a genuine right now. When doing my own research I found out, just like some of you mention here, that one of the giveaways are the crown guards which have a different shape compared to Gen.

Do you think it is still worth it to buy this rep? Is there anything that can be done to reshape them?

Thanks a lot!
It's not a giveaway at all. These watches are becoming rarer, and are less familiar with everyone you will meet. Real ones will have gone through 2-3 service cycles and will have been polished / refinished each time. The attention to detail matters a lot more on reps which have a genuine counterpart on sale now. Everyone should buy this rep - its one of the best Rolex have ever made - in both gen and rep.

fra44

8/10/23
It's not a giveaway at all. These watches are becoming rarer, and are less familiar with everyone you will meet. Real ones will have gone through 2-3 service cycles and will have been polished / refinished each time. The attention to detail matters a lot more on reps which have a genuine counterpart on sale now. Everyone should buy this rep - its one of the best Rolex have ever made - in both gen and rep.
Thanks a lot for your reply! Tbh I am more worried about my own OCD than someone calling me out for a minuscule part on my rather small watch.

This is probably my second favorite Rolex behind the 14060, I think it has to come down if I can live with an inaccuracy that in my head I am aware of versus how beautiful the rest of the watch is.

Can I ask you what you mean when you say real ones have been polished / refined? Like that these processes could have modified their shapes?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Thanks a lot for your reply! Tbh I am more worried about my own OCD than someone calling me out for a minuscule part on my rather small watch.

This is probably my second favorite Rolex behind the 14060, I think it has to come down if I can live with an inaccuracy that in my head I am aware of versus how beautiful the rest of the watch is.

Can I ask you what you mean when you say real ones have been polished / refined? Like that these processes could have modified their shapes?
Exactly that. Every surface will have its scratches polished out at time of service, on an older watch this would have been several times by now, and each time it will show a bit more wear. This watch was from a different time - it would have been worn hard - as intended - at a time when WIS assholes didn’t exist and folks weren’t obsessed with investment potential and all of that other horse shit they worry about today.

You don’t have OCD. Everyone in watch land says they do. But they don’t. I do have OCD and it’s nothing like watch people like to think it is.

Edit - a lot of these look well worn like the example posted above by the Rt Hon John Logan. So don’t stress the details -nThey don’t matter.

Last edited:

fra44

8/10/23
Exactly that. Every surface will have its scratches polished out at time of service, on an older watch this would have been several times by now, and each time it will show a bit more wear. This watch was from a different time - it would have been worn hard - as intended - at a time when WIS assholes didn’t exist and folks weren’t obsessed with investment potential and all of that other horse shit they worry about today.

You don’t have OCD. Everyone in watch land says they do. But they don’t. I do have OCD and it’s nothing like watch people like to think it is.

Edit - a lot of these look well worn like the example posted above by the Rt Hon John Logan. So don’t stress the details -nThey don’t matter.
Thanks a lot again. And sorry for mis-using the word OCD. Actually I understand what it is, I had it because of the parenting I received, and I should've been more careful throwing it out.

The words I should've used are that I couldn't care less about call-outs, I know they don't happen. But knowing inside my head that my watch has an inaccuracy bugs the hell out of me. Now what I need to do is come to terms with myself, because this watch is very nice.

Thanks a lot for helping a beginner, for real

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
I just ordered one from Watch-VS, he said there’s a one week wait to get it. Not too bad, I’ll share some photos when I get it.
Excited to compare it to my old gen 16570 and VSF 116610

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
I just ordered one from Watch-VS, he said there’s a one week wait to get it.

Same here but with trusty, let’s see who get it first
will also share some photos after approval

Reactions: Snil