• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

bought something thats not working

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
Seconds at 12:00 ROO's are known to have issues. I have one that has been serviced twice and sometimes stops, it's just part of having that movement. Much like the seconds at 6 Daytona.

While there is no excuse for the seller's non-responsiveness, I'm afraid I'm with BMW on this one. Shit happens with these movements.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Seconds at 12:00 ROO's are known to have issues. I have one that has been serviced twice and sometimes stops, it's just part of having that movement. Much like the seconds at 6 Daytona.

While there is no excuse for the seller's non-responsiveness, I'm afraid I'm with BMW on this one. Shit happens with these movements.

Yep. Did the buyer ask the seller for proof and description of the service performed, for example? Based on the many posts I've read about all A7750s with seconds at twelve, owning one requires a specific service and most likely, repeat service over time.

Knowledge is power in this hobby. Hope the OP will find some resolution. That's a lot of money to pay for a rep, IMHO.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
That's a lot of money to pay for a rep, IMHO.

Don't you mean that's a lot of money to pay for a paperweight?

Sell it to BMW. He doesn't seem to mind if they don't work. As long as they're pretty.

mitchbaria

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/10/12
Yep. Did the buyer ask the seller for proof and description of the service performed, for example? Based on the many posts I've read about all A7750s with seconds at twelve, owning one requires a specific service and most likely, repeat service over time.

Knowledge is power in this hobby. Hope the OP will find some resolution. That's a lot of money to pay for a rep, IMHO.

Of course your right about asking for the documentation before hand,,, but Tommy and you know I respect your opinion,, but I'd like to think that because we're kinda part of an exclusive club here,, that when someone list something we should be able to trust that what they say is true and when someone is caught being deceitful they should be banned to protect the rest of us,,,, it's just the nature of what we're doing here and we should be able to trust the integrity of fellow members,,, and when we can't trust a member then what possible benefit is it to the community to continue having a untrustworthy member remain in the line up other then to screw someone else? People come here to avoid being scammed! I think this seller should be required to produce the documentation for the service and if he can't then he should pay for the service or pack his bags..... and if he does(produce the documentation) then the watch should be sent back to the watch smith that did the servicing to see if he may have missed something.....

Pratt

24/4/13
I will just part out some parts to recoup losses.. Who wants the ap bracelet?

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Don't you mean that's a lot of money to pay for a paperweight?

Sell it to BMW. He doesn't seem to mind if they don't work. As long as they're pretty.

You think I would take some noobs word , on an AP being serviced ? What exactly was serviced ? There are different levels of " servicing ", specially with the AP seconds at 12. The only service I would pay a premium for on a 7750 is Domi's. Making a purchase should involve due diligence. Research.

There's a reason some watches sit in the M2M section, and no one buys them. I also wouldn't be stupid enough to accuse a member of selling me a defective watch, if I wore for a day or so and it ran fine. It's not their fault that the ticking time bomb inside the watch blew up on me. Think of all the people here who have bought brand new AP's and had them arrive dead. It's a known defect in this model. You are taking a risk every time you purchase one. I always tell people to assume that you will have to service it at time of purchase. Just like you are aware that you will need to replace the dick skin strap it comes with.

Lesson to be learned is , ask questions BEFORE buying. Be aware of the risks certain particular models have.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Come on. Offer him $150 for it... You know you want it. :lol:

mitchbaria

15/10/12
I wouldn't do that pratt....its a nice watch even if that asshat got you for a couple of hundred bucks,,,,just get it serviced and you'll have a nice watch,,,I'm relatively sure the powers that be here are planning on taking care of the seller for his misdeeds but don't lose out all the way because you've got a bad taste in your mouth

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Of course your right about asking for the documentation before hand,,, but Tommy and you know I respect your opinion,, but I'd like to think that because we're kinda part of an exclusive club here,, that when someone list something we should be able to trust that what they say is true and when someone is caught being deceitful they should be banned to protect the rest of us,,,, it's just the nature of what we're doing here and we should be able to trust the integrity of fellow members,,, and when we can't trust a member then what possible benefit is it to the community to continue having a untrustworthy member remain in the line up other then to screw someone else? People come here to avoid being scammed! I think this seller should be required to produce the documentation for the service and if he can't then he should pay for the service or pack his bags..... and if he does(produce the documentation) then the watch should be sent back to the watch smith that did the servicing to see if he may have missed something.....

I have no problem with any of what you say, Mitch. Fair is fair. Ya know, these types of things happen on the gen forums, too. Somebody starts an, "I was wronged" thread. Well-meaning folks jump in to offer support. The seller is vilified. Then the truth is revealed at which point the OP's position may be preserved, or it may not. Most of the time, it is, which reinforces our faith in humanity. But sometimes it is not.

My comments stem from me getting cynical after seeing numerous transactions go wrong, due to either party's missteps. Does a seller withold critical information, hoping the buyer will not ask about it? Does the seller not carefully read the listing, set their expectations unrealistically, then cry "Foul," or even "Scammer!" when those expctations are unmet? Honestly, with reps, especially modded A7750s, a buyer cannot ask too many questions of the seller, IMHO.

We rely heavily on the staff to sort this stuff out, God love 'em. I withold judgment. Or mostly ignore these things. Kinda wish I'd stayed outta this one. Oh well.

Pratt

24/4/13
no bro i cool with it . collecting the watch from my watchsmith later

Rudy40

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/10/12
no bro i cool with it . collecting the watch from my watchsmith later

I am not starting trouble here! So let me say this!! The sec@12 is not a flawless movement by far! But when serviced can be a very reliable movement! Trust me I have owed a few! But if the watch was serviced before it was sold to you! Then the watch should run without default. Now I don't know the whole story here! But I am waiting to hear from the OP. And I have ask him to come out and play!(HERE!) http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?p=1467569#post-1467569
So I will wait until I place judgment! I hope everything works out for you my friend!:cheers:

Pratt

24/4/13
I am not starting trouble here! So let me say this!! The sec@12 is not a flawless movement by far! But when serviced can be a very reliable movement! Trust me I have owed a few! But if the watch was serviced before it was sold to you! Then the watch should run without default. Now I don't know the whole story here! But I am waiting to hear from the OP. And I have ask him to come out and play!(HERE!) http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?p=1467569#post-1467569
So I will wait until I place judgment! I hope everything works out for you my friend!:cheers:

Hi may I know why u link the thread? With regards or reference to anything?

Pratt

24/4/13
Hi may I know why u link the thread? With regards or reference to anything?

Answering my own question... Now I understand, it's the thread starter... I thought I mentioned he's missing, gone , or vanished from this site? He didn't reply to my messages...