• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

best AP rep to get?

alaskaguy2022

Horology Curious
25/9/22
Hi all,
My collection is pretty much Rolex and Omega Reps, so not very knowledgeable about AP Reps and best TD's to source from. Im looking for one very in particular AP, its the Taupe with black bezel and steel case, Model# 26420SO.OO.A600CA.01

Any help on tracking one down would be appreciated. I did find a few on google searches but they were not listed in the TD section so i did not order.

adamweby

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/8/12
CONUS
welcome! you are in the right section. I would do a search in this forum. You will find plenty of threads on available models and differences on versions etc. Then you can check the TDs or members sales area once you track down the exact one. happy hunting :)

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
Hi all,
My collection is pretty much Rolex and Omega Reps, so not very knowledgeable about AP Reps and best TD's to source from. Im looking for one very in particular AP, its the Taupe with black bezel and steel case, Model# 26420SO.OO.A600CA.01

Any help on tracking one down would be appreciated. I did find a few on google searches but they were not listed in the TD section so i did not order.

Start with this thread which probably has all your questions answered.

AAH1483

Certified
5/12/12
Hi all,

In the AP section there's a thread for asking all AP questions ...
Anticipation Popcorn GIF
you might get lucky . Pay very close attention to that particular word I said and that's MIGHT.

alaskaguy2022

Horology Curious
25/9/22
thanks for all the replys, yes i have seen the thread you guys mentioned, i just thought maybe someone had come across that paticular model since it seems to be hard to find on the Rep market.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
hello I want to find a blue dial stainless RO.
can you guide me please?
Sure, for a start you'll want to choose the exact model that you're looking for. There's several gen models that match your criteria of SS blue dialed RO, such as the 15202, 15400, 15500, 15510 etc. Once you have decided the exact model that you want you can use the search engine here to find reviews about it. Good luck

Reactions: legend

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
15202, 16202, 15400, 15450, 15500, 15510
from factories APSF, JF, ORF, ZF.

jkent83

Certified
3/1/22
Oregon
That is a beautiful AP model, but as far as I know there isn’t a rep of it yet. As a pretty specific non-Rolex watch, they may never get around to repping that watch. Even though the watch you want isn’t available yet, you should still check out some of the other AP models. Outside of some of the Rolex reps, the APs are my favorite in terms of design and the quality of the available reps.

I’d recommend checking out the AP 15720 Royal Oak Offshore from ZF factory and APF factory or the AP Royal Oak Offshore Cheonographs from APF factory (both come in multiple colors and have a similar vibe as your desired watch). Good luck.

Fusible

5/5/22
That is a beautiful AP model, but as far as I know there isn’t a rep of it yet. As a pretty specific non-Rolex watch, they may never get around to repping that watch. Even though the watch you want isn’t available yet, you should still check out some of the other AP models. Outside of some of the Rolex reps, the APs are my favorite in terms of design and the quality of the available reps.

I’d recommend checking out the AP 15720 Royal Oak Offshore from ZF factory and APF factory or the AP Royal Oak Offshore Cheonographs from APF factory (both come in multiple colors and have a similar vibe as your desired watch). Good luck.
Can you speak to the overall consensus of ZF vs. APF concerning the grey dial variant of the 15720 please?

jkent83

Certified
3/1/22
Oregon
Unfortunately, both of these reps are fairly new with ZF being the most recent release. As such, there is no real consensus about which is preferred. I’d recommend reading the two threads on each of these watches.

At the end of the day pick the version you prefer or get both and sell the one you like less after comparing them both against each other.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi all,

I do not think the 43mm ROO has been repped yet, or at least not repped well yet. I could be wrong but I have not seen a quality replica of the 26420 around.

Fusible

5/5/22
I do not think the 43mm ROO has been repped yet, or at least not repped well yet. I could be wrong but I have not seen a quality replica of the 26420 around.
Mr. Legend ;), would you mind making a comment as to your opinion on the ZF vs APF 15720 comparison? After reading both the individual threads, it doesn't seem that there is summative information comparing the two. Would be much appreciated!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Well
Mr. Legend ;), would you mind making a comment as to your opinion on the ZF vs APF 15720 comparison? After reading both the individual threads, it doesn't seem that there is summative information comparing the two. Would be much appreciated!
Well personally I like the one @Kettle1 has. Not sure what that is. But that one checks most of my boxes (except for the instant date change) as an AP rep. Someone suggested putting a 4302 movement into it and I think it’s feasible.

Reactions: Kettle1 and Fusible

Fusible

5/5/22
Well

Well personally I like the one @Kettle1 has. Not sure what that is. But that one checks most of my boxes (except for the instant date change) as an AP rep. Someone suggested putting a 4302 movement into it and I think it’s feasible.
Thank you sir, he has the ZF, other than the pesky grey bezel gasket on the grey dial it does seem great. APF does not have that flaw, but does seem to have a subtle flaw on the hand tips being more angular than gen. Definitely a tough call!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thank you sir, he has the ZF, other than the pesky grey bezel gasket on the grey dial it does seem great. APF does not have that flaw, but does seem to have a subtle flaw on the hand tips being more angular than gen. Definitely a tough call!
My gratuitous advice is not to be bothered by the flaws. Replica watches will always have flaws and that is what makes them replicas.
Even if they are visually perfect, you will still know that they are not actual APs and there is no way around that ultimate "flaw".
Trust me, expectations of owners will rise and go from
"wow its a good looking watch" to "awesome, nobody can tell its a rep!" to "OK I will always know its a rep and not an AP". It is just a matter of time, and what is different is how long we spend at each phase and the transitions. You will always know that you are not wearing an actual AP, and if so, the mind will always start looking for flaws, a process which will not exist if you wear a gen.

The fun offered by replica watches lie not in how accurate the replicas are, for the reason stated above, but in enjoying them as they are on the wrist and accepting that they are not gen and shouldn't be compared with gen. Members tend to compare features of the reps vs gen but often neglect to account for the price differences too. When everything is compared including the price, it creates a much more meaningful picture than just comparing features of the watches.

Kettle1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
27/12/22
United Kingdom
@legend is 100% here and this is the attitude to adopt. We are here to have fun and enjoy ownership of something that resembles the exclusive beauty of these pieces. The reps are not to fool anyone they are reps thats purpose is to be enjoyed for ourself or in some peoples cases, to help keep their gen in good condition. Ofcourse, no one doesn't want to be asked the awkward questions, so dealing with any obvious tells such as the grey gasket can be modified. Such as my very easy to follow guide which can be found in the link below where I have modded the ZF gasket, IMP, to perfection :D

The zf piece IMP has the best balance out of the factories with or without the gasket difference,. I originally wanted to change to A4302 but the miyota is okay for what it is.

Enjoy your kettles guys and get what you like the most and not what you think you should like !!!

Reactions: Fusible

germanynrw

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
5/11/22
Germany
Sir which one will you prefer otb, the 15720 or 15703? Both from zf and black dial.
I think in one thread I have read that @legend say 15703 one of the best reps otb is. Legend his words will a rule for me to decide between this two.

Reactions: Kettle1