• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best 116613LB to buy right now? Confusing messages from TD's

ProGamer73061

Renowned Member
14/1/19
Germany
Have Clean Factory fixed the crown guard issue? I've searched but can't find anything definitive

Yes. The new batch of clean 116613LB has the correct updated CGs. Because of this detail I have ordered the version today!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Mancster

Mancster

Renowned Member
Certified
27/8/17
Ohh I may opt for a clean factory version then. What’s the consensus on the dial? Is it still a bit too purple or has that been updated too?

ProGamer73061

Renowned Member
14/1/19
Germany
Ohh I may opt for a clean factory version then. What’s the consensus on the dial? Is it still a bit too purple or has that been updated too?

It’s a rep. They have all there only flaws. Vsf is too light, Arf to dark, cf to purple…

Cf is amazing! Do gold plating and use gen crystal and you get a solid watch.

Look at this link, but it’s v1 and it look amazing!

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ner-series-review-incl-comparison-pics-vs-gen

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I don’t think CF CG’s are there yet buddy. Improved over V3 but still not like gen (or VSF).

ProGamer73061

Renowned Member
14/1/19
Germany
I will see it if I get the QCs. The CGs are not a instant tell For me. If they better than in v1 I’m really happy.

Last edited:

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
CF's CG's are improved but they still need work, that said I've ordered one as this is something that doesn't bother me. Wouldn't bother with the VSF personally.

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
As I’ve said, I’m pretty happy with the ARF. Only thing that lets it down slightly is the gold on the insert can look quite dark / orange in certain light and also the date-wheel on the 26th and 29th. As the Clean uses the ARF bracelet (and I personally think the gold is acceptable) I’d be interested to know how the insert is on the Clean, (gold indices and numbers) and also how the date-wheel stacks up?

Last edited:

ProGamer73061

Renowned Member
14/1/19
Germany
I believe nobody can spot it as a fake on your wrist…
The only man who can spot it, is Superman ;-)
I don’t think That normal People will spot it.

Reactions: p0pperini

TTBHG

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/10/20

ProGamer73061

Renowned Member
14/1/19
Germany
I’m still a newbie so forgive the dumb question; what is the best way to get a gen Crystal to have it installed?

Look at 1166… crystal. eBay, Chrono24, m2m, prof xtal on rwi, repgeek, rwg www. Use the search Function. For installation please search for a Rep watchmaker.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
So, having decided I want a 116613LB I can actually keep and be really happy with, I have had detailed conversations with Nikz and having had a look at some of the other projects he’s recently completed for members here, I’ve decided to bite the bullet.
Nikz feels the Clean is the strongest base as it has the ARF bracelet but with separate SEL’s like the gen.
I’m having the watch sent directly to Nikz where he will carry out a full service, change the barrel and mainspring to gen and waterproof the watch. Replate the bracelet, bezel and crown to gen colour and finish with protective nano coating. Fit VSF Crystal and a gen date wheel and I’ll have a 116613LB that I’ll be really happy with and that will last.
Pictures to follow when Nikz has worked his magic….

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
So, having decided I want a 116613LB I can actually keep and be really happy with, I have had detailed conversations with Nikz and having had a look at some of the other projects he’s recently completed for members here, I’ve decided to bite the bullet.
Nikz feels the Clean is the strongest base as it has the ARF bracelet but with separate SEL’s like the gen.
I’m having the watch sent directly to Nikz where he will carry out a full service, change the barrel and mainspring to gen and waterproof the watch. Replate the bracelet, bezel and crown to gen colour and finish with protective nano coating. Fit VSF Crystal and a gen date wheel and I’ll have a 116613LB that I’ll be really happy with and that will last.

Sounds like a great plan. With all the mods you're putting in this watch, I'd consider a gen crystal as well. VSF is good but the cyclop has a slight distortion when you look at the date at an angle

Last edited:

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
Sounds like a great plan. With all the mods you're putting in this watch, I'd consider a gen crystal as well. VSF is good but the cyclop has a slight distortion when you look at the date at an angle
You have a very valid point, I thought I’d be happy with the VSF Crystal as I have a VSF 126619LB, and it’s really good, but having spoke to Nikz again, as he says, you can’t beat gen, so we’re going with the gen Crystal, thanks for the prompt, good advice, and taken

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
You have a very valid point, I thought I’d be happy with the VSF Crystal as I have a VSF 126619LB, and it’s really good, but having spoke to Nikz again, as he says, you can’t beat gen, so we’re going with the gen Crystal, thanks for the prompt, good advice, and taken

Anytime :) Looking forward to seeing pics of your upcoming beauty!

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
Marky101 . Sounds like you’re going to get a beautiful time piece. Will you post pictures and a review?

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
Marky101 . Sounds like you’re going to get a beautiful time piece. Will you post pictures and a review?

I will, it’s going to take around 8-10 weeks, so patience will be a virtue (not a strong point of mine) lol….. I’m sure it will be worth with the wait however having seen the quality of Nikz work, and some of the projects he’s completed for other members.

Last edited:

Comebackbaby

28/12/20

Good decision my friend, you won’t be disappointed!

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
Good decision my friend, you won’t be disappointed!
We have decided to go with gen Crystal also, instead of the VSF, it would be a shame not too and regret it later. Have to say Nikz input and advice has been priceless

Comebackbaby

28/12/20
We have decided to go with gen Crystal also, instead of the VSF, it would be a shame not too and regret it later. Have to say Nikz input and advice has been priceless

I have the same build on it’s way with the exception of the gen crystal vs VSF. I’ve already overspent on it, no need to dig any deeper ????