• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

jtimewatch

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
12/3/19
Guangzhou, China
Hi guys

Happy New Year to you all.

It has been a long time that I did not post any reviews here, but today I would like to bring you guys some news to have a fun reading.
Clean Factory has took over and acquired ZZF fully and just released a series of new submariner models themselves, and they made upgrades on ZZF 114060 V3 and 116610 V3, as well as released brand new 116613 two tone Submariners.

Looks like the "Submariner Competition" is going very hot at the moment.
I wont say too much my own point of views about the products this time, but will post a lot of real comparison pictures so that you guys can have a thorough look on them yourselves.
But since there will be a lot of pictures in this thread, so please be a bit more patient on reading lol.

Let's get down to the pictures now.

The Main Characters of this review as follow:

VAKTzf.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First part, they have upgraded the green insert to V4 now.
From the Clean Factory told, they have added some precious metal component based on V3 insert while they were making this V4 insert, same as genuine insert component.
As a result, the color will be a slightly yellowish even closer to genuine insert.
Also, they have adjusted the engraved markers plating color as well, it wont look any pale any more but more sliver.

Based on what factory told, this version might be the ultimate version.

Ok, let's go to see some comparison pictures.

VA6ZQQ.jpg

VAuBFA.jpg

VAu5uT.jpg

VAu4zd.jpg

VAuXf2.jpg

VAuH5b.jpg

VAuqFo.jpg

VAuduI.jpg

VAuhd8.jpg

There is no much I can tell about this insert since many members are quite familiar with Clean Factory insert.
But one thing about the pearl I would like to mention, based on the closed-up pictures and the real insert I saw, Clean Factory still has the best pearl.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second part, the hulk 116610 LV comparison pictures will be as follows:

VA6ryD.jpg

VA6a40.jpg

VA6OTq.jpg

VA6Lep.jpg

VA6HEG.jpg

VA6jqX.jpg

VA6dGy.jpg

VA67vf.jpg

VA6Y3a.jpg

VA6T8Q.jpg

VA6SCg.jpg

VA6iAA.jpg

VA6gTR.jpg

VA6NMT.jpg

VA68EZ.jpg

VA6fqe.jpg

VA6w9d.jpg

VA6ovK.jpg

VA6G32.jpg

VA69lL.jpg

VA62Cb.jpg

VA6sAo.jpg

Date window comparison vs Gen as follow, left ones are genuine and right ones are Clean Factory:

VAKY2y.jpg

VAKhdX.jpg

Third part, the black 116610/114060 LN comparison pictures will be as follows:
(Sorry, I do not have genuine 116610 LN in hand at the moment, so those comparisons are with a genuine 114060)

VAEMPf.jpg

VAE0ya.jpg

VAERaQ.jpg

VAEcNg.jpg

VAEUUA.jpg

VAECDR.jpg

VAEJYT.jpg

VAEIkZ.jpg

VAE1Ke.jpg

VAEvHd.jpg

VAEbPK.jpg

VAEzy2.jpg

VAEW4L.jpg

VAEKNb.jpg

VAEEUo.jpg

VAEuB3.jpg

VAEZYI.jpg

VAEVe8.jpg

VAEDEr.jpg

VA6AHU.jpg

VA65GF.jpg

Fourth part, full SS bracelet comparison as follow:
Will have to say, this 1LD code ARF bracelet is still the top one in this business.

VA648h.jpg

VA63U6.jpg

VA6XBs.jpg

Fifth part, the 116613 LB insert details and comparison as follow:

VA6kS3.jpg

VA6eMI.jpg

VA6M68.jpg

VA6njr.jpg

VA6R9U.jpg

VA6cbF.jpg

VA6C3D.jpg

VA6Ql0.jpg

VA6JQh.jpg

In general, from what I saw personal, this blue/gold insert color is slightly purplish very close to genuine, also the engraved markers color is nice too.
It could be the best blue/insert on the market.

Sixth part, details of the two tone bracelet as follow:

VAKE7G.jpg

VAK6sX.jpg

VAKupy.jpg

VAKVOf.jpg

VAEFkr.jpg

As we can see, this bracelet is gold plated based on the 1LD code ARF bracelet.
And edge/side of the middle links are all plated with gold color, which is much better than many other factories versions.

Here is a bracelet full parts disassembled as follow (before gold plating):
In order to have gold color plated on edge/side of the middle links, Clean Factory has to plate every single middle links which is much more costly.

VAKqFq.png

Also as the arrow pointed, the SEL on this bracelet has been updated to same structure as genuine as a separate middle link, so that they can ensure to plate the gold to side of the middle link on the SEL.
Pictures as follow:

VAKduG.png

Another factory sample FYI as follow:
The SEL is as a full part instead of separate links combined together.

VAKj0p.png

Rest parts will go into comment section coz can not update so many pictures in one thread.

Last edited:

jtimewatch

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
12/3/19
Guangzhou, China
Continue from here:

Seventh part, 116613 LB dial details and comparison pictures as follows:

VA61A6.jpg

VA6ySs.jpg

VA6v0q.jpg

VA6b6p.jpg

VA6pjG.jpg

VA6W2X.jpg

VA6Kby.jpg

VA66tf.jpg

Eighth part, 116613 LB watch details and comparison pictures as follows:

VAKbr6.jpg

VAKzis.jpg

VAKpRq.jpg

VAKDoa.jpg

VAEBIQ.jpg

VAE5mg.jpg

VAErgA.jpg

VAEmRR.jpg

VAEaVT.jpg

VAE37Z.jpg

VAEtse.jpg

VAEXWd.jpg

VAELOK.jpg

VAEHo2.jpg

VAEq1L.jpg

VAEdmb.jpg

VAE7go.jpg

VAEhc3.jpg

VAEYVI.jpg

VAESh8.jpg

VAEiWU.jpg

VAENLF.jpg

About the gold color thing, as factory told, those arrow pointed parts will be plated at same time with each other, so there will not be color difference on those plated part.
Picture as follow:

VAKXfh.png

Ninth part, 116613 LN watch details and comparison pictures as follows:

VAKifQ.jpg

VAKgJg.jpg

VAK8rA.jpg

VAKlFR.jpg

VAKfnT.jpg

VAKwuZ.jpg

VAKPde.jpg

VAKGxd.jpg

VAK9zK.jpg

VAKxX2.jpg

VAKswL.jpg

VAKkJb.jpg

VAKMro.jpg

VAK0i3.jpg

VAKnnI.jpg

VAKRZ8.jpg

VAKU7r.jpg

VAKCxU.jpg

VAKQpF.jpg

VAKIXD.jpg

VAK1w0.jpg

VAKyIh.jpg

Tenth part, will be about the recessed SEL to lug.
Unlike many other factories, Clean Factory has some their own test way to knock out those unqualified SELs.

VAKOQ6.png

VAKH5s.png

Ok everyone, this shall be end of this long thread now.

One more thing to inform as there are quite a lot of people would like to know the steel material thing:
Based on factory told, except the crown and bezel metal ring, all other steel are all 904L.
And wish I could bring out some real test myself soon as well.

Thank you very much for your support and time to read this.
Wish you all have a healthy, wealthy and happy new 2021 year.

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
Amazing!!! The only area I think we can use some fine tuning would be the crown guards. Clean are still a bit taller than gen.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 5ive-Digits-0nly

Luizin2004

Renowned Member
11/1/11
Will they still be selling their inserts?
Or now they will stop selling spare parts as they bought ZZF?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Reactions: dfmgomes

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Hey Li and the gang,

Thanks for breaking the news and for the extended and detailed look at the new kids on the block, much appreciated. A Happy New Year to you - and enjoy the 20 weeks or whatever it is that you spend celebrating it! :)

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Holyshiet. Now vsf lost the two tone battle for me atleast. LB lets go!

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
what’s upgrades in no date?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Doc.77

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Thanks for putting this post together. Looks promising. As mentioned above, the CGs are the only obvious improvement from my perspective. And the crown on the rehaut is pretty rough -- not that you can see that without magnification.

Happy New Year to you.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
The question is did they match the clarity of VSF's 116610 crystal? I find it hard to choose ZZF/CF over VSF's 116 if the crystal is not up to par

Also any news on them rolling out the 126610? No real good alternatives at the moment, with VSF bad lug profile and Green's quality control, CF can grab some nice market share.

Last edited:

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
The question is did they match the clarity of VSF's 116610 crystal? I find it hard to choose ZZF/CF over VSF if the crystal is not up to par

If you check jtime website photos, crystal is not to the level of vsf or even zf.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
so the new name clean not zzf v4 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk