• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR factory RM 055

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Interestingly I can get the stem to insert and in all the way, and I can change the times. But I cannot wind the watch because the stem does not engage somehow. I am wondering is this stem threaded somehow that I need to insert it as if it were a bolt or screw by turning it?

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
This BBR watch reminds me of of the older Noob APs seconds at 12 that had a lot of issues originally, but then were improved as much as they could be. Same with the Rolex reps seconds at 6. Used to be ticking time bombs then became more stable.

It’s just the nature of the industry. If anyone is new they may not know this, but people like bmw760 and I have been around for a while and only offering insight so that buyers can make an informed decision wisely, especially new ones to the rep game.

The BBR is too new in my opinion and will continue to have issues. No one is knocking the watch because we bought 10 plus ZF reps. If we wanted the BBR we would order it ourselves, but the watch still has ways to go.

Btw 2 personal friends of mine both bought the BBR, one it broke within 3 weeks, the other broke after a month and he returned it. The one that broke after a month just revived it recently supposedly a new batch.

I would personally wait until they perfect the movement, which they will to the best they can, they don’t want returns and angry buyers and in the end want only your money.

So I’m the end, so what you feel is right, if you want the headache of dealing with issues and sending to a watch smith, then go ahead and purchase it, but I am going to wait.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I had the stem pop out on my ZF once, scared the shit outta me but I was able to put it back immediately. I still get the willies changing the time on it when I wear it. From what I know of watchmaking the likelihood that it goes back in willingly and everything works is very small, but it should be fixable. I'd bet it's a fiddly job though, and it's going to be hard to find a watchmaker willing to tear it down.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I called my watch smith. He said he would take a look at it and as long as detente is not broken he said easy to put back and fix.

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I called my watch smith. He said he would take a look at it and as long as detente is not broken he said easy to put back and fix.
The issue is that the keyless works need to be reset. The keyless works are set into "time setting mode", and to get the stem back into place they need to be in "winding" mode. This should be pretty easy for a watchsmith to do, but it will require opening the case in order to use a probe to shift the setting lever back into the winding position.

Reactions: GiantSquid

asuwere

2/6/19
This BBR watch reminds me of of the older Noob APs seconds at 12 that had a lot of issues originally, but then were improved as much as they could be. Same with the Rolex reps seconds at 6. Used to be ticking time bombs then became more stable.

It’s just the nature of the industry. If anyone is new they may not know this, but people like bmw760 and I have been around for a while and only offering insight so that buyers can make an informed decision wisely, especially new ones to the rep game.

The BBR is too new in my opinion and will continue to have issues. No one is knocking the watch because we bought 10 plus ZF reps. If we wanted the BBR we would order it ourselves, but the watch still has ways to go.

Btw 2 personal friends of mine both bought the BBR, one it broke within 3 weeks, the other broke after a month and he returned it. The one that broke after a month just revived it recently supposedly a new batch.

I would personally wait until they perfect the movement, which they will to the best they can, they don’t want returns and angry buyers and in the end want only your money.

So I’m the end, so what you feel is right, if you want the headache of dealing with issues and sending to a watch smith, then go ahead and purchase it, but I am going to wait.
That's positive thinking.

They'll probably try to make the movement look more like the gen in future iterations, the same as they did with their RD Excalibur. They did two Excalibur releases with a brass gear that didn't belong then removed it in V3. When they did that they introduced new movement faults that buyers were the ones to discover. Now we're looking at the same in BBR's RM line. I'm thinking this V2 will probably more stable than V3 if that one is the first to make movement changes. Maybe they'll take that extra brass gear out from the back and try to increase the see through areas of the upper half.

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe
My TD was fed up with them already lol. Which version are you after? Think it is a hit or miss with these.
Either the white legend or the yas marina still unsure depends as I’m waiting for a white one v1 but might be stuck at customs if that goes through gonna go with the yas.. I’ll keep you updated last time with the v1 no luck in terms of qc waited 3 months with nothing coming up, canceled it as I found it m2m

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Either the white legend or the yas marina still unsure depends as I’m waiting for a white one v1 but might be stuck at customs if that goes through gonna go with the yas.. I’ll keep you updated last time with the v1 no luck in terms of qc waited 3 months with nothing coming up, canceled it as I found it m2m
White legend has incorrect midcase. Rep is carbon but should be titanium. thats why i opted for Japan, but unfortunately my TD wont carry them .

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe
White legend has incorrect midcase. Rep is carbon but should be titanium. thats why i opted for Japan, but unfortunately my TD wont carry them .
Ok thanks for the heads up forgot about that probably gonna go with the yas marina then as I like the baby blue/white combo

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
i have just ordered the Carbon ''japan'' edition (white rehaut + red crown / white strap). Will let you guys know when receive QC
I prefer to call this the "Austria" edition. Or is it really known as Japan version?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Does anyone know the specific sizes for the screw drivers to take apart the watch?

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
For what its worth, here were two of my QC pics. Look at how shit the carbon looks compared to the release pics.

No marbleing at all, same shit pattern as KVF had in the beginning.

Also screenshot of video from the timegrapher, in the end it was -17 seconds and stutter was like a quartz watch

zk0ibE.jpg

zk0aX2.jpg

Reactions: greenbeans