• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR factory RM 055

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Are zf straps interchangeable with BBR?
As far as we know, no they are not. The case is slightly different and the straps probably are as well, but as long as you can get accurate measurements the attachment tab can probably be modified. I 3d print tabs for my customs, the rest is just fabric and stitching.

Reactions: dabestone

brendan777

Golfer
Banned
16/8/12
zTQdLk.jpg

FYI, this seems to be from another factory called RMF. My dealer told me it's not bad though, so I've ordered a few to see how it feels.

Last edited:

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
you have a side view please? It looks quite good this one if the side view is the one shared here before

dabestone

Renowned Member
6/12/14
As far as we know, no they are not. The case is slightly different and the straps probably are as well, but as long as you can get accurate measurements the attachment tab can probably be modified. I 3d print tabs for my customs, the rest is just fabric and stitching.
Appreciate the reply bro. I'm texting see if SMP can do Velcro for this bbr.

mosh_2k7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/9/10
Appreciate the reply bro. I'm texting see if SMP can do Velcro for this bbr.

I’ve already enquired! He has asked for measurements. So I’ve ordered the screwdriver to take the strap off. If you have a screwdriver, then you can also send him the measurements :)

Reactions: dabestone

TMTFM888

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
30/5/21
Dont buy this shit. My mvt is dead after only a few wear.

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA

Based on his handling the time changes, the movement has some issues as well. The seconds hand stops and jumps very similarly as it does in the ZF model. No stuttering and it beats at the correct 4Hz it seems, but Im skeptical about the movements longevity.

If anyone has theirs serviced or modded, would really appreciate the info. Also if the BBR movement can be swapped into a ZF case would be very useful.

brendan777

Golfer
Banned
16/8/12
Are you my accountant or something ? Many of us talk behind the scenes about our experiences with new releases so that others do not commit the same mistakes. I apologize if I didn't come prepared with notarized documents to satisfy your needs.

I might be reading it differently, but I think he was actually thanking you for sharing your experience.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I think people commenting on the in-hand quality of watches should own them, personally, but that's just me. Contributions from people seemingly desperate to justify their prior purchases aren't particularly useful.

Reactions: Mayor_McCheese

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I have had the BBR RM055 black version with red jewel V1 and so far has been quite reliable. Even the seconds hand moves quite smoothly. Perhaps I got lucky.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I think people commenting on the in-hand quality of watches should own them, personally, but that's just me. Contributions from people seemingly desperate to justify their prior purchases aren't particularly useful.
Is this the hill you're going to die on ? You really think we give advice based off a financial interest. Every single person I know who has purchased a BBR rep has been underwhelmed with them and we have seen major failures of the movement. That is why some of us try to pass along the info so that people don't end up with a $600 paperweight. Not sure what your agenda is, but you seem to be booty tickled by my posts.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Ok well I spoke too soon. The stem just came out of the watch. Never had the crown come out on anything. I am very gentle with these reps. Must have jynxed myself.

How can I put the stem back in I don't want to break this more.

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Ok well I spoke too soon. The stem just came out of the watch. Never had the crown come out on anything. I am very gentle with these reps. Must have jynxed myself.

If you don't have the tools to take the caseback off try rotating the crown while gently pushing in

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Thanks I have fiddled with it for a while now but pretty sure I will end up making it worse. I don't have tools for it either.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer

what the actual f*ck. sounds really jynxed.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
As I was writing the post saying my watch has been running smoothly I thought to myself: I bet that something will happen now to it. And a couple of hours later I went to change the time on it and the stem comes out!! It is as if I knew that if I said it was working well that it would have a problem. Really weird and crazy. Haha