• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BBR factory RM 055

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
I keep waiting for ZF to officially respond with something but it seems they are taking their time

Reactions: fall1n1

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
I think this RM is the best effort put together by a factory so far, ZF didn’t do very much other than playing around with their cases, and they made a lot of money selling v1, v2.. v4s, and we all bought them, hope they make a move though

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I think this RM is the best effort put together by a factory so far, ZF didn’t do very much other than playing around with their cases, and they made a lot of money selling v1, v2.. v4s, and we all bought them, hope they make a move though
The rumor that I heard on WeChat was that this RM55 is not actually made by BBR, but rather by a very small unknown factory that’s just using the BBR name. See pic below… and sorry about the confusing threading of responses, I was running three different threaded conversations with this non-TD and WeChat threading isn’t obvious in a screenshot. The order of the messages is the blue numbers on the right.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
This thread has been most entertaining. Rumours are flying all about. Mine should arrive tomorrow according to the post. I will report back.

GTSpec

Horology Curious
18/3/18
🌏
How long did it take for you guys to get qc? Been waiting for like a month and considering canceling my order...

And has anyone on here tried to diy the movement into a zf case?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I received the black version yesterday. My first impression is the watch looks great and has a nice feel of quality made. The winding of the movement is nice and smooth. The movement on mine is not jumpy on the seconds hands or at least I cannot notice it as others say on theirs. When you take the crown out the seconds hands acts crazy and jumps back and forth but it is similar to 3KF Aquanaut if you are familiar with those and not a big deal. So no hacking on this one.

The clasp is well made but has no locking feature which seems strange to me, but I remember reading in this thread that someone pointed out the clasp is not like the gen. Perhaps that is what they were referring to. Even so the clasp is well made from materials and solid, just does not lock and you need to make sure you tuck in the strap end under the catch.

The crystal is clear but I am not a Richard Mille expert and others can comment on if it is close to gen or not. For me as long as it is well made and is close I am happy for now. I will see to post some pictures later but it is a raining day here. Overall I am please with the quality and hope reliability is good.

Reactions: dogwood

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I would like to also point out that you should look at your QC well. I missed a small scratch that in the QC is barely noticeable but in real life is more evident when the light hits it.

Reactions: dogwood

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Apparently it’s KVF, a TD said, and they are still working on it. Hope they release soon.

asuwere

2/6/19
The movement doesn't fit that case. You can see the two screws on the right partially hidden under the rehaut.

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Hmm, I’ve just noticed that, but it’s okay, thin case and working balance is more than enough for me

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Yes but not very much info when it’s likely to come out though, rumors say not this moths but I don’t know

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Bbr is a breaking point towards a properly replicated RM I think, except the skull or tourbillons maybe

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Red jevel is my least of problem, I think red jewel gives the watch more of a contrast, maybe Richard mille should use a red jewel too

ecw24

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/7/15
Finallyy I got mine in. Order on 6/22/, QC received 7/17, shipped a day or two after that, got denied in China customs, re-shipped to me 8/31, received 9/17.
First impression was wow this has some weight to it. I’m coming from the og 16mm zf carbon RM055 on a Velcro strap so the weight shocked me however the build quality is very good imo. Rubber strap is soft and flexible, clasp is actual titanium, works well and has a nice spring to it. Alright now to the “big” issues this BBR has. First the seconds hand. Yes it does stutter and and yes it is a little annoying but my ZF had this issue so I’m kinda used to it. Next is the AR. Personally I’m completely fine with it. The moving balance wheel draws my attention way more when looking at it than the AR. Also the AR on the front glass is pretty good, the issue is the back glass. It has no AR at all and that’s what is taking away from the front. You can see in the pics how the back gets washed out while the front has the blue hue to it. The second pic shows a good example of this. Sure it might not be gen ar but again the moving balance wheel is much more noticeable. And lastly is the red jewel. This is last because it’s that negligible. I have to remind myself this has a red jewel when looking at it because again the moving balance takes away from it.
Overall I’m happy with it and glad I decided not to cancel my order. But I will say I think I’ll look into two mods later on. The first will be the seconds hand and that’s because this rep is such good quality the seconds hand should match. If this was my old 16mm RM I wouldn’t care at all. The second would be the back glass getting AR. If it’s possible I will do it but this isn’t a huge thing to me.
The only real issue worth fixing is the second hand imo. Other than that this is a very nice rep. IMO a non moving RM055, which is skeleton, is worse than the minor flaws this has.
Now to pics:

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
Finallyy I got mine in. Order on 6/22/, QC received 7/17, shipped a day or two after that, got denied in China customs, re-shipped to me 8/31, received 9/17.
First impression was wow this has some weight to it. I’m coming from the og 16mm zf carbon RM055 on a Velcro strap so the weight shocked me however the build quality is very good imo. Rubber strap is soft and flexible, clasp is actual titanium, works well and has a nice spring to it. Alright now to the “big” issues this BBR has. First the seconds hand. Yes it does stutter and and yes it is a little annoying but my ZF had this issue so I’m kinda used to it. Next is the AR. Personally I’m completely fine with it. The moving balance wheel draws my attention way more when looking at it than the AR. Also the AR on the front glass is pretty good, the issue is the back glass. It has no AR at all and that’s what is taking away from the front. You can see in the pics how the back gets washed out while the front has the blue hue to it. The second pic shows a good example of this. Sure it might not be gen ar but again the moving balance wheel is much more noticeable. And lastly is the red jewel. This is last because it’s that negligible. I have to remind myself this has a red jewel when looking at it because again the moving balance takes away from it.
Overall I’m happy with it and glad I decided not to cancel my order. But I will say I think I’ll look into two mods later on. The first will be the seconds hand and that’s because this rep is such good quality the seconds hand should match. If this was my old 16mm RM I wouldn’t care at all. The second would be the back glass getting AR. If it’s possible I will do it but this isn’t a huge thing to me.
The only real issue worth fixing is the second hand imo. Other than that this is a very nice rep. IMO a non moving RM055, which is skeleton, is worse than the minor flaws this has.
Now to pics:
Thanks a lot for the writeup and pics, very much appreciated.

Regarding the stuttering seconds hand, what mod specifically are you planning that will eliminate the issue?